Ug Land: After Rita - Queen Of Speed

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Phil

[quote=""geo""]A floorless would be cool, but id love it to be the rumoured BM:4D

I just think that would be kinda special, diving round ugland, maybe down the back of the valley..would just be awesome =P~[/quote]

Yup, would be amazing! We all know AT like their world first's, and B&M like to build there world's first at AT, hmmmm....
Anonymous

[quote=""Phil""][quote=""dstone_uk""]i sitll think they are to tight to give us 3 cisters in 2 years, but i still aren't convinsed that this isn't a old SW which has bean re-modled have a look at coster force this sounds amazing like SW1, with differnt theming ETC[/quote]

The palns were scrapped, fully and completly! What's this from coasterforce? I wouldn't be sure that everything they say is true btw, cos' it aint.[/quote]

We're all well aware that the plans for SW1/SW2 were scrapped (it's not escaped people's attention that Nemesis has stood on that spot for 11years).

However, Intamin do these;

http://www.intaminworldwide.com/fenster ... oaster.htm

Which is a similar idea to arrow's pipeline coaster and therefore, it's a perfectly valid idea to speculate about.

The Woodie plan was also scrapped - that doesn't mean that we'll never see a woodie at Alton Towers.

And Coasterforce has just as much truth and unbelievable rumour as any other theme-park website out there.
Phil

That intamin spiral coaster is not launched. We need to be working of facts here. Any coaster which is not launched will not be built, simple. So SW1 and SW2 are out of the question.
Phil

[quote=""Shockadelica""]The Woodie plan was also scrapped - that doesn't mean that we'll never see a woodie at Alton Towers.[/quote]

Nope. They were re-visited and re-planned.
Squiggles

In a similar way to the pipeline coaster... SW1 was scrapped completly, but then managed to get revisted for SW2. Nothing should be ruled out.

Also, just because something doesn't currently launch, or something doesn't currently have inversions, it doesn't mean it should be ruled out. Rides evolve.
Edwardo..... move me!
Phil

Ride's evolve to become a world's first, not europe's first.
Squiggles

Example... a lim coaster with an inversion. This would, by some standards, be a world first. (I don't think there is one anywhere yet). However it would be impossible to market it as such, it just isn't a catchy title. "World's First Impulse with an inversion": the marketing department would curl up and die out of embarassment.

"Europe's first Impulse coaster" is a much catchier title. Most people still wouldn't have the first idea what an Impulse Coaster actually is, but its a selling point.

The whole thing comes down to how it is marketed, not what we actually get.
Edwardo..... move me!
Phil

[quote=""Squiggles""]Example... a lim coaster with an inversion. This would, by some standards, be a world first. (I don't think there is one anywhere yet). However it would be impossible to market it as such, it just isn't a catchy title. "World's First Impulse with an inversion": the marketing department would curl up and die out of embarassment.

"Europe's first Impulse coaster" is a much catchier title. Most people still wouldn't have the first idea what an Impulse Coaster actually is, but its a selling point.

The whole thing comes down to how it is marketed, not what we actually get.[/quote]

I agree with you squiggles, as always! But... (just to be petty) It is possible...

http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery ... ?Picture=1

Stormrunner would have been a standard rocket, but they advertised it as a world's first becasue of it's inline twist.
Phil

[quote=""Ade""]You know what I fink will be in Ug Land next year! I have a strange feeling Eclipse will be heading up the M6![/quote]

I would be lying if i said that though had not crossed my mind. But would an observation wheel really fit in? Hmm...
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

i hadent thought what would happen to eclipse but now come to think of it isin't it quite a new ride. Hope it doce will get to ride it more than 1 day a year, can inferno and collous come to please.

seriouly that is quite relistic ade

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

haydn!

Actually positioned in the right place, a observation wheel would be really good for Ug Land, giving some interesting views of the Gardens.
Northern_Rider

I thought Eclipse would be too high for Ugland as its a pretty big structure to have over tree height?

A ride like that would be ideal for the gardens, would attract more people down there and the views i imagine would be impressive for those who enjoy the gardens.
Adz
Admin
Admin

I thought Eclipse would be too high for Ugland as its a pretty big structure to have over tree height?
It is, that wheel is to high for anywhere at Alton Towers. it's going to chessington anyway. (well looks like it) the only place it would be possible to built it at Alton Towers is in the gardens... oh wait they happen to be listed.

Sorry but Eclipse is staying down south.
haydn!

Oh well, nice thought lol
Squiggles

The thing is the Ferris Wheel was removed after just 2 seasons,which suggests it wasn't very popular. (If what I've heard is correct, Eclipse suffers from the same problem)
Edwardo..... move me!
Theme park monkey

how do you get a microsoft word or paint image on the forum, i have doctored map of AT for the 2005 season. :?:
Adz
Admin
Admin

There used to be a ferris wheel in Festivel Park! So there aint no reason why there shouldn't be another one! Don't be so sure Mr Kerridge!
Eclipse is way bigger.
Anonymous

Will you 2 get back in your kennels please!

back onto topic please.

If Eclipse did come to AT im sure that they would remove some of the ground to reduce the overall height of the ride. Having it put at the edge of the Gardens woudl look very drmatic if it was to happen. Its called a Comprimise of Ade's and Adam's ideas.

Nuff Said!
Ash

Exactly. I just think that dino dash or dino derby? would be great names for that ride if it did come to UG.Imagine whipping through dense foreston the back of a dinosaur. Now is that a jurrasic ride or wat. It could make a really intersting ride IMO becuase of all the foliage around that area. It could be kind of duleing race like TTD with he UG UG UG GO!!!Which would be funny.Opinions?

It could be themed very well along with corkie which could have its camelbacks turned into a brontosaurus and put a volcano/water feature in the middle that shoots lava/water. ALso cover all of the floor think in sand to hide those awful supports and all vertcal supports should have a bone wrapped round them like a removable cast. And finally that large dino head on the floor should be put somewhere during the crokie as a small tunnel

Cool Eh?
spark

A ride like storm runner would be an excellent addition to the park, Its a shame that it wont be that kind of ride though. Something like a standup top hat would be excellent, Storm runner is only 150 ft high so if positioned correctly AT could have one in Ug Land