The Future of RITA..

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
BenBowser

But all that stuff about Thirteen taking over Ug Land, is basically an excuse not to change the area other than adding vines.

If you ask me that area was at is best in 2002, when Bone Shaker was there and no Thunder Rock Rally in Ug Land (which was totally bizarre). Basically, although Rita is a good ride, and it pleases the crowds. It takes up too much room and ruins the area theme. My hope is that they remove Rita and replacing it with a Top Scan, new energiser, Breakdance and a family flat ride.

Oh and although this is a little off topic, add a Mack launch in Gloomy Wood that winds through the trees.
Last edited by BenBowser on Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oliverdouglas22

BenBowser wrote: But all that stuff about Thirteen taking over Ug Land, is basically an excuse not to change the area other than adding vines.

If you ask me that area was at is best in 2002, when Bone Shaker was there and no Thunder Rock Rally in Ug Land (which was totally bizarre). Basically, although Rita is a good ride, and it pleases the crowds. It takes up too much room and ruins the area theme. My hope is that they remove Rita and replacing it with a Top Scan, new energiser, Breakdance and a family flat ride.

Oh and although this is a little off topic, add a Mack launch in Gloomy Wood that winds through the trees.
Fantastic idea! yes RITA is an excellent coaster, but it takes up a lot of space for such a short ride! They should build a Blitz Coaster I think it's called like Maverick but slightly different, that would suit the park perfectly!
stealthsmiler

I think Rita is a brill ride and can really fit in. I like the idea they use that Rita is the escape from the dark forest but I think it would be better to have the back story being that the riders are being 'attacked' by the Wraith. Then there could be lightening and smoke and stuff. Rita has never really belonged (being speedway themed in Ugland). Rita could easily be a cheap development for AT to do in a medium development year. The idea of roots around Rita's supports to make it fit in more but they should get smaller the further away for 13 the supports get so it looks like the dark forest is taking over Rita slowly. A tunnel could then be added which is branches that look like the branches are wrapping round the track and grabbing it.

Also AT could do what thorpe did with the swarm and make the back two carriages backwards. If they did this and made the whole train backwards the story could be that the riders are being pulled into the trap that is the dark forest. This would work as Rita is near the entrance to Dark Forest where you can see 'civilization' before turning the corner and being deep the the forest.

TDF could deffo work with a bit more theming and back story
BenBowser

I'm pretty sure that its unsafe to run a launch coaster backwards. For forward rides, you get forced into your seat during the launch. However, if it were backward, your shoulders would be forced in to the harness, a much smaller point of pressure, injuring riders. Also, the Gs would wouldnt be as good.
stealthsmiler

good points there. Didnt think of that. they could still have the same back story i suppose and keep it running forward.
Danny

I know that Th13teen is no where near as fast but I love the backwards launch on it, also the backwards section on expedition everest is quite fast so I suppose it could be possible if it was a lap bar ride, obviously not as intense a launch as Rita or stealth though
Jack

BenBowser wrote: I'm pretty sure that its unsafe to run a launch coaster backwards. For forward rides, you get forced into your seat during the launch. However, if it were backward, your shoulders would be forced in to the harness, a much smaller point of pressure, injuring riders. Also, the Gs would wouldnt be as good.
- I'm sure it's completely safe :)
stealthsmiler

jackandylan123 wrote: - I'm sure it's completely safe :)
Then AT should deffo do that, with the whole back story of being dragged into TDF "against your will". Rita would fit in perfectly then
Last edited by stealthsmiler on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lf2001

I think Rita is a good ride, but I think it'll be the first big coaster to go. It breaks down a lot, almost every visit I've been, I've walked past/through Ug Land or the Dark Forest, and Rita is broken down. They could improve the ride, especially the queue.

So I think it'll go and be replaced by another launching coatser within the next ten years. Thats what I would like anyway.. Unless they improve it!
BenBowser

jackandylan123 wrote:
BenBowser wrote: I'm pretty sure that its unsafe to run a launch coaster backwards. For forward rides, you get forced into your seat during the launch. However, if it were backward, your shoulders would be forced in to the harness, a much smaller point of pressure, injuring riders. Also, the Gs would wouldnt be as good.
- I'm sure it's completely safe :)
Yeah but that doesn't accelerate at the same speed of Rita so you get more time to adjust. Also, it's six flags, they're not the safest company in the world.
Last edited by BenBowser on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NickiFan

Not going to lie, I love Rita.

Ok, it is a little rough and maybe it doesn't 'fit' in but then look at some of Thorpe Parks rides.. Rita looks more fitting than lets say, Samurai or Nemesis Inferno. Rita would be awesome with lap bars and that would reduce the roughness but I doubt that is going to happen. I can see it staying for a while though as it isn't even 10 years old yet.
Themeparksandy1981

I did some research on SW8 and I found out that Alton Towers have got a temporary application for Rita and Sonic Spinball which they just renew if no complains. It would explain why it's not on this web site: http://towersplans.org/applications
Rollermad

I doubt it will go backwards but it would be cool if it did, as BenBowser said it launches faster for amount of track than the Superman ride. I think it should go as how ever much theming the ride just doesn't fit..
Cobby

I could be wrong on this but im sure rita was not meant to be there but because they made the launch track for stealth to long and or they changed the original plans for stealth so they moved the extra parts to alton. Stealth was originally designed sort of the same as xcelerator at knotts berry farm. Dont believe me heres a picture. Again I dont know for definite I might be wrong.

LDN1

Cobby wrote:I could be wrong on this but im sure rita was not meant to be there but because they made the launch track for stealth to long and or they changed the original plans for stealth so they moved the extra parts to alton. Stealth was originally designed sort of the same as xcelerator at knotts berry farm. Dont believe me heres a picture. Again I dont know for definite I might be wrong.

Stealth = 2006
RITA = 2005.

Very, very wrong.
Cobby

LDN1 wrote:
Cobby wrote:I could be wrong on this but im sure rita was not meant to be there but because they made the launch track for stealth to long and or they changed the original plans for stealth so they moved the extra parts to alton. Stealth was originally designed sort of the same as xcelerator at knotts berry farm. Dont believe me heres a picture. Again I dont know for definite I might be wrong.

Stealth = 2006
RITA = 2005.

Very, very wrong.

Sorry about that it must of been a rumour that I heard. I do apologise.
LDN1

Cobby wrote:
LDN1 wrote:

Stealth = 2006
RITA = 2005.

Very, very wrong.

Sorry about that it must of been a rumour that I heard. I do apologise.
No need for apologies, would be a very funny and cool story if it were true though
Cobby

Yeah it would be a fun story wouldnt it.

Anyway back on topic.
scw55

I like the niche of RITA; a Thrill Ride that doesn't invert and lacks a violently steep drop or a free-fall section.
I just dislike how out of place it is.
-
Might be easier to replace it with a new ride that has the same attributes but is considerate to the area it's situated.

You know how in RCT in a Campaign Park you'd have A nice Theme Park, and then you research a new Roller Coaster type that really excites you? You're so desperate to build it, you plonk it down anyway without much though and you build a layout with it. Rita feels like a RCT Coaster Building desition.
DeanGaryCox

If it could have new trains with a lower height restriction its the sort of ride I could see being moved to Chessington...

Although I do enjoy Rita, just a shame it lacks and inversion, as well as some decent themeing since the area became dark forest, as it looked alright in ug land.