Alton Towers Resort Future Discussion

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Burniel

To what? You can't go from Nintendo back to CCL
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
pillsburyb

Anything, that area has been rethemed a number of times.

Land of make believe, cred street and now CCL. None of the rides are themed for that area. Apart from twirling toad stool, but that used to be the ug swinger.

The theatre has been rethemed numerous times to suit the resident act, Barney, tweenies, Bob the builder, ATTV, Ice age.

I think Mario theme would work well or even Candy crush saga land.

But I really think AT need to relocate the pre-school attractions so that they are grouped together, specifically for Pirate and christmas weekenders in winter season.

We visited the park at xmas but it was Mutiny bay and CCL that was open.

We had a couple of go's on the tea cups (I refuse to accept the barrels, they are still tea cups if I shut my eyes), a walk round shark bait reef then a trek unto CCL.

If the contents of CCL was moved to the north side of the park then it would work really well in the winter season.
Themeparksandy1981

Looking back to photos from before 1993 when I first visited. I feel that the theme Talbot Street suited the area best. The best rethemed area has been X Sector, the rest just look the same but with a lick of paint and basic themed items added.
Last edited by Themeparksandy1981 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Danny

Take off the hotels, golf, spa and waterpark and have that as a separate map. Make it more accurate as in the way a ride looks and pathways. It looks an absolute state and has done for a good few years now.
Last edited by Danny on Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamie321

I think they will take down and rebuild The Flume but we will have to see
Last edited by jamie321 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
altontowerscrazy

2015 - Improvements around the park. What I'd definitely like to see here is all the effects fixed on Duel. The Flume is removed and construction begins on SW8.

2016 - SW8 opens in The Flumes old site.

2017 - Submission and Enterprise removed and replaced with two new flats. And a new flat opens in the Dark Forest.

2018 - A possible third hotel opens, or that log cabin thing they we're on about ages ago would be a good idea.

2019 - Spinball and Adventure Land replaced by a new land, with a family coaster and new family attractions.
stealthsmiler

I think Alton Towers should just use The Smiler and CBeebies Land as their advertisement and focus on revamping the place so that when people do visit, their experience is amazing so they will return and are more likely to stay over and visit 2 days in a row (which AT has said they are aiming to increase). I deffo think Air needs some theming, just so it looks like it belongs in FV. The Dark Forest is a bit of a let down (ride-wise and theming). The could spend a bit really improving the area to be super themed up. Also to tackle the lack of rides, rather than remove other flats, eg Blade and Ripsaw, they could relocate them to Dark Forest. I love CCL and don't think it should be replaced by Ice Age, but they could make it look like there's snow on all the roofs. Adventure Land needed theming ASAP as it barely looks like an area, just Sonic dumped along the way to Oblivion. SEGA Land would be really cool and perfect to introduce a new ride (Flat!!!) Oblivion should have the TV ads that it showed when it first opened played again.

It needs to be done in this order - Oblivion's TV ad (as its practically free but helps set up the tension and anticipation SO much), Adventure Land, Dark Forest, Air, Snow on CCL roofs.

I also think that Nemesis Sub-Terra should be turned into the entrance to Nemesis, making Nemesis have amazing theming. As riders are sent in batches, those who don't want to go in the drop part could have a skip option where they can wait for those who have dropped before the whole batch is sent down the queue line (which could be enclosed like the queue line just before boarding Oblivion is) and onto Nemesis. There could also be an exit so that riders don't have to go on to Nemesis. This could also be an advertising point and could be renamed slightly (like "The Nemesis") The story could go Nemesis arrived (explanation for the coaster) had babies (explanation for Sub-Terra) now can you face the offspring (which has grown up into the coaster) so in effect riders follow the story of the "new" Nemesis' life.
Last edited by stealthsmiler on Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oblivion guy

2014-Cbeebies Land
2015- Two flats,one in x sector and one in Dark Forest
2016- Construction starts on new wing rider coaster in Air carpark
2017- New coaster opens to the public
2018- Simple Refurbishments and removal of sonic spinball and RMT
2019- New family coasters in the place of spin ball and RMT
Danny

Oblivion guy wrote:2014-Cbeebies Land
2015- Two flats,one in x sector and one in Dark Forest
2016- Construction starts on new wing rider coaster in Air carpark
2017- New coaster opens to the public
2018- Simple Refurbishments and removal of sonic spinball and RMT
2019- New family coasters in the place of spin ball and RMT
I like this except one thing. They wouldn't put a wing rider in the air car park, there's too many B&M's that offer a similar feeling close by. Also B&M's take up a lot of room for a fairly average track layout and they wouldn't want to loose too much of the car park as in the summer it can get very full.
Alton13Nemesis

Belive me, we will NOT see SW8 on the flume site, i hear a certain ride is planned there instead, earmarked for between 2016-18, water ride. SW8 is to be located in Forbidden Valley.
Burniel

Alton13Nemesis wrote:Belive me, we will NOT see SW8 on the flume site, i hear a certain ride is planned there instead, earmarked for between 2016-18, water ride. SW8 is to be located in Forbidden Valley.
How do you know all this?
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Alex

Dan.B wrote:
Alton13Nemesis wrote:Belive me, we will NOT see SW8 on the flume site, i hear a certain ride is planned there instead, earmarked for between 2016-18, water ride. SW8 is to be located in Forbidden Valley.
How do you know all this?
When you spell believe wrong I think you lose quite a bit of credibility, in addition he is 16 so I'd take it with a pinch of salt.
NemesisRider

I have heard something similar about the Flume, I heard it would be replaced by a bigger water ride.

I think the dates seem a little unlikely though. Even if The Flume goes at the end of this season, they won't have it replaced by 2016, especially because SW8 is speculated to arrive in that year (because of the pushed back plans).

I don't think you can really say "SW8 will be in FV" so surely. True, a car park expansion is speculated/likely, but there is a good chance the coaster could be in KC.
Alton13Nemesis

I was on mobile, hence the "believe" misspelling. Don't be so pedantic.
Sr88

I would just like to say that somebody's age doesn't mean they cannot obtain strong information and facts from other people / places.
sw7nutter

As ive said in other topics 2016 is highly unlikely. Merlin now having share holders is taking a lot less risks so to risk alton and thorpe having high investment years at the same time would be a near impossiblity. Its more likely to be 2017 depending on cwoa.
Alton13Nemesis

I'm not saying sw8 is on the flume site, I'm saying a family water ride may well be!

And as for saying sw8 is in forbidden valley, I have no idea, I'm simply hoping it will be.
NemesisRider

I know that there are meant to be 2 SW projects in the 2015-2019 period.

By the way, the source of this is LTDP.
Alton13Nemesis

I hope one SW is a large scale roller coaster, the other is a dark ride. I hope*
Liam-AltonTowers

One of things I'd like to see happen the most is for the Dark Forest to have at least one flat ride added and for Rita to have its current theming removed and an entire new backstory put into place so it suits the actual 'dark forest' theme better.

Also if they did add a flat ride in the Dark Forest, any ideas on what it should be?