Wizarding World of Harry Potter???

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Satch

Pipe dreams, but would be nice. Harry Potter is an English franchise, despite the US films, and would fee nice for that to be remembered over here. Not likely to happen though, for points previously said
cookiee_munster

im just going to throw this in here. The warehouse space and space surrounding the warehouse for Duel is the perfect size for the show building for The Forbidden Journey ;) ;) ;)
BSwiss

I always thought that Hogwarts was in Scotland due to the scenery and long train journet from Kings Cross.

Ergo: M&Ds re-theme.
RustyRider

A little off topic but, can we stop referring it as HP as i'd rather merlin didnt get any ideas for a brown sauce themed area for alton towers!!
Ladies and Gentlemen, our first SuperHero TTFer :D - Magrathea.
SpinballEdders

^ that made me LOL so hard!  :P
cookiee_munster

looks like the next one will be built in L.A...
ubagel

Yeah, I think LA is pretty much confirmed now, along with a Florida expansion.

If only Merlin had £200 million to splurge on this, Alton Towers would be great fit for a Harry Potter attraction. cookiee_munster mentioned using the Duel warehouse...if only it were taller that would be great...I think nobody would miss Duel! Or maybe they can drop the Kuka arms and use a spiderman-style ride system and it may just fit in the Duel warehouse. Either way, that's a whole lot of money if they want to do it well.

My word though, if they did it properly, it could instantly catapult AT ahead of anything else Europe has to offer.

Also, don't forget Merlin is owned by Blackstone, who (currently) own half of Universal Orlando...so they aren't a 'competitor'
Last edited by ubagel on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
AstroDan

Merlin is run totally separate. It is in competition with Universal.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
CoasterCrazyChris

I'm sorry, and no offence to whoever created it - but I hate this thread.

Why would Harry Potter ever come to Alton Towers?

If they did choose to bring it to the UK it would almost certainly be in the form of a new park.
sibic

if i remember correctly ioa has to build a second part and ride for wwohp in orlando part of the very strong contract jk got
ubagel

I think I was a little overenthusiastic there - if this were built it would be great.... But the chances of it being at AT are slim-to-none!

It it's going anywhere it'll be in Leavesden Studios. When it opens, Leavesden plans to charge £28 for just a studio tour. If people are willing to pay that for a 3 hour studio tour, it's a no-brainer to keep expanding. Give it 10 years and I'd bet money we've got a new theme park at Leavesden. Competition for Merlin...could get interesting!