Ug Land: After Rita - Queen Of Speed

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Anonymous

[quote=""Ade""]Do you all remember those booster bike plans? Well as it's been said elsewhere on the forum that area of the park (gloomy) is classed as the gardens and is not covered by the general development order! So to build such a ride there would be more difficulte than first meets the eye!

So maybe the booster bikes will be in another area of the park! An area of the park rumored to receive 2 coaster! Just an idea![/quote]

Dont know if I have mentioned before but .....

That guy from FV that i spoke to on the Naked Rollercoaster Record Attempt (yes im still gloating but not as much that Im a world record breaker :D :D :D :P :P :P :P ) but he did say when I mentioned the booaster bikes in GW he said which one? Maybe this could be a clue or maybe it could be deception? Who knows?
RCTFAN

You cant ahve a 150ft rocket coaster in UG lang! even the woodie could only manage a 200ft+ drop by going into the valley! but yeh would be nice LOL :o

For my graphics deisng project last year i designed a roller coaster for Alton Tower....guess where i put it! Where the corkscrew is lol but the point is it used a launch up a hill (using friction wheels) to give the initial speed instead of the drop. Filling the track with sand also helped reduce the sound ( it was a B&M) i will try and get a pic up of the layout.

It had 5 inversions: Vertical loop over lift hill, Inline twist over lift hill, Interlocking corkscrews and my inversion....an INCLINE twist (an incline twist whislt travelling upwards)

Anyway the point im making is that it might not necessarily be a figure of eight layout, weven if it doesnt have inversions
Anonymous

If you were to dig a pit or lower the land you migth just be able to get away with it. Look at Nemesis, originally that was going to be above land, the final design had to be put below ground level to make it fit. Whats stopping this new coaster having the same treatment? Lowering the land and placing something below ground level might even cut of some of the noise levels. Just my thoughts.
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

a little of topic but is the corkscrew still open or is it closed and still in working iorder or what is happening now that 'Ug land is closed for the rest of the year@' :?: :?:

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

scargill

The C/S is closed because the queue line goes through where the works are.
They're hoping to have the Corkscrew open within the next 2 weeks by moving the queueline to go around the other side of the corkscrew and start somewhere near the entrance to Ugland
Phil

[quote=""kylies_kitty""]If you were to dig a pit or lower the land you migth just be able to get away with it. Look at Nemesis, originally that was going to be above land, the final design had to be put below ground level to make it fit. Whats stopping this new coaster having the same treatment? Lowering the land and placing something below ground level might even cut of some of the noise levels. Just my thoughts.[/quote]

Yes, but it would be rather boring. 'We can't build high coasters so we'll have to bury them' Sounds a bit un-original to me. AT will need to find alternate ways to build these high coasters, not just have them buried, as it'll get rather boring.
The C/S is closed because the queue line goes through where the works are.
They're hoping to have the Corkscrew open within the next 2 weeks by moving the queueline to go around the other side of the corkscrew and start somewhere near the entrance to Ugland
The entrance to ug-land is also in the demolition zone. The new Q will go in between the sky-ride station and the McDonalds (near the staff path)
spark

Well according to At.com UGland is not closed until next season
Crofty

from Altontowers.com

Due to the exciting redevelopment for 2005 UG Land will be closed for the rest of the season. We apologise for any disappointment this may cause.

:D :D
scargill

"The entrance to ug-land is also in the demolition zone. The new Q will go in between the sky-ride station and the McDonalds (near the staff path)" - I think this is just about garenteed....we've heard it from so many sources now.

But on the other hand, can you call the corkscrew UgLand, because EVERYTHING else in Ugland is gone
Anonymous

[quote=""Phil""][quote=""kylies_kitty""]If you were to dig a pit or lower the land you migth just be able to get away with it. Look at Nemesis, originally that was going to be above land, the final design had to be put below ground level to make it fit. Whats stopping this new coaster having the same treatment? Lowering the land and placing something below ground level might even cut of some of the noise levels. Just my thoughts.[/quote]

Yes, but it would be rather boring. 'We can't build high coasters so we'll have to bury them' Sounds a bit un-original to me. AT will need to find alternate ways to build these high coasters, not just have them buried, as it'll get rather boring. [/quote]

Arnt the regs for building at AT getting changed or relaxed soon anyway.......
Anonymous

Ok stab in the dark here, but wouldnt it be great if for just one year Alton got Eclipse to have something from the past come back... just a thought.
Adz
Admin
Admin

OH! And Eclipse is not going to Chessington.
Yup as i found out today, its not financialy viable. meaning it won't be going to Alton Towers either. Fabbri are buying the ride back from Thorpe is the latest. would make sense seeing as they are to my knowledge coming over to england to sort out a few problems with Thorpes other two Fabbri rides.
lilg2004

I've never been to Chessington. Someone tell me,is it any good? We were considering taking a trip there in October but we want to know if its more family orientated . That's what ive herd of it
Adz
Admin
Admin

I've never been to Chessington. Someone tell me,is it any good? We were considering taking a trip there in October but we want to know if its more family orientated . That's what ive herd of it
its very good. yes its more family orientated. but that doesnt make it any worse. infact it made it better when i last went.
lilg2004

Cool! Well that's good news.
It's a shame they moved Samurai because it was probably a good ride.Thorpe has it now which is kind of appropriate since they are extreme rides and chessington is based for every age.

Was this the reason why it was moved ?
It hasn't travelled far anyway lol.
Adz
Admin
Admin

Was this the reason why it was moved ?
yes that is the reason. but for some reason Thorpe Park tamed it down. oh the fantastic days when Chris Bailey used to operate it on manual at chessington. Thorpe Park wouldnt know how to program it if the instruction booklet slapped them in the face.
Anonymous

If the skyride is open for the fireworks does anyone fancy a trip over Ugland to get some overhead shots? I think it would be wise to try and get some shots over Ugland or maybe hire a light aircraft/microlite to fly over Alton to get some new areial shots of the place. the clues for Ugland and this development hide within the fances errected. Just need to get within the bundries of that to see whats going on. Anyone fancy doing it?
Ron_Mc_Don

Ill come and get some pics from the Sky ride.
Anonymous

Something that I have been thinking about in relation to Ugland. Just my thoughts on what it may look like.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/ ... oklike.jpg

Blue Line: Current area for Ugland
Yellow Line: Where flat lines might be put after redevelopment
Purple line: Where food stalls might be?
Red line: Where we were told last weekend the route of the Launched coaster is going.
Light Blue: the area that most of the soil/earth was being removed from last saturday.

Could we see an increase in the size of Ugland as we know it?
Whats your thoughts?
Anonymous

[quote=""Ade""]
Could we see an increase in the size of Ugland as we know it?
YUP! Like I said Ug Land is spreading to the left[/quote]

Just like you dress to the left.