Secret Weapons - the end

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.

When do you think the Sw's will end ??

Poll runs till Tue Jul 07, 2054 9:16 pm

Sw7
8%
Sw8
11%
Sw10
11%
Sw13
1%
They will stay forever - until park closes for good :( hopefully never going to happen.
62%
Sw11
No votes
Sw9
3%
Sw12
4%

Total votes: 74
LukeJ

Thanks for clearing that up :D
Rollermad

Sw2463863 etc Or ...
Sw256358730943783353278933784347742277226732 - it may be in a few years time though
SpinballEdders

Rollermad wrote: Sw2463863 etc Or ...
Sw256358730943783353278933784347742277226732 - it may be in a few years time though
Well given that Secret Weapons come every 3 or 4 years:

Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

SpinballEdders wrote:
Rollermad wrote: Sw2463863 etc Or ...
Well given that Secret Weapons come every 3 or 4 years:

You never know, AT might for some reason skip to SW100 someday for some marketing trick.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
SpinballEdders

I wouldn't be surprised if that happened Stelios

:P
James

Back on topic please guys. :)
SpinballEdders

At James's Request^^

Yeah I don't think Alton would stop building coasters if the SW name gets a bit to bug (SW84), instead they will just build their coasters with no codenames, like they did with Rita and Spinball

:)
mrbrightside

Having SW as a codename for everything 'big' is much better than individual code names for each ride. Particularly as it allows us and the GP to know something important is coming.

The reason Rita and Spinball didn't get graced with the SW name? They weren't special enough...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImage
LukeJ

mrbrightside wrote: Having SW as a codename for everything 'big' is much better than individual code names for each ride. Particularly as it allows us and the GP to know something important is coming.
But does it ..?
I have asked quite a few of my friends if they know what a 'Secret Weapon' is and they had absolutely no idea and they visit theme parks quite a lot.
Blaze

They never really promoted rides as Secret Weapons until Thirteen. Before then it was pretty much just us know knew about it. Thirteen was the first to use it in all it's PR I think, or at least to the degree they did.
CoasterCrazyChris

Blaze wrote: They never really promoted rides as Secret Weapons until Thirteen. Before then it was pretty much just us know knew about it. Thirteen was the first to use it in all it's PR I think, or at least to the degree they did.
Oblivion was heavily promoted as a "The Secret Weapon".

Everyone, including the public referred to it as sw4 until a few weeks before the ride opened when the name was released.

Promoting Th13teen as a Secret Weapon is basically what killed the codename. What on earth does an ancient crypt have to do with secret weapons?
Blaze

What does Nemesis have to do with a 'secret weapon'? It only had that name because it is on the same spot SW1 and SW2 were going to be.

And Air was neither secret nor have anything to do with a weapon. It's the least threatening of all the themes.
SpinballEdders

Blaze wrote: What does Nemesis have to do with a 'secret weapon'?
Nemmy (along with SW1 and SW2) had the secret happen codename because it was going to be military themed ( I think that anyway) but instead went for the Alien Invasion.
Blaze

Um, that's exactly what I said in my post?
SpinballEdders

Blaze wrote: Um, that's exactly what I said in my post?
No you didn't say that, you asked what Nemmy had to do with a "Secret Weapon" And I said that it was originally gonna be a military themed ride. You didn't mention that at all

:|
Blaze

Blaze wrote: ... on the same spot SW1 and SW2 were going to be.
Jesus...

SW1 was themed as a secret weapon. SW2 was a revised version. Nemesis was on the site so still got the codename. Didn't think I needed to explain that considering we all know it. :)
CoasterCrazyChris

Blaze wrote: What does Nemesis have to do with a 'secret weapon'? It only had that name because it is on the same spot SW1 and SW2 were going to be.

And Air was neither secret nor have anything to do with a weapon. It's the least threatening of all the themes.
Nemesis was never promoted as a secret weapon.

Only the management referred to it as SW3.

But even if it had been, it would have worked because the ride has a military post-apocalyptic theme.

It was less effective with Air, but it still worked given the rides shiny futuristic theme.

:)
Nightfall

Can't we all just except Thirteen was a SW. It's not a matter that's up for debate. The park decided they wanted something special so they code named it SW6. So what if it didn't turn out like the other SW's, that doesn't matter as at the point it was given the name it didn't have a concept or a theme. That's just how they like to label there special projects. Even when they started SW4 they probably didn't realise it would turn into Oblivion. If the story's are true SW4 was originally going to be the first flying coaster until they realised it wouldn't be complete in time and came up with a new concept.
[align=center]Image[/align]
Rollermad

5alive nightfall I think. I still think 13 should of been sw5 as there wasn't one. Maybe no sw10, 15, 20 etc??? Also I still like air and it often has a big queue meaning its popular and also the 2 stations. I often find it has the 2nd or 3rd biggest queue - sonic and 13
Although sonic only on school holiday and saturday
SpinballEdders

Rollermad wrote: I still think 13 should of been sw5 as there wasn't one.

There's a reason why TH13TEEN was called SW6, because there was an SW5, common sense applies here ;)
Last edited by SpinballEdders on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.