Forbidden Valley

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
scott.smith

This is a intresting topic as Forbidden valley is one of the main THRILL areas in the park and features 2 flats 2 thrilling coasters and a new dark ride, but in the future what could possibly change?

-Could the area be rethemed?
-What rides could possibly come to the area?
-What rides could possibly go from the area?
-Could Forbidden Valley be divided into 2 lands in the future?

Also which ride is more likely to go first?
-Blade
-Ripsaw

Lets hear some ideas?
Last edited by scott.smith on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coasteraddict

Red is the entrance to be built for when the air carpark gets built upon, so that air, the new coaster and anything else is in it's own area, that I'd theme to a high tech space stationy/travel theme with lots of highly glossed buildings that look futuristic (Would include a re-do of airs station and gift store).
Blue is the new plaza for the area with the pink being themed stalls for food and whatnot, orange is airs new entrance with black being the new coasters entrance.
The purple would be a new flat, don't know which one though out of the million out there.
The grey would be a new exit into an entertainments complex in the car park above the air carpark, after the overspill fields are made into carparks.

I wouldn't actually touch FV much at all though, but just add more theming stuff, like more military stuff, such as the cannon.
Mulcracker

I can possibly see Ripsaw moving to DF and Blade moving to MB leaving enough room for a new ride...I'm not thinking near future though.
scott.smith

I think Ripsaw will be there until it passes away to be honest however blade should be relocated to Munity Bay or even Katanga
ImURNemesis

FV itself won't get a redical retheme anytime soon because of Nemesis/Nemesis Sub-terra. However. I do see it playing a big part in new devolopments of Alton Towers. I can see it being split in two different areas with Nemesis and Post Apolalitic theme on one side and Air on the other elaperating on the Dark vs light contrast that Air made in 2002. Paradice/Ultopia theme that could open up a conplex/entrance with the reasort on the Air car park, plus the possibility of a new coaster (SW8?). It's all good! Not to mention the splash landing hotel/carrbia ceek water park on the other side witch would tie in nicely with the new area.

As for new flats, I'm hoping for a magic carpet ride replacing the Blade, and being relocated to Mutiny Bay. A famliy, yet thrilling ride. Ripsaw should be replaced with a shuttle coaster. Obliviously, not a high as thunder looper was, but it would be nice to see Vekoma come up with a cool concept.

In general/short term, they need to, add some lighting into Air's tunnal and stop playing chart music loudly. Alton Towers is a place of escapism not a night club, so get the Nemesis soundtrack on full blast and finaly the old Tom Baker soundover over by Nemesis needs to be brought back. With Sub-terra in the park now, it should explain the story a bit more.
bringbackthevintagecars

Can see Blade going within he next few years and maybe Ripsaw too, with maybe a new ride or established ride from a different area coming to FV 
BRING BACK THE VINTAGE CARS!!!              PLEASE
bensaund

Bring back Thunderlooper!
If you go down to the woods today
scott.smith

Well we never expected nemesis sub Tera coming so fv might suprise us in the future :)
scw55

Did they ever let Ripsaw 'fountain' Nemesis' blood?

I wouldn't mind Air's existence justified more. I highly doubt FV is so horrifying that they need an 'Oasis' to stop people going insane. So reinforce the contrast more or explain why Air even exists. It feels like an abstract metaphor placed in an area with a narrative. It's like someone thought it'd be cool to 'fly' over a ruined wasteland and they decided that FV was the perfect candidate for the area.
Jevaaaans

If Air's car park were to be used for a new coaster, Forbidden Valley should become two distinct lands.

The far end of Nemesis (the end with the loop) should be the cut off point. Trees could be planted to give the impression of a dense forest, even though its only about 50 yards to the new land. The Blade should either be removed and shipped off to Thorpe or Chessington, or rethemed to fit in Mutiny Bay. Ripsaw would be moved to the Blade area with a new smaller flat taking up Ripsaw's old space.

The new land could be themed very futuristic (Tomorrowland at Disney Florida comes to mind) with Air being rethemed very slightly to fit the theme, perhaps with a storyline of some sort. And for god sake, someone please do something with that Air tunnel  :lol:

The entrance for the new land would be built pretty much directly next to Air's disabled entrance, which could possibly be moved to allow a larger entrance and some food outlets. The Air Shop would remain in the same place but the entrance and queueline for Air should be moved over towards the shop slightly, allowing for a queueline up towards the new ride. The plaza below Air would be transformed into some new shops and food outlets, including some of these Carnival Games which turn up in almost every land.

This new land would also see a better footpath being build up towards it from the FV entrance so that you don't need to walk through mud to get to it.
altontowers101

I they are all good ideas, so if they had trees cutting off the two seperate lands in weaving between them they could have slides which start sort of "holding" down the Nemesis monster and then that fades out and then you are weaving in and out of the new land themeing then you get off. :D :D :lol: :lol:
ImURNemesis

Any ideas as what SW8 could be if they choose to use the Air Car park?

I'm hoping the park could use it for a woodie, but I get a feeling it going to be a B&M Coaster.
Rollermad

Jevaaaans wrote: If Air's car park were to be used for a new coaster, Forbidden Valley should become two distinct lands.

The far end of Nemesis (the end with the loop) should be the cut off point. Trees could be planted to give the impression of a dense forest, even though its only about 50 yards to the new land. The Blade should either be removed and shipped off to Thorpe or Chessington, or rethemed to fit in Mutiny Bay. Ripsaw would be moved to the Blade area with a new smaller flat taking up Ripsaw's old space.

The new land could be themed very futuristic (Tomorrowland at Disney Florida comes to mind) with Air being rethemed very slightly to fit the theme, perhaps with a storyline of some sort. And for god sake, someone please do something with that Air tunnel  :lol:

The entrance for the new land would be built pretty much directly next to Air's disabled entrance, which could possibly be moved to allow a larger entrance and some food outlets. The Air Shop would remain in the same place but the entrance and queueline for Air should be moved over towards the shop slightly, allowing for a queueline up towards the new ride. The plaza below Air would be transformed into some new shops and food outlets, including some of these Carnival Games which turn up in almost every land.

This new land would also see a better footpath being build up towards it from the FV entrance so that you don't need to walk through mud to get to it.
Blade in Thorpe or chessington? Banana boat? Black buccaneer?
ImURNemesis

Rollermad wrote:
Jevaaaans wrote: If Air's car park were to be used for a new coaster, Forbidden Valley should become two distinct lands.

I woudn't call Banana boat a pirate ship ride.  :lol:
Kenzie2012

ImURNemesis wrote:
Rollermad wrote:

I woudn't call Banana boat a pirate ship ride.  :lol:
It's essentially the same ride, just a bit smaller!?!?!?
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
ImURNemesis

Yeah, I know! That why I wouln't say its the same!  :roll:
Kenzie2012

No, they are the same. Alton don't need to replace flats, they just need to add them.
There is no reason Blade should leave the resort, same as there is no need for Thorpe or Chessington to gain another flat that they already have.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
ImURNemesis

Thats like saying a junior coaster is the same as major coaster.

Both ride are simular yes, but they not the same. Banana boat is a small flat (not a pirate ship) themed to a banana boat with the target ordinance being kids. Blade is a family pirate ship ride themed to a blade. Both very different target ordinances, therefore both very different rides.

But I do agree with you on the point that the park needs more flats.
The Moon

Problem being, most Flats are rather tall or noisy, meaning Alton can never get a big freefall, Disko, Frisbee etc.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
ImURNemesis

The Moon wrote: Problem being, most Flats are rather tall or noisy, meaning Alton can never get a big freefall, Disko, Frisbee etc.
They are loads of flats that are small, quiet of ofter a decent experiance.