The Future of RITA..

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Jack

i could see the first crest being turned into a Zero-G-Roll to make it more thrilling, but its all about money at the end of the day, if they can and don't have trouble with the ropers i think it would be a good chance they will make a change.
Trisnie

vesty21 wrote: They could stick a tunnel over the launch section with lighting inside and theming on the outside to make it fit the area better possibly.
I am perhaps one of the few that enjoy it!
for what it's worth I would put the whole ride in a thick dark tunnel it imagine it if you can't see the turns coming due to it been pitch black! add some scream sound effects (attached to the cars) and re-name it the tunnel escape perhaps put a speaker on the back of some animal chasing the train!
Krazycoaster

They're not going to change RITA. They'll just leave it standing out like a sore thumb. And it'll stay like that for a long time considering it was only opened in 2005; and the general public like it.
Phild94

Would be fantastic for the launch to be trapped in a tunnel of intertwining branches and for certain parts to be covered over with branches

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
clayj

clayj wrote:
...Although they could replace with standard cars (not themed) and build a church like building over the station to make it fit more with the crypt of 13... Have the Large church doors closed over the station exit... doors fly open & train shoots out ? If they wanted to go all out the could change the buildings around the edge to be themed more like a run down ye olde England creepy cottages kinda theme (they might have some of merry old England lying around lol) then throw in a couple of flats to complete the DF & potentially link it in with Hex across the courtyard ? This way it could be themed as the village over shaddowed by the towers & also include Hex in the lineup ??

An idea I've always had would be to extremely heavily over theme a Huss Jump2 to that of a tree, say covered in chains @ the far end of the DF.. Would fit in with Hex in DF

http://www.hussrides.com/giant-rides/jump2.html
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
sully1311

Why on earth would they change it. It must be in the top 3 of most popular rides at Alton Towers. Everyone I know (eg of the GP) who has been to Alton absolutely loves Rita, its just enthusiasts that do not.

No need to change it. It can stay for as long as it can.
altontowers101

I think that it's the queueline that needs updating - it's awful on the occasionally sunny day at AT.
I also think the tunnel idea is a good one...
themealgang

I can see Rita remaining untouched until the day she dies. It would appear that only us enthusiasts criticise Rita. Yes, she still looks ugly and has a ridiculous name, but she's fast and for most people, enjoyable to ride. And with the public still loving it, I can't see why the park would invest money in improving the ride experience when it can be spent elsewhere.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
AniaPotter

I really like Rita but it really brings down the theme of the Dark Forest... The only thing that actually supports the theme is Th13teen :| oh well, this year they refurbished X Sector maybe soon theyll do the same to Dark Forest and maybe even add some flats?  :D
Henry

AniaPotter wrote: I really like Rita but it really brings down the theme of the Dark Forest... The only thing that actually supports the theme is Th13teen :| oh well, this year they refurbished X Sector maybe soon theyll do the same to Dark Forest and maybe even add some flats?  :D
I think that the only reason X-Sector was refurbished was because of The Smiler but we can always hope!!
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
iriderides101

If they ran out of areas for SW8 I'm sure they could redevelop the ride into a much more exciting attraction, perhaps ditch the figure 8 layout and add a more exciting layout with more hills maybe a few inversions. I think this could be a possible and could finally fix the mistake of a last minute addition.

I hope
Henry

Where would the ride go if they made it longer?
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
Dom

maybe they left the name rita because of the girl in the tv adverts for thirteen.. it could be that wraiths got her and the cars of rita is her screaming and its meant to signify an escape from the crypt. there is different ways rita is interpreted. as for the ride itself i think its actually ok. yes it does stick out like a sore thumb and the themeing on it isnt great but its a thrilling coaster if you have never been on it before. ive been on it loads and i think its fun. i personally dont think they should change the ride, just the themeing because its horrible
clayj

Personally, i'd love to see it relocated to another Merlin park which could make it's theme work as lets face it, it would fit on any flat stretch of land.... That would would free up quite allot of space for another ride or rides
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
Heisenberg96

clayj wrote: Personally, i'd love to see it relocated to another Merlin park which could make it's theme work as lets face it, it would fit on any flat stretch of land.... That would would free up quite allot of space for another ride or rides
Chessington I reckon. Much better suited there.
TB2

Heisenberg96 wrote:
clayj wrote: Personally, i'd love to see it relocated to another Merlin park which could make it's theme work as lets face it, it would fit on any flat stretch of land.... That would would free up quite allot of space for another ride or rides
Send a really fast, thrill ride to Chessington... okay then.. Chessington needs something like Manta (Seaworld California) or Lynet in Denmark, not an Intamin launch coaster like Rita.
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

Heisenberg96

TB2 wrote:
Heisenberg96 wrote:
Send a really fast, thrill ride to Chessington... okay then.. Chessington needs something like Manta (Seaworld California) or Lynet in Denmark, not an Intamin launch coaster like Rita.
Why would a really fast thrill ride be a bad thing?
jackgcse

Rita has a long future, it is an incredibly popular attraction, as much as the 'Enthusiasts' generally loath the ride, it generally is a great thrilling ride, many guests of whom compare it to Stealth at Thorpe Park, and many of those claim Rita to be better because it is longer. So for that reason it will have a prosperous future within the Resort, yes it does not fit well with the theme, however it will not stop a multi million pound ride from being enjoyed by thousands!
Themeparksandy1981

I just think it needs themeing better have vines going up the coasters supports.
jamjamz

Themeparksandy1981 wrote: I just think it needs themeing better have vines going up the coasters supports.
Correct me if im wrong but i think, due to health and safety you cant put nothing on the supports of the coaster.