Ug Land: After Rita - Queen Of Speed

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Cjw

To be honest-I think a 5D cinema is a bad idea

Simply because the fact that it uses actors.If one of the actors goes ill/isnt availible...thats a closed ride/lost effect.I would much rather prefer a 4d.
Phil

[quote=""Ron_Mc_Don""]How long would it take to build a woody to go from ug land to FV ?[/quote]

Max. of 2 years. Building a coaster in a valley causes one major problem: access.

I don't think we'll see a woodie for a while until this '10 year investment plan' has been applied for. We definately won't see a woodie before 2006.

In 2005 things will start changing in cred street, then 2006... BOOM! Then 2007 will launch phase 2!
madmanwill

[quote=""cjw""]To be honest-I think a 5D cinema is a bad idea

Simply because the fact that it uses actors.If one of the actors goes ill/isnt availible...thats a closed ride/lost effect.I would much rather prefer a 4d.[/quote]

surely they would have back ups elsewhere
smeg_head

All productions have an understudy - Webmaster had reserves incase the star fell ill. There would be two or three actors trained in the main parts.
Anonymous

Guys, excuse me but hasn't Ug Land sort of been torn apart? I reckon that instead of fixing the BIG holes they've built and putting Ug Land theming back into place they should just put new theming in. If AT are cost cutting surely it'll save them the money required to put the Ug Land theming back into place by just skipping straight to the new theming. That way R.I.T.A. would stick in with the area if it does turn out to be this Racecar, Superbike sort of theme.
smeg_head

[quote=""Bantamboy""]Guys, excuse me but hasn't Ug Land sort of been torn apart? I reckon that instead of fixing the BIG holes they've built and putting Ug Land theming back into place they should just put new theming in.[/quote]

There's rumours that these big holes you talk about are going to filled with a little ride, I think it's called Project: Rita or something like that ;)

[quote=""Bantamboy""]If AT are cost cutting surely it'll save them the money required to put the Ug Land theming back into place by just skipping straight to the new theming. That way R.I.T.A. would stick in with the area if it does turn out to be this Racecar, Superbike sort of theme.[/quote]

Yeah cos designing, buying and constructing a whole load of new themeing is *a lot* cheaper than simply putting back the theming you already own! :?

Sorry for the sarcasm but your post did make me chuckle
Anonymous

When I said it would be cheaper to put in new themeing than put Ug theming back in I meant that it would be cheaper putting it in now because you'll be spending money on Ug theming knowing its only gonna be taken down later for the new theming. In the short term it'll be cheaper to put the Ug Land theming in but for the long run its cheaper to just put the new theming in now.
x is cheaper than x + y.
smeg_head

[quote=""Bantamboy""]When I said it would be cheaper to put in new themeing than put Ug theming back in I meant that it would be cheaper putting it in now because you'll be spending money on Ug theming knowing its only gonna be taken down later for the new theming. In the short term it'll be cheaper to put the Ug Land theming in but for the long run its cheaper to just put the new theming in now.
x is cheaper than x + y.[/quote]

But no one, AT or otherwise has said that Ugland is to be rethemed now or in the future. If it's staying as Ugland then they'll just reuse all the old props - which is probably what's happening as it is all in storage. Why do you assume a retheme will be needed in the future? Do you have some inside info?
a.ndy

AT would Not Advertise a new attraction with this racing theme and then on opening Its Not a Racing themed ride! That would confuse the GP a bit don’t you think! People would be coming back to ride this new "cool" racing style ride, they get their and its not there :x :? A little odd they may think
So No, I really don’t think they would be stupid enough to do this!

And I can’t really see them moving this theming anywhere else for next season either, maybe in store for another year?

I think this is a very valid point anyway
:D
duncs

Before the ride is open, there will be adverts on TV. No one will go to AT expecting a ride theme that doesn't exist.
a.ndy

Whats with the whole "Come and Ride Rita in 2005!" then? This is all over the park for the GP already! Infact many people (GP) have already said (over heard) that "this new racing kinda ride looks good!" (guess they were going on the stats). I really don't quite understand why people are questioning why this Wont be a racing themed ride! If anyone could answer me, please do :D
Anonymous

Im sticking with my guns and saying it will be some sort of racing theme. Might aswell face it, ug land has gone.
a.ndy

[quote=""Liam""]Im sticking with my guns and saying it will be some sort of racing theme. Might aswell face it, ug land has gone.[/quote]Yep, me too

I really don't see any other evidence that UgLand will be the same again after RITA. And as for the theme of RITA not been 'Racing', i'm sorry, but peeps who still think its not, i really don't know where your looking :wink:

At least corky is here for a little longer at least :)
a.ndy

And that help...? :roll: :lol:
Anonymous

i just thought, how could this ride be racing girl themed ? think about it, it says check out this babe in 2005 and phwoaaaaaaar is what some people say when they see a fit girl.
a.ndy

All the features are included within the adverts though: flag, speed blur over ad & leather racing suit with the badges. AT would not market this if the ride in question was not in some way linked to this theme. :D
Anonymous

Corky getting a re-theme ? i doubt it, lol.
a.ndy

Maybe a re-theme to a scrap of metal :wink: but that about all
Ron_Mc_Don

I would like to see corky get some work done on the wheels. That will make it alot better to ride.
Brainiac

but will they retheme ugland or keep it as it is? i really want corky to be smoother and a lick of paint or something to it. ive always like that ride but always walk off with a headache. now i now why they tell u to put your head back on your seats. should be as smooth as nemesis but i suppose its been going for like 15 years or something like that