SPOILERS - 2012: Nemesis Sub-Terra...

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Chris W

As there is a little over a week to go before the attraction is revealed on the 24th of March, I've created this topic for those of you who don't mind finding out details about the attraction which could be revealed in the media etc.

Remember that normal guidelines apply if you are a member of staff and have seen the attraction. Your job will be at risk if you release confidential information.
Last edited by Chris W on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nemesisrocks!

The floor structure has been added inside, which also confirms top loading. The ride will also drop below this floor, so at the bottom of the ride will definitely be a chamber.. The pictures were also taken at the end of january, so everything seems on schedule.
Last edited by nemesisrocks! on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reckless And Relentless - Asking Alexandria
JoshC

Was hoping for something a bit more juicy then that.... :P not that I dont know enough already  :lol:
nemesisrocks!

Moosh:')
Just read something that says the drop may spin upside down at the top?
A bit ridiculous but could it be true?
They said it was mentioned in the sun:)
Imma have a look :)
Reckless And Relentless - Asking Alexandria
JoshC

nemesisrocks! wrote: Just read something that says the drop may spin upside down at the top?
I dont think an extremis tower is quite capable of that.... but who knows! :P
thefatone

Mmmm a spoilers topic. The openness for someone to completely and utterly ruin the experience for anyone wanting to go on.

Why not just wait a week, and just see what happens? Far, far, far, far, far more exciting than just blabbing and reading ;)
demz_4

such a tease, knowing that some people on here actually will have seen what its like :( really wana see it now! we want pics, we want pics lmaooooo
krug

If you don't want it spoiled don't read the spoiler thread.  I on the other hand will not be able to get to Alton for a good 2 months.  I need it spoiling!  I can't wait that long, and after it opens i'll hear what its about by word of mouth.
So, anyone, please!  Pictures, info, anything.  Please spill the beans!
.Will

thefatone wrote: Mmmm a spoilers topic. The openness for someone to completely and utterly ruin the experience for anyone wanting to go on.

Why not just wait a week, and just see what happens? Far, far, far, far, far more exciting than just blabbing and reading ;)
In all fairness if you don't want to be spoiled then go away! :P

I however do want it spoiled, I don't like surprises.

;)
AstroDan

It is very unlikely there will be full spoilers for the ride prior to opening.

There aren't any previews.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
Lucieloo

I'm in two minds with this one.. I do want to know, but then again I dont.. ? I'm sure the papers will be plastered with pictures and information the week it opens anyway. I'm not going until the begining of May sadly so no doubt I will not be able to close my ears to it completley!

Quite nervous about it actually.. its sounds pretty awesome!! Plenty of vino before this one me thinks...!!
First person ever to be proposed to on the Smiler! xxxxxx
And because of that I am now Mrs A....
Adam

Here's the full post from the article:
The ride starts with a simulated lift journey deep into the bowels of the earth. From there riders enter a cave where riders are faced with one of four drop rides. These are pretty much the same as those used in Merlin's Dungeons attractions, so are about 8m (26ft) high with a drop of around 7m (23ft).

All four drop rides look in on a central area that will eventually be home to a centrepiece, but the design has not yet been revealed. It's imagined that some sort of show will take place before the drop, and it would be hoped that the drops would be kept secret. After the drop, riders exit at the bottom and go through another "lift" to take them back to the surface.

Overall it sounds like it it could be a really exciting ride, and the idea of starting a drop ride at the top is something that has always been appealing.
:)

There is a photo attached to the article, I don't have access to it but I've had it described:
It is of the upper floor. It shows a central platform with the tops of the four towers sticking above. So it is likely that you will enter on the top of the ride, then drop through the floor to a show room at the bottom, where you then exit.
Last edited by Adam on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
krug

Cheers Adam, that's certainly wet my whistle and starting at the top sounds ace.  The drop towers with the Hex element of: a story, a show, a kick ass soundtrack and special effects, has all the ingredients of a winner.  We're in for something special here guys........................touch wood.
nemesismad

Can we have the link for the article please to take a look at the attached photo ? :D
Adam

As far as I'm aware it's not online, it's taken from an actual printed magazine. Sadly I don't have access to it to get the photo. Sorry :( I really want to see it too!
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
nemesismad

ahhhh ok, well if the photo is anything like the image in my head after that description it'll look & be amazing  :D
krug

Any speculation on teething problems with Sub-Terra?  It would be nice if it didn't break down when i go in the opening week. 
aru

I wonder how they are going to manage the exit of the ride, if the exit is to be in the same room as the 'show'?

The ECC description of the ride has got me excited - but we still don't really know how this is going to work / what the story is etc!  :)
davey_will1980

That description sounds like it's building up to be what I was expecting from the ride, I think it's going to be a good addition to the park, one of those guilty pleasures of a ride that some people will find riding as a 1 off is enough, but others will always enjoy the re-ride and the fun of it, ala 13
RyanY

I want to be spoilt for 2 reasons:

1) I can't wait until I visit to find out.

2) I think that if you know what's coming then you can look out for it and appriciate it more when it happens.

Anyway, anyone got any pictures?