Mutiny Bay: New Family Coaster Concept

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
cookiee_munster

if the park got wrid of the log flume and never replaced it with another kind of water ride, i see no problem? the UK's weather is awful. we can't have the amazing water rides that places like Florida offer as your just walking around drenched all day not able to dry off unlike in floridian weather.

that rollercoaster does have a nautical theme, and is pretty much based around the lake, so whats stopping the designers putting in water elements that will otherwise create a splash and may get you a little damp, but not soaked. the steam in oblivions tunnel (when turned on) is a good example of this.
Liam-AltonTowers

I think when the train exists the station it should go into a dark room and lighting and effects should begin. Then like it shows on the plans the lift hill goes up sideways as if your been hoisted in a some kind of net to the surface, whilst this is happening it would be could if the entire track rocked side to side and titled forward to give the impression your been pulled. Then the train should come out of the building straight down the drop into the twists and turns and dips under the lake, then as it says on the plans if you look carefully the launch section happens which would be awesome. I think this ride needs to get built...!

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!
abigsmurf

cookiee_munster wrote: if the park got wrid of the log flume and never replaced it with another kind of water ride, i see no problem? the UK's weather is awful. we can't have the amazing water rides that places like Florida offer as your just walking around drenched all day not able to dry off unlike in floridian weather.

that rollercoaster does have a nautical theme, and is pretty much based around the lake, so whats stopping the designers putting in water elements that will otherwise create a splash and may get you a little damp, but not soaked. the steam in oblivions tunnel (when turned on) is a good example of this.
Log flumes are pretty much expected at big theme parks, especially by families with people who don't like rollercoasters as it can be one of the few things they go on together.
Liam-AltonTowers

abigsmurf wrote:
cookiee_munster wrote: if the park got wrid of the log flume and never replaced it with another kind of water ride, i see no problem? the UK's weather is awful. we can't have the amazing water rides that places like Florida offer as your just walking around drenched all day not able to dry off unlike in floridian weather.

Log flumes are pretty much expected at big theme parks, especially by families with people who don't like rollercoasters as it can be one of the few things they go on together.
It wouldn't matter if the log flume went and this replaced it because like I've said loads there are loads of other possible sites for log flume/water rides.

ImURNemesis

Mmmm...

The unofficial plans look good and could be anougher landmark ride to add to their portfolio, but I do have a few issues. We don't need anougher worlds first gimmick, we need a good ride that doesn't have a worlds first gimmick.

There is also a lot of unused space in the woodland section.
Liam-AltonTowers

ImURNemesis wrote: Mmmm...

The unofficial plans look good and could be anougher landmark ride to add to their portfolio, but I do have a few issues. We don't need anougher worlds first gimmick, we need a good ride that doesn't have a worlds first gimmick.

The woodland could be used for other rides and this ride could just have a standard lift hill making it a non world first.

Benji

ImURNemesis wrote: Mmmm...

The problem with the woodland is that lots of healthy trees may have to be cut don't, so..if you have space then why don't you use it? As long as the ride is good and appeals to the chosen audience I don't find there is a problem. The flume is looking tired now so it would be good to get a new ride that includes a few water elements and it is always a bonus if it includes a 'world's first' element.

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!
bensaund

For me I don't care about a worlds first element, take X:\NWO, its a worlds first but not a good ride, if you go for the highest or fastest, next year somebody will only do one better.

For me I want a good ride, well themed and a great overall experience, and a good throughput of guests, no point adding a ride which can only do 500 PPH as this will only lead to long queues.

There seem to be so many people on here with great ideas, the fact that so many members create their coasters on RCT and do very accurate drawings of the rides, shows that the community here can contribute so much to the development of the theme park. I think it annoys us all when the park throws in a Rita or a Storm Surge which does not fit in with the area or re-themes Toyland Tours to CATCF spoiling a good ride for an inferior one.

The Mutiny Bay coaster looks a great addition, but I still feel Alton would need a flume of sorts, even if it is a basic shorter flume, maybe designed for the younger audience, a flume does not make so much noise and could go in Coaster corner or somewhere else. Or while they are going for the cross valley coaster, they should put in a 200ft flume drop into the gardens! :-)
If you go down to the woods today
Liam-AltonTowers

No one's posted in here for a while, thought I'd get things back on track. So back to this coaster, if you've read all the previous posts we were discussing the possibilities of this coaster - I'll go first. There appears to be a launch section on the plans so what speeds do you think this coaster could reach and also who do you wan't the manufacturer to be?

jb19852

LiamLovesRollercoasters! wrote: No one's posted in here for a while, thought I'd get things back on track. So back to this coaster, if you've read all the previous posts we were discussing the possibilities of this coaster - I'll go first. There appears to be a launch section on the plans so what speeds do you think this coaster could reach and also who do you wan't the manufacturer to be?
its not real
MattsDesigns

I've been wondering, whats actually the point of a lift like that? I know its suppose to simulate being caught in a net but it just doesn't seem like it would be all that fun to experience.
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.
Alan

A ride similar to Disney's Splash Mountain would go down well. One of the Magic Kingdom's most popular rides, it's suitable for all the family and if done right could offer something to Alton Towers and with much of the ride being indoors there would be minimal noise produced. The only downside is the height of 87 feet, 14 feet taller than SW7, saying that, nothing stopping development going downwards.
oliviamae

MattsDesigns wrote: I've been wondering, whats actually the point of a lift like that? I know its suppose to simulate being caught in a net but it just doesn't seem like it would be all that fun to experience.
I think it's just good for theming, and something for kids to go on about to their mates. Just a bit more exciting and gimmicky- don't forget, the young family market will lap something like that up.