NO SPOILERS - 2012: Nemesis Sub-Terra... Part 2

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Ripsaw Raver

AT Promoting something that you can't do because of age basically in this day an age of equality I'm surprised they have done it. I haven't got a problem with it, well a little because that's me out of the running but it will be interesting if we see something like a Nemmie boot camp.
Last edited by Ripsaw Raver on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
themealgang

Another very clever marketing strategy. Yet again, I love the way that it is so enthusiast orientated... such a shame I can't apply.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
mrbrightside

It makes perfect sense to advertise for original riders. This is the Nemesis story 18 years on... so they want people 18 years on from their first ride.

Yes, most of the people on here won't be able to apply - but at least this preview stunt makes more sense than the usual "DO YOU LIKE SCARY RIDES? WANNA ENTER A COMPETITION TO RIDE A SCARY RIDE FIRST? AND BE SCARED? THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME! SCARED."
ImageImage
AstroDan

Good stuff.

Also, I don't see a problem regarding any enthusiasts being let down... We know what the ride is, have done extremis, you're only kidding yourself if you over hype this.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
CoasterCrazyChris

Best why to avoid getting overhyped about this ride is not to get too involved with this topic...
Adam

AstwoDan wrote: Also, I don't see a problem regarding any enthusiasts being let down... We know what the ride is, have done extremis, you're only kidding yourself if you over hype this.
This is the mistake people make time and time again. Hype it up and then complain that they are disappointed afterwards.

But the thing to remember, with Sub-Terra, if the "show" aspect of the ride is done well it could be something quite special.

I just worry it will be too short, force-less and no-where near as atmospheric as it should be.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
pluk

Wooooop, I genuinely did ride in opening year!!!!!!

Have to see if I have any pics knocking about to prove it to them......
Total Unique Ridecount
CoasterCrazyChris

This ride has already become the most hyped filler ride the park have ever installed.

Simply because of Facebook and the sheer number of people watching the park's every move these days.

:)
sheepie

Perhaps it's just me, but I actually consider this one of the least hyped attractions Merlin have ever installed. All of the marketing seems to just be enhancing the story of the ride rather than blatantly boasting about how amazing the ride experience is.
Don't blink; not even for a second, blink and you're dead.
AstroDan

sheepie wrote: Perhaps it's just me, but I actually consider this one of the least hyped attractions Merlin have ever installed. All of the marketing seems to just be enhancing the story of the ride rather than blatantly boasting about how amazing the ride experience is.
Yes - absolutely. In general, I think expectation for this is low. Very low. In fact, it was so low at one stage that there were several pages in a row where 80% of the posts were taking the ---- out of the whole ride...!

I think it's good that we have such low expectation on it, though. We also have even worse expectation for the new 4D.

:)
Dylan

I agree it's hardly hyped up by park at all, we don't even know what it is yet! There has been no mention of ride system and / or effects at all.
Enthusiasts may well have hyped this up to be something greater than it is, but the park has played no part in this.
Sazzle

Perosnally I think it's nice to see so much hype and buzz about a medium investment attraction. We had absolutely NOTHING to get excited about last year, and the one thing the park did put in, died (oops?).

I'm enjoying feeling 'involved' in the construction and development, as these Twitter updates and the recent invitation for 1994 riders are really pulling in the enthusiasts enthusiasm - this is what we live for, right?? Well, at weekends outside the office, between March and November, anyway...

AND for the first time in three years, I'm genuinely interested in a TTF topic and consider myself to be an avid follower!

We all know exactly what we're getting ourselves in for...
OHHH YEEAAHHH!!!
Martin (tidy_pimp), Myself & Ellie on Extremis @ London Dungeons, March 2010
Adam

Phalanx Control:
All of a sudden its got very, very, dark down here. #sub_terra

Sounds like the roof's on! :)
James

New variation of the Nemesis: Sub Terra promotional image has been released by Merlin/Alton Towers.

The key differences in this one being we have a fourth person 'sitting down' and the riders seem to be holding on to a bar which suggests the ride will have simple lap bar restraints. There's quite a bit of dodgy photoshopping going on in that image I must say.
Adam

Wow, it's no wonder they were hiring a new Graphics Designer for Marketing with crap like that coming out...

But it does it's job I guess!
James6

Can someone point out exactly whats wrong with it? :P

I thought it looked fine
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P
Poison Tom 96

simple lap bars would be epic. it would add an element of 'Terror'
SIMR

James6 wrote: Can someone point out exactly whats wrong with it? :P

I thought it looked fine
I kind of agree, but the people look like they've been cut and pasted onto the image without any effort to make it look like, well, like they weren't cut and pasted in. I also don't see the point in the white light on the left. Other than, that though, I think it's a perfectly fine image.
darrenhosker

Yay, I can enter. I was 11 when Nemesis opened and I remember queueing for over 2 hours on a hot sunny day thinking the queue would never end.

Don't know if this is proof enough, but its my original On-Ride Photo from 1994.

fredward

I love it, its really cheesy old horror movie style! The 1994 Nemesis style/theme in a nut shell tbh! :P