Next Concert?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Pricey ;)

After not going to any of the past concerts at Alton Towers, I have convinced myself that next season I must visit one, but the question is who would you like to see?

Personally I would love to see a modern artist such as Rihanna, I think she puts on a great live show just what alton need in heir next event! However I definatley dont want to see a cheesy x-factor failiure which seem to be coming ever more popular (one direction, JLS).

I think alton needs to look at events such as Capitals Jingle Bell Ball for inspiration as it has a wide range of acts of different genres which alton havent really hit the nail on the head with so far.

Any other reccomendations for a concert?
Blaze

Seconded.

Sorry, but Alton haven't catered for any audience other than cheesy pop. Unless you include the Pink concert, then you can add militant lesbians! :P

It depends on who's touring over hear next year. I can't think of any decent people worth seeing who will be though, apart from maybe the Chilli Peppers or Foo Fighters. It also depends whether Alton push themselves as a venue like the Pink concert was just a part of her tour, or whether they do like they did this year and do it as a mini-festival and approach others to play.

Muse will be finishing the next album in the summer so it would be very unlikely they'd play. Not the sort of gig they'd go for either. It would have to be either a pretty big mini-festival or they'd have to be given free reign to bring all their kit, festival hexagon stage minimum, and there'd probably be no room for the sort of crowd they'd attract, sonsidering how quick tickets The Resistance Tour and all their Wembley Stadium gigs sold. It would be an absolute dream though.
SpinballEdders

^ not to say Muse can't play any of their older songs :D
Blaze

They'll be finishin number 6, so it's unlikely they'd have the time, but if they did fancy a few warm-up gigs, I doubt they'd do it in such a big way.

As for old songs, have you seen any of the setlists from the last tour? :lol: They're allergic to playing old songs.

Reading and Leeds were for old songs, playing Origin Of Symmetry in full; it's unlikely anything from Origin and earlier that wasn't being played at least semi-regularly will ever be played again. :(

But I went to both of those gigs so I'm not too fussed. :P I just need to hear Dead Star before I die...
Themeparksandy1981

I would love to see a evening of Ska music headlined by Madness. I dont like upto date music as its rubbish even in my car I listen to Talk Sport.
Blaze

Madness would be so much fun. Massive conga line right the way up and down Towers Street, anyone? :P
SpinballEdders

i can imagine when madness play one step beyond everyone will go MAD! sounds like a brilliant idea to have madness
Tom G

Deep Purple with a 38 piece orchestra.
AdamPanic

Didn't Madness play Alton Towers in 80/90's ? I know they played 2003.

Found it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWYATtgchVk

Toyah: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK-Cz2uq ... re=related
TowersJake

Would love to see Coldplay play live next year as they are also on tour.

ATJakee Youtube Channel !
Blaze

Coldplay would probably be up for it, they're doing a stadium tour in the summer (no Wembley though, oddly), and are family-friendly, so they could play, and despite selling out big time, they're still great live, so I'd love them to play, but they're probably far too big to play at Alton at the moment, maybe in a few years when Alton have the power to pull in the nig names they'll do it though.
Child 'O' Nemmy

Iron Maiden :D
Or:
Rammstein, Metallica.

Rammstein would be badass playing in front of the towers .
If you've not heard of Rammstein or seen their live shows type in Rammstein du hasst-live
It would never happen but I can wish.I
Pricey ;)

The thing I would like to see is maybe different stages over the park for different genres,
e.g.
Forbidden Valley (Rock)
X-Sector (Dance)
Lawns (Pop)

As certain acts are restricted to a certain threshold of customers which I think is the main problem.
Blaze

Pricey ;) wrote: The thing I would like to see is maybe different stages over the park for different genres,
e.g.
Forbidden Valley (Rock)
X-Sector (Dance)
Lawns (Pop)

As certain acts are restricted to a certain threshold of customers which I think is the main problem.
Forbidden Valley would be metal. Rock pulls in the biggest crowds, so that would go on the lawns at the buttom of Towers Street/go on a car park/field.
Cheese

Though I can't see it ever happening, I'd love to see some of the park's music performed out on the lawn by an orchestra (and some other musicians too for the less or non-classical pieces). Who wouldn't want to see ITHOTMK or Hex's theme played live as darkness falls? How about Blivvy's theme being mixed live on stage, or Nemmy's theme slowly building up before Tom Baker is introduced and comes on stage, beginning "Nobody knows where it came from..."
Blaze

Probably would be too epic to comprehend.

Mass rave to Blivy music, chill to Air and then bring on the orchestra, for Nemie, Hex and the overture-y part of Thirteen's music, ending with ITHOTMK of course.
BigAl

Rob L

I think it would be good to have another Alton Towers Live concert but with different acts this time around. The concert was fantastic this year and worked really well so seeing this become an annual event would be a huge positive for the park.

Then on top of this they could have a second concert like they did with the Black Eyed Peas this year. Whether or not they do though will depend of what they thought of ticket sales for this years concerts and if it is financially viable to hold more than one.

I suspect there will be at least one concert next year at Towers, and if there is only one then an Alton Towers Live format please! As for an individual artist, it won't happen as she's already been touring for a long time and it will be over by next summer but Katy Perry as she is the definition of awesome!

:)
Last edited by Rob L on Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blaze

The BEP concert sold really poorly, so I can't see them taking bookings from pop acts again, they need someone who'll bring in the crowds. They could snatch whoever tops the bill at Glastonbury/Reading/some other major festival, or at least someone big enough to sell tickets without resorting to massive discounts because no one bothered to buy them in the first place.

Again, it depends on whether Alton are going to seel themselves as a venue for people to book gigs at, which I guess is how BEP did it, or whether they're going to ask people to play at a gig they organise themselves, like the mini-festival they did with those crap X Factor rejects and pop no-marks last year.

Sadly Muse are recording, but there's plently of other bands who'll be touring or have new material to play. Even The Killers probably, and thinking about it they'd be perfect for Towers.