Indoor rollercoaster needed for alton towers.

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Blizzard

Well, as we all know, the black hole tent has been removed to be replaced with the exciting SW7! So this eliminates any possibilit of there being a new roller coaster in there. Should there be a new enclosed coaster located elsewhere in the park?

Something as epic as space mountain maybe? The air carpark & coaster corner are both possible locations. The air car park would be perfect, as a space themed ride would fit in nicely in forbidden valley.

Thats just my opinion, but whats yours?

:)

Credit To SIMR for the signature & Avatar.
CoasterCrazyChris

Coaster corner?

Why is it always written off as a possibility?
AstroDan

We need our very own Wuze Town, only with a Mack family coaster in there!

:D
CoasterCrazyChris

Just out of interest - were those Jazz Land plans real or fake? I'm inclined to believe they were made up as they do seem rather ambitious.
Blaze

They were certainly real real. :)

Disagree about the Mack, Dan. I still think it should be a Gerstlauer like Troublesome Trucks. A YoungStar is too tall for a Beastie replacement, and I don't think we need a coaster to fit between any other on the soft-thrill scale. I think Thirteen plugs the gap between Spinball and Rita just fine, and the gap between RMT and Spinball is fine. Just a starter coaster that's missing, and I'm not convinced a Young Star can be one.

CoasterCrazyChris

Blaze wrote: They were certainly real real. :)

Disagree about the Mack, Dan. I still think it should be a Gerstlauer like Troublesome Trucks. A YoungStar is too tall for a Beastie replacement, and I don't think we need a coaster to fit between any other on the soft-thrill scale. I think Thirteen plugs the gap between Spinball and Rita just fine, and the gap between RMT and Spinball is fine. Just a starter coaster that's missing, and I'm not convinced a Young Star can be one.

I think there is a need for another family coaster such as a Young Star in addition to a children's coaster.

If the park has four (soon to be five) thrill coasters then surely they need to be balance this out with more family ones?

Blaze

Could do if there's space, but I think we've got a decent progression minus the starter coaster with RMT>Spinball>Thirteen>Rita>Air>Oblivion and Nemesis. Something either side or equal to Thirteen or Spinball would be a decent little investmentt.
Blizzard

Ive done a little mock up on paint (I know) of where the ride could be, according to hight restrictions, you will most probably know the location. I was thinking SpaceMountain style, in the dark family ride, but huge! I think it should be below tree hight so it should be ok. Any thoughts?

Notice how to the right ive left a little room where a seccond entrance could be added.

Last edited by Blizzard on Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CoasterCrazyChris

I assume then the rest of the car park would be used as an ents. complex with second entrance for hotel guests?
siralgenon

I'd love to see an indoor rollercoaster at Alton, especially there as it would join up to the entertainments complex but I don't think a space theme would suit Forbidden Valley - maybe if it was themed like the Disneyland Paris version, but even then I still don't think it would look right.

If it were to be a thrill ride I think a Eurofighter (think that's the name?) would be amazing in the dark with the fast flowing shuttle's, steep drops and sharp turns and inversions!  :D

Maybe Adventureland / Storybook Land would be another location? Although that would have to be a family coaster.
Blizzard

siralgenon wrote: I'd love to see an indoor rollercoaster at Alton, especially there as it would join up to the entertainments complex but I don't think a space theme would suit Forbidden Valley - maybe if it was themed like the Disneyland Paris version, but even then I still don't think it would look right.

If it were to be a thrill ride I think a Eurofighter (think that's the name?) would be amazing in the dark with the fast flowing shuttle's, steep drops and sharp turns and inversions!  :D

Maybe Adventureland / Storybook Land would be another location? Although that would have to be a family coaster.
Well indoor rollercoastes require a large building & Im not ure weather there is enough room in storybook land, but is it a small possibility. Im also not sure about a eurofighter as it sounds like SW7 will be one of those. But gerstlaur (however you spell it) is a possibility for manufacturer.
  And yes, thinking abot it now a space mountain looking ride is a little too much like copying disney, so why not have lton be unique? Heres a little idea I made to try & fit it in with air:

As you can see, its a HUGE building, but lowered into the ground a little, it should be below tree height, although I stil imagine it'd be difficult to get planning permission. But its an Idea!

Blaze

What you've drawn there is Euro-sat with a stripe. ;)
.Will

Black Hole tent on the Air car park?

:P
Blizzard

Blaze wrote: What you've drawn there is Euro-sat with a stripe. ;)
Eurosat is tacky, this isnt!

:lol:

AstroDan

Eurosat may well be retro, but it is one of the best indoor coasters I have been on.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Will04

A dark family coaster like Eurosat or Florida's Space Mountain would be great for Towers, if well themed. Towers really need some more proper family coasters (I think that Th13teen's marketing puts children off), while Spinball's capacity is too low for what is the major coaster for kids in the park.
Vladimir Bobinski

Blizzard wrote: Ive done a little mock up on paint (I know) of where the ride could be, according to hight restrictions, you will most probably know the location. I was thinking SpaceMountain style, in the dark family ride, but huge! I think it should be below tree hight so it should be ok. Any thoughts?

Notice how to the right ive left a little room where a seccond entrance could be added.

I personally like that simply for the way it helps connect the hotel and that side of the park, it would also make a great place for a new or replacement park entrance.

I don't think Alton desperately needs an indoor track ride, but it certainly would be a good addition.
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

CoasterCrazyChris wrote: Coaster corner?

Why is it always written off as a possibility?
Coaster Corner would be perfect, as a enclosed coaster would be free of next to none noise. This could happen before the end of the 10 year plan, as it was highlighted as a area to develop. Air Car Park can have a outdoor coaster.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
Nightfall

What is the point of a huge indoor ride in Forbidden Valley when that's one of the best spots for a proper outdoor coaster?

I would also say Coaster Corner. The building would negate the noise issues and it's already a family area.
[align=center]Image[/align]
CoasterCrazyChris

Nightfall wrote: What is the point of a huge indoor ride in Forbidden Valley when that's one of the best spots for a proper outdoor coaster?
The area would look messy and cluttered with three outdoor coasters.

Not to mention the major theming clashes.