SPOILERS - 2012: Nemesis Sub-Terra...

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
jb19852

Stealth_Lover wrote: Just found this:

http://www.themeparktourist.com/news/20 ... ton-towers

I REALLY hope there's more to it, otherwise it sounds AWFUL!
I wouldnt worry to much about this, looking at it its just a repackaged version of the previous article posted.

Edit:-See above post
revendication

May be able to judge for yourself tonight - Midlands Today has a report on Sub Terra, 6:30 on BBC One, for those of you in sight of the Sutton Coldfield transmitter.
Stealth_Lover

revendication wrote: May be able to judge for yourself tonight - Midlands Today has a report on Sub Terra, 6:30 on BBC One, for those of you in sight of the Sutton Coldfield transmitter.
I won't be home by then. :o(
Stealth_Lover

Just found my favourite tweet to describe Nemesis: Sub-Terra and it restores my faith!

"@LouieMacDJ Sub terra ........... Fjhgjbvhbvcgsjabvhsjhghjabvguyjbjfdkshzjhfjnbswjsjfh WOW"
jb19852

Stealth_Lover wrote:
revendication wrote: May be able to judge for yourself tonight - Midlands Today has a report on Sub Terra, 6:30 on BBC One, for those of you in sight of the Sutton Coldfield transmitter.
I won't be home by then. :o(
I would imagine it would be loaded on youtube pretty quickly afterwards
RyanY

I think Sub Terra is a ride you will have to experience to judge. Still with tomorrow being opening day we will find out how good or bad this is soon.
lucky13

You know what, if we get a well themed dark ride, with a few special effects everyone should be happy. If you want to compare this ride to anything I would say compare it to HEX, dont compare it to a rollercoaster, or a major flat on park. 
Thats how we roll SLIDERS
krug

I'm slightly relieved by some of the positive comments, and again by the fact that the independent article has been ripped off.  I'm also starting to get pessimistic like Dave in order to avoid disappointment.
So, good, and bad so far......
And I agree with regards to Hex, I know lots of people who avoid Hex, they just don't get it.  Whereas iI think it's an absolute gem.
Last edited by krug on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roary01

You can watch BBC Midlands Today on the iplayer...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mj57

hopefully the report will be on soon after its shown on the tv
Ryan.

krug wrote: I know lots of people who avoid Hex, they just don't get it.  Whereas iI think it's an absolute gem.
Hopefully these are the type of people who are giving sub-terra a bad review, i think Hex is great! Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
AWTSW90

krug wrote:
AWTSW90 wrote: The general opinions I'm hearing after staff preview are pretty negative  :cry:
However I find that about a few rides I like so all hope is not lost
Have they said why opinions are negative, i.e. not scary, not immersive, cheap?

I am still holding onto hope but, well, you know, this doesn't help  :|
Not really, didn't get details. Just the 'it's naff' sort of comments  :P
Did hear there was a moving floor in the lift but that's it, I feel like we know pretty much everything there is to know now.

Anyway, that's what gives me a little bit of hope for a ride that'll be more enjoyable to enthusiasts, I didn't hear anything of crap storylines or it's not immersive, just that it's crap because it's a tiny little drop...which we all knew anyway. Perhaps there will be far more for an enthusiast to enjoy similar to hex which I'd often hear negative things about from first time riders. OR, maybe it's crap :)
DomB

I've read quite a lot of positive things on twitter.

I can imagine in those sorts of conditions, it will actually be quite scary.
Dormiens-Dave

One thing to remember is nothing polorizes people more than dark rides, this is probably going to end up being a marmite ride.
Longy

Dormiens-Dave wrote: One thing to remember is nothing polorizes people more than dark rides, this is probably going to end up being a marmite ride.
Hex is a marmite ride.
Some people love it (Me included), whilst others hate it.

I'm not expecting too much from Sub Terra, considering it's only a medium term investment, but it should be fun nonetheless.

Lets just look forward to tomorrow anyway!
AstroDan

As long as it is trying to be scary and well themed, I will be happy.

If it isn't scary, then there will be a problem as that's what they've marketed the ride as.

I hope any Midlands Today report has been carefully verified to ensure it is decent!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
Voke

I still have faith in Terry and hopefully, it'll blow me out the water. It's the same problem with Hex you either judge the attraction because of the ride mechanism, which is usually negative. Or you judge the whole package, such as theming, ride, build-up, soundtrack etc, and in that case, the reviews are also positive. But we shall see.

Laying off this topic until after tomorrow, as I don't particularly want to run into any spoilers which may have been passed up from staff. See you all tomorrow!
.Will

Lot of press at the hotels now, everyone us geared up and excited.

Hex works because of it's location, the entrance is perfect it sets up the ride really there is nothing to the ride itself, very little in the was of substance but it is pulled off to perfection.
Dagan

Or with Sky.  Channel 979 I believe  (I googled that, so it may turn out to be an adult channel lol )
King Nemesis

No footage so far.
But im still watching even though it hasn't been mentioned
Tommy

From what was shown it doesn't look like anything spectacular. It does, however, look like it will fulfill its purpose - a medium sized, reasonably exciting and decently themed dark ride.
Last edited by Tommy on Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.