Indoor rollercoaster needed for alton towers.

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
RyanY

I think that a queue soaking trill flat ride is much more needed at Alton Towers than a Indoor Rollercoaster. And the only place that I think is suitable for a decent sized indoor Rollercoaster is the Air car park, if/whenever that gets developed.
MattsDesigns

hmmm I'm trying to picture what this ride looks like  :?

Its slow and fast seems to have that sleek minimal design style used in places and they've got artists in for some scenes and effects. They are using some tricks (illusions) you might see at the Tate (modern) gallery for individual exhibitions -infact the scenes are a bit like exhibitions. Its quite futuristic aswell, using a very modern ride system.

-as a wild guess.
(...actually, would kids not find that theming boring?)
Last edited by MattsDesigns on Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.
RyanY

MattsDesigns wrote: hmmm I'm trying to picture what this ride looks like  :?

Its slow and fast seems to have that sleek minimal design style used in places and they've got artists in for some scenes and effects. They are using some tricks (illusions) you might see at the Tate (modern) gallery for individual exhibitions -infact the scenes are a bit like exhibitions. Its quite futuristic aswell, using a very modern ride system.

-as a wild guess.
(...actually, would kids not find that theming boring?)
Is that in the wrong topic? :P
MattsDesigns

no I was trying to visualize what this indoor coaster might look like if they ever make it :D 8)
BigAl

You've based your vision from what? There are no plans as it's purely a discussion of "what if?" :P
MattsDesigns

I'm just an Eager Beaver  :D 8)
sibic

how about this area (red) for new indoor ride (coaster)

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11 ... 02115.png/]Image
BigAl

That's where Duel is. It wouldn't be right to replace a ride like Duel for a roller coaster. Especially when the Mack system is still way better than most dark rides out there.
cookiee_munster

could the coach park be relocated???

its a nice bit of land. would make for either a new area or expand katanga canyon? possibly another water ride?  8)
sibic

i think duel needs reworking and De-shooting.

then a spook Weston area to maybe.
Coaster Critics U.K

Sounds like a fantastic idea. Indeed, what a great ride Space Mountain is. As mentioned in a previous post about some space themed ride fitting into the "forbidden valley" section of the park, that could also work out nicely.
With the addition of SW7 coming to the park, I can see its going to be quite some time before we see anything of this sort happening (indoor ride).
What Alton towers could do for the time being though is, sort out all that unused que area for duel. It has been rather a long time since I recall that que line actually being used. 
Rollermad

The old gravestones in the in used queue could be theming for a new ride or given to vampire ;)
MatthewR1990

I've never ridden an indoor rollercoaster but I can imagine the feeling to be very weird. I don't think a fully indoor coaster would be needed though. In my opinion and imagination a ride that did a loop the loop out the top of a tent/building would be cool.
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
lozzyhickers

Fairly unlikely, i'm still hoping that an indoor, fully enclosed coster is put into CC. It would get around the noise problem providing that the design and model is chosen carfeully, and it'll make use of some currently unused park. It could potentially grow to use up the whole CC area, with some good theming and maybe with the addition of some small flats.

Might be nice as an indoor kids coaster (which we are now lacking). That way the flats don't have to be so big.
scott.smith

I think Alton Towers should consider having a Bobsled Rollercoaster located in Forbidden Valley And having the majority of the rollercoaster indoors will make one of the greatest family rollercoasters much more fun.

To Check Out Blackpool's Avalanche click on the link below

i think something similar will be great addition to the park.
Rollermad

Bobsleds look fun! I've only been on toboggans but they are similar !
Tom.B

I think we need something along the lines of X:\No Way Out. or not. maybe that's too much like the old black hole. i imagine it is! i never got a chance to ride it before it was removed!
MattsDesigns

X no way out and black hole are old news bro, you gotta think ahead. 8)

John Wardley said at that last TT convention, you need a HUGE building to fit a meaningful sized coaster. He also said that a Wildmouse in the dark is very fun ride. Your coaster either has to be bunched up or just small/short. That said the black hole never raised any complaints.

WHAT I think might be the way forward, is something like Saw Th13teen and probably SW7 where you have indoor sections - but with more emphasis on the indoor bit. I would like to see a relatively bigger indoor section that is essentially good quality dark ride - so lots of effects and themeing and moving parts.
seanyboyuk

What about an indoor coaster with a castle theme up near coaster corner? It would  blend in well and thick walls could be used to soundproof etc? We could have a hex/thirteen crossover storyline?
Alex

I wouldnt complain if something like the Rock n Rollercoaster was built but thats wishful thinking!!