Alton Towers Resort Future Discussion

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Hari

Liam-AltonTowers wrote:
Hari wrote: -Remove Ripsaw and Blade to make room for SW8.
-Flume to be replaced with a Pirate themed AquaTrax :)
I agree they should remove The Blade but not Ripsaw, it's one of the leading flat rides, all it needs is refurbishing.

Plus SW8 in my opinion should be built either behind Air or on the site of The Flume so it goes over the lake at interwinds in the forest.
Actually, I agree, but in my idea i mention SW8 was going to be in Ripsaw and Blade's place, It would probably not matter if a SW would be built there :)
NR
ryanlovesaltontowers

Personally, I would love to see the areas of Adventureland and Old MacDonalds Farm turned into something similar to Phantasialand's Fantasy/Wuze Town area.

It fits in perfectly with Alton Towers, the existing rides would fit in well and the opportunity to unite the two areas would be easy.

It reminds me a lot of the cancelled hotel lodge things Alton were planning.
stu1980

Do you really know what I'd like to see.

A whole new area that's all just a whole new area. Something the UK has never seen before something new and fresh  something that will bring the UK themeparks who don't invest down to their knees. Something the good old Alton way that will wipe the smiles off our faces and have us standing there going "OMG THAT LOOKS FAB AND FEELS FAB"

And that's what the new land needs. They broke everything with The Smiler. So why not carry that on and invest again. They need to invest to make money and I would welcome any investment in the park anywhere should it all be about Merlin and Alton looking to protect our park one of the UK's if not the UK's best themepark's. I welcome any investment and if whats being said on the grapevine 2014 will shock everyone. I hear from top people we are going back to the good old days. Watch this space.
Last edited by stu1980 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!
Zach

I don't mean to sound rude but Stu if you're not going to share this information that's being said on the "grapevine" and aren't going to expand on what you mean by going back to the good old days...don't tease us like that its just not what I feel this forum is about, we come on here to share information and discuss not tease and basically say "haha I know something you don't"
Last edited by Zach on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James

I've heard the same rumours too (on the 'grape vine', if you like). In terms of 'the good old days' I think 2014 is anticipated to be on the level of the original Storybook Land, the way the Farmyard used to be and even the way Toyland Tours was once upon a time.

Although saying that I would still remain optimistic at this point. While (I would assume) the concepts for 2014 look brilliant - concepts never appear as good in reality and in some cases appear nothing like the real thing. I'm sure time will tell though when Alton Towers begin to start constructing the 2014 project.
Zach

So James where are these concepts ?
James

I did say "I would assume". ;) I have seen no concepts. I would guess they are currently locked up inside a set of office draws at Alton Towers!
stu1980

James wrote: I've heard the same rumours too (on the 'grape vine', if you like). In terms of 'the good old days' I think 2014 is anticipated to be on the level of the original Storybook Land, the way the Farmyard used to be and even the way Toyland Tours was once upon a time.

Although saying that I would still remain optimistic at this point. While (I would assume) the concepts for 2014 look brilliant - concepts never appear as good in reality and in some cases appear nothing like the real thing. I'm sure time will tell though when Alton Towers begin to start constructing the 2014 project.
We are saying if you read back in this topic just what everyone has been saying. So shoot me down if you wish but dont forget the other 40 odd who have said the same thing. This is a forum for words that are so to say On the grapevine - news and chat etc. thats all we are doing passing on news etc.
James

Eh? I've done no 'shooting down'. Merely sharing my views/things I've heard.  :roll:
Lee

I agree, there's been no 'shooting down.'

Back on topic ;)
stu1980

James wrote: Eh? I've done no 'shooting down'. Merely sharing my views/things I've heard.  :roll:
Sorry wrong person lol I meant the other person.
Last edited by stu1980 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CPATH10

mrbrightside wrote:
ATJoseph wrote: No it ends in 2013, im sure it does this is Sonic Spinballs last year with the SEGA deal. im 100% on this.
So next year I heard about it being re-named Sonic-Screwball?? or was that a mistake??
If the SEGA deal ran out this year why would the ride still be called Sonic? It would surely just revert back to Spinball Whizzer?
The contract with SEGA ends at the end of this season, and it was highlighted for development/ relocation between 2010 and 2019, so it will be moved by 2019. I reckon it will be completely overhauled and moved. They could then merge Adventure Land and Storybook Land into a large family themed area, breathing life back into that area which really hasn't had many rides since Kiddies Kingdom was split up into Adventure Land and Storybook Land back in 1995-1997.
Zach

I believe he was speaking of me and no I was not shooting down either :S I believe we may either see sonic rethemed to meet this new IP in we've seen plans of or new sponsorship at the end of this season not a continuing of the sonic theme, but not moved this season no way, but I could be wrong
CPATH10

ATfanatic wrote: I believe he was speaking of me and no I was not shooting down either :S I believe we may either see sonic rethemed to meet this new IP in we've seen plans of or new sponsorship at the end of this season not a continuing of the sonic theme, but not moved this season no way, but I could be wrong
This seems easy enough for them to do with short notice.
Benji

With the development of the farmyard happening next year, I think we could see in 2015 a flat in dark forest (possibly ripsaw or a new flat?) and some new shows or a parade. Also next year I hope they decide to extend opening hours in peak times

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!
CPATH10

Benji wrote: With the development of the farmyard happening next year, I think we could see in 2015 a flat in dark forest (possibly ripsaw or a new flat?) and some new shows or a parade. Also next year I hope they decide to extend opening hours in peak times
Your idea's seem realistic, but the development of Old MacDonald's Farmyard is going to be fairly cheap as developments come, I reckon maybe £5 million MAX. So we could possibly see development alongside that for another area or two in the park. Also I think they could also afford a new flat ride, the best destination would be the Dark Forrest, as they don't have a flat ride, something that fits in with the 1.4M height restriction's, so it categorises some area's better. For example, Dark Forrest from 1.4M+ and Adventure Land, for 0.9M-1.3M+. By the way, I don't work at Alton Towers, but do considerable research, so whatever I say is a educated estimate based on research!
RCandrew

CPATH10 wrote:
Benji wrote: With the development of the farmyard happening next year, I think we could see in 2015 a flat in dark forest (possibly ripsaw or a new flat?) and some new shows or a parade. Also next year I hope they decide to extend opening hours in peak times
Your idea's seem realistic, but the development of Old MacDonald's Farmyard is going to be fairly cheap as developments come, I reckon maybe £5 million MAX. So we could possibly see development alongside that for another area or two in the park. Also I think they could also afford a new flat ride, the best destination would be the Dark Forrest, as they don't have a flat ride, something that fits in with the 1.4M height restriction's, so it categorises some area's better. For example, Dark Forrest from 1.4M+ and Adventure Land, for 0.9M-1.3M+. By the way, I don't work at Alton Towers, but do considerable research, so whatever I say is a educated estimate based on research!
But thirteen in Darkrorest has a 1.19 height restriction?? :)
bensaund

Another thing you have not thought of is that the Beastie was removed and they could well be bringing in a replacement junior coaster to cater for the younger guests...

Now with planning permission if they remove one flat ride with another flat ride which is roughtly the same size would this require planning permission or do they have retrospective permission for a ride of a certain size on that site?
If you go down to the woods today
CPATH10

RCandrew wrote:
CPATH10 wrote:
But thirteen in Darkrorest has a 1.19 height restriction?? :)
Ooooops. Sorry!
SPAD

you see i've always liked the idea of having a wizarding world in the UK and Alton Towers would be the perfect setting for this!!!!!
SMILE - ALWAYS!