what do you think would be a good area re-theme?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
bilvy man

title says it all, what do you guys think? my idea for x-sector is a robo-theme with oblivion being a transformation from person to robot, even the que line vidoes could be the same just with the lord of darkness as a robot, enterprise and submission could be initiation, and the new coaster coming soon could be some sort of final test.
chat away!
Last edited by bilvy man on Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ATJoseph

Hmm well I think they should move berry bish bash and theme it to a Fun Factory in the charlie warehouse with something to do with snorlix and freinds
BigAl

I'd love to see something based on the Towers obsession with steampunk. If anyone can pull-off making a steampunk themed area then it would deffinitley be Alton Towers. They'd nail it! :P

fredward

X-Sector becoming VALVeland

The Half-Life IP would be the most epic IP in any theme park... especially since the G-Man is very similar to the Lord of Darkness, and a Portal themed dark ride for SW7 would be the greatest thing since sliced bread. I don't care if it's not an original IP... it would be amazing.
SpinballEdders

Adventure land becoming a Sonic themed area with rides based off the main characters
MinteButtons

I do think making Adventure Land into a retro gamin area would be immense. Never going to happen but it'd be amazing.

I agree with BigAl here a - steampunk area would just be fantastic! The depth of themeing you could go into, I'm practically salivating at the thought of an Alton - Steampunk crossover!
It's different and quirky, Alton to a tee. It could be tied in with the Sir Algenon story as well...  I don't want to see X-Sector's theme go, but if it had to leave then I would welcome steampunk. Re-theme for SW7?  :P
BigAl

Ug Land tree house:

A new steampunk area also needs a steampunk tree house:

:P

It would be a really unique theme and Alton Towers do like being different with their attractions! ;)
DannyNewbro

BigAl wrote: Ug Land tree house:

A new steampunk area also needs a steampunk tree house:

:P

It would be a really unique theme and Alton Towers do like being different with their attractions! ;)
Yeah that idea is really cool! The theme of a steampunk area would totally lift X Sector and bring a lot of magic back to the park!
CoasterCrazyChris

X-Sector will not be rethemed. Oblivion's theme is too established and built into the fabric of the area itself.
Blaze

Steampunk-ify Adventureland

/thread

:yes:
BSwiss

Give Joss Whedon a free run of Haunted Hollow with the simple instructions: 'Make the Hellmouth'.
Longy

Fantasy land.
There just doesn't seem to be alot of fantasy left in AT.
Maybe a retheme of Storybook Land and Adventure Land?
ATJoseph

It think oblivions lost its whole impact on the park it think its time to say goodbye to oblivion forever and welcome
Miners drop in Fort/Port Discovrey based on the finding of diamonds with powers!
Last edited by ATJoseph on Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ATJoseph

urgh always so negative!  :|
Blaze

Only with good reason.
Voke

ATJoseph wrote: It think oblivions lost its whole impact on the park it think its time to say goodbye to oblivion forever and welcome
Miners drop in Fort/Port Discovrey based on the finding of diamonds with powers!
Please could you explain your reasoning for that decision? When -if- SW7 is constructed and operational in X-Sector in 2013 it will effectively give the rides, and surrounding area a new lease of life. I don't believe it's the rides that are letting that area of the park down, I think it's the tired state of the theme. And hopefully, this will be spruced up come 2013. We can only hope! :)
ATJoseph

Yeah its just a bit old now i think it needs to be rebranded into steampunk soon with SW7  :)
Blaze

Oblivion still works just as well today. If they gave it a lick of paint there would be almost no difference between what it's like now and what it was like back in 1998.

The whole thing is built around that theme, there's n oway they could pull anything else off so well with the lengths they went to with the X-Sector concept. Plus Oblivion as it is and X-Sector, because of it's insane marketing campaign, is so well known and iconic, they'd never be able to shake it off for a new look.
CoasterCrazyChris

It might be tatty, but X-Sector is, in my opinion still the best thematic area on the park. It just works so well...despite years of neglect and Fanta.