NO SPOILERS - 2012: Nemesis Sub-Terra... Part 2

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
JoshC

djtruefitt wrote: Im thinking I may have to stay away from this thread now, as its only a matter of time before we see a photo from inside or some more details are released. Especially now staff are there training.
Dont worry, we wouldn't dream of ruining the surprise! :P It is awesome in there though :D
AstroDan

thefatone wrote:
AstwoDan wrote:
Poison Tom 96 wrote: Can we have Nemmy staff in these Plzkthx :D
There is a reason why Nemesis staff would not be wearing these, but I cannot quite remember it.
Phalanx control have no need to run Nemesis. They do not work for Alton Towers. Why would they suddenly start running it now?
I think it's what was said to me.

:)
nemesisrocks!

Just an idea, possibly they might start the tv ads on Saturday, and continue till the 24th counting down the days?
Reckless And Relentless - Asking Alexandria
DannyNewbro

I was thinking the adverts could be 'Paranormal Activity' like.. there's this craze about amateur videos now. I think it would be cool if one of the ride hosts were going round the inside (undeground) of Sub-Terra and there's a load roar that's echoed through the 'cave' or whatever and then the hosts start getting worried with their flashlights in hand and then the screen goes all fuzzy black and white and then the screen goes pitched black and then slowly the Nemesis Sub-Terra logo appears.. and then the logo disappears and then the Alton Towers logo appears and the ad ends. That would leave the advert/teaser being a confusing look and people that saw it would want to know more about it and wonder what this 'Nemesis Sub-Terra' is! I love teasers like that. A bit like the SAW ALIVE teaser where 2 people break into the maze, a bit like that but the two people in black are looking through the caves.. Just my ideas, I like to let them out on topics
nemesisrocks!

DannyNewbro wrote: I was thinking the adverts could be 'Paranormal Activity' like.. there's this craze about amateur videos now. I think it would be cool if one of the ride hosts were going round the inside (undeground) of Sub-Terra and there's a load roar that's echoed through the 'cave' or whatever and then the hosts start getting worried with their flashlights in hand and then the screen goes all fuzzy black and white and then the screen goes pitched black and then slowly the Nemesis Sub-Terra logo appears.. and then the logo disappears and then the Alton Towers logo appears and the ad ends. That would leave the advert/teaser being a confusing look and people that saw it would want to know more about it and wonder what this 'Nemesis Sub-Terra' is! I love teasers like that. A bit like the SAW ALIVE teaser where 2 people break into the maze, a bit like that but the two people in black are looking through the caves.. Just my ideas, I like to let them out on topics
That's a really good idea:')
I would be so hyped if that happened;)
Reckless And Relentless - Asking Alexandria
AdamPanic

formula1fan wrote: Latest from Phalanx Control:
Exclusive first image of the Phalanx operations team - this team are responsible for your safety #sub_terra http://yfrog.com/ocnpnjbj
And the image itself
Did the Sticky Out Ears come part of the Uniform?  :lol:
JoshC

They're attached to the hats, like joke ears :P
AWTSW90

That's much more than I was expecting from the uniform, and much closer to what I had hoped for  :D Can not say a bad word about it!
I imagine it won't be long until people start 'losing' the hats though  :P

It does look rather warm for those poor staff though! When I worked at Towers, I'd always end up wearing the bare minimum required uniform, it's tiring work that keeps you warm enough in itself!
If they had supplied us with red and black briefs, I'd have quite happily worked in just those during the summer.
Last edited by AWTSW90 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adam James

mrbrightside wrote: Am I the only one who thinks they a look a bit like they're off for some paintball?

Still awesome though!
Thought I recognised the kit - it does look like genuine paintballing gear!

With no way of getting to The Swarm this year, I must admit that Nemmie Sub-Terry is the theme park development this year I'm really hoping up for... :D
thefatone

AWTSW90 wrote: It does look rather warm for those poor staff though! When I worked at Towers, I'd always end up wearing the bare minimum required uniform, it's tiring work that keeps you warm enough in itself!
Pretty certain they're wearing all that cos it's cold right now? ;).

In any case, I cant imagine much tiring work on that ride? Entrance, Merge, Baggage, some indoor positions?
Sazzle

Okay okay AWTSW90, we get it, you worked at Towers ;) I keep seeing these references! Team South IIRC.

These uniforms, AFAIK, are going to be in use all the time. Whether or not there are shirts in similar style, I've no idea.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

AWTSW90

Sazzle wrote: Okay okay AWTSW90, we get it, you worked at Towers ;) I keep seeing these references! Team South IIRC.

These uniforms, AFAIK, are going to be in use all the time. Whether or not there are shirts in similar style, I've no idea.

:?

I apologise for using personal experience in my examples...
NastyPasty

Let's not get shirty, especially so close to season opening.
I'm excited now; this is their most mysterious attraction to date. Little over 8 days remain and I have no clue what to expect from this apart from it'll be mind-bogglingly good.
I would just love to see the pre/post shows and of course those all important effects in the drop towers section itself.
Keep on whistlin', folks.

owenjones92

Latest update from the phalanx control :

Phalanx have multiple images of inside the research facility however the commander has forbidden these communications.

Not long till do we though for real now  :)
DONT...LOOK..DOWN
AstroDan

owenjones92 wrote: Latest update from the phalanx control :

Phalanx have multiple images of inside the research facility however the commander has forbidden these communications.

Not long till do we though for real now  :)
I say it would be nice to see some exterior shots of the facility!
Blaze

Maybe one or two outside shots would be nice, but the little I know about the inside, the better.

What, 10 sleeps now?

:)
AstroDan

This attraction is like Swansea city against Man City last weekend.

The pressures off from enthusiasts - but could it be a winner?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
krug

Is there any mention of the capacity of the ride?  Also, I remember an interview with John Wardley after 13 had opened.  He discussed how they designed 13 to include a decent throughput of the ride and how successful it has been, even performing better than expected.  Do you think this concept will have been taken into consideration with regards to Terry?  Or do you think with this kind of attraction, queues will be impossible to tame?
Really getting the itch now.  I've been trying to arrange a date to go to Alton with my friends but no success yet.  I wish they were as excited as I am.  I'm 29 years old and Alton Towers is a magical gateway into my inner child, pathetic really :)
Big Dave

Very few know what it will be like, we will just have to wait. It will have a fairly decent throughput as the park will know that big queues just cause complaints.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
demz_4

Phalanx Control ‏ @PhalanxControl

The Stag is moving to its new location today. New temporary site boundary has been installed to prevent early civilian access this weekend