NO SPOILERS - 2012: Nemesis Sub-Terra... Part 2

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Dormiens-Dave

You stated "significant" teething problems as though it was something unusual to Alton Towers. Generally all new attractions have some level of downtime in their first few weeks of operation. I imagine Sub-Terra will be the same but hopefully it will not be "significant"
Adam

The thing Sub-Terra will have in it's favor is the fact the ride system has been installed and working for a while already. Therefore hopefully the ironing out has already been done while the effects were added/tested. :)
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
spark

Also the ride staff will have received training and will still be learning the system
haydn!

What are the restraints like on these Extremis rides?

Are we talking Air with plenty of room for the bigger person, or Ripsaw, no chance if your an ounce overweight?  :P
LoveAltonTowers

haydn! wrote: What are the restraints like on these Extremis rides?

Are we talking Air with plenty of room for the bigger person, or Ripsaw, no chance if your an ounce overweight?  :P
Quite bad, there heavy and only like a lap bar really, if you were small enough and flexable you could easily push yourself out... But for me they were too low, and over too quick, onload/off load took longer so, i hope these are better than them, there a bit like hex's fit to the biggest person, :/
Last edited by LoveAltonTowers on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrbrightside

I can assure you that you wouldn't be able to push yourself out as they are designed for the smallest rider to be able to sit safely on the ride...
ImageImage
Poison Tom 96

mrbrightside wrote: I can assure you that you wouldn't be able to push yourself out as they are designed for the smallest rider to be able to sit safely on the ride...
This ride is perfectly safe. Everything has been designed for your comfort and enjoyment. :P
RyanY

Poison Tom 96 wrote:
mrbrightside wrote: I can assure you that you wouldn't be able to push yourself out as they are designed for the smallest rider to be able to sit safely on the ride...
This ride is perfectly safe. Everything has been designed for your comfort and enjoyment. :P
But what about when the ride goes underground?  :P
Poison Tom 96

ryanyoxall wrote:
Poison Tom 96 wrote:
I have heard ride cars go missing! :P
Dan77

ryanyoxall wrote:
Poison Tom 96 wrote:

If it wasn't safe do you think they would run it? No..  Their designed for all types of guests 
mrbrightside

Dan77- I think you missed the Oblivion references.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImage
Dan77

mrbrightside wrote: Dan77- I think you missed the Oblivion references.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was talking in general don't worry :-p
haydn!

So.... now you've had ya little play. Will fat people fit or not?
air_head

If it's the same restraints as the existing Extremis rides, you'll have no problem at all. I need to use the bigger seats on Nemesis and Oblivion and I can ride Extremis without a problem.
thefatone

Once opened - it should be same level as Extremis. It's not right now, but should be once it opens.
Poison Tom 96

thefatone wrote: Once opened - it should be same level as Extremis. It's not right now, but should be once it opens.
That would be a bit mis-leading and/or counter-intuitive
krug

A part of me would like to ride a drop tower with loose 'but safe' restraints, so that you could fly up off your seat.  But i suppose you would end up slamming down at the bottom and break your coccyx.  Hmm, there must be a solution.......
Benzin

Yeah, it's called sitting forward slightly so that when you sit back there's a lovely bit of space between you and restraint during the ride...

Of course, that only works for individual seats... For ones like Extremis, find a big person and ride with them...
krug

Some decent pics of the exterior have been uploaded in the spoiler thread if anyone is interested.  No images inside the ride so nothing to spoil.  There is some info about the nature of the ride though in the thread, of course, so just scroll until you see the pics.  Just so you know nothing dramatic has been revealed yet.

An image of the inside is expected soon so just stick to page 2 of the thread.
siralgenon

Like I said in the other topic it just looks too new! :( Get some rust on it!  :P