NO SPOILERS - 2012: Nemesis Sub-Terra... Part 2

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Magrathea

And the latest from the Phallusax Control Twitter:
Redundant Dynamo parts found deep underground in Forbidden Valley. #sub_terra
Love it :D
AstroDan

Magrathea wrote: And the latest from the Phallusax Control Twitter:
As do I! They should put these "redundant Dynamo parts" on display.

:P
Longy

AstwoDan wrote:

Don't they mean the queue line?
I thought Dynamo had been completely removed from the park to another park somewhere else...
Dormiens-Dave

Its just getting geeks talking which is great, though they may have some old theming elements from Dynamo
Adam James

Dormiens-Dave wrote: Its just getting geeks talking which is great, though they may have some old theming elements from Dynamo
Didn't two of the tall vertical stones near the site perimeter form the entrance for Dynamo's queue line? If so it could be referring to that possibly?
Tom G

Haha, they aren't referring to anything, it's simply a joke for the obsessives to get.
AstroDan

The entrance for S-T is pretty much exactly the same as Dynamo.

Dynamo itself barely had much theming other than the ride, entrance and operator cabin, though.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Themeparksandy1981

.Adam wrote: Thing is, how can they prove if you rode in 1994 or not... It has a place on the form to upload a photo but it dosen't specify if this has to be an ORP or anything. I just don't see how they would know.
At the bottom of the picture it gives the date it was taken. I went on it in 94 but didn't get a picture to May 96.
Nightfall

I don't think they're going to be too bothered about validating when you first rode Nemesis. In fact there's even an option asking if you did ride in 1994 so I guess they’re expecting people to apply even if they didn't.

This is just one of those marketing things. Alton are simply looking for people who were around when Nemesis opened so they can go on about how amazing an experience there first ride was. Then they ask them how excited they are for Sub-Terra, record there first ride in an overdramatic way and play back the most positive reviews on Facebook and YouTube. They did the same thing with the Th13teen boot camp only more elaborate.
If you feel like applying it’s worth a shot. You should have fun and you get to experience the new ride both early and with likeminded people. Also unlike the boot camp I approve of the 1994 riders idea, it’s more interesting than just asking for "Hardcore, Thrill Seekers!". Yes it is annoying for the fans that were unable to ride in 1994 but it’s not like the ride won’t open a week or so later.

Also can we stop taking the Twitter feed so series. Its twitter, most the comments are just interesting references. Only those with the pictures in are actually hinting at anything. The other are just for our enjoyment.
[align=center]Image[/align]
AWTSW90

Longy wrote:
AstwoDan wrote:

Don't they mean the queue line?
I thought Dynamo had been completely removed from the park to another park somewhere else...
Not at all, There are Dynamo cars stacked in a large corrugated shed (Huge shipping container?) at the back of the staff car park behind Hex/next to Merlin Studios North. There is also a Beastie train in there keeping them company  :D There are various bits of long forgotten rides and attractions in this area from a disused Squirrel Nutty acorn, to a large military vehicle and a teacup! Alton rarely dispose of things. I had a habit of nosing while working there, you come across all sorts of gems in these 'backstage' areas. Despite selling most off, Alton still own a swanboat. There's also a large pile of Ug Land theming behind the basketball game in dark forest and a shipping container full of scarefest theming much of which is no longer used in the same area.
Voke

You can still see quite a few of the old UG Land facades when you take the Skyride to the Dark Forest.

It certainly makes the journey that little bit more exciting! :)
The Crab of Nemesis

AWTSW90 wrote:

Not at all, There are Dynamo cars stacked in a large corrugated shed (Huge shipping container?) at the back of the staff car park behind Hex/next to Merlin Studios North. There is also a Beastie train in there keeping them company  :D There are various bits of long forgotten rides and attractions in this area from a disused Squirrel Nutty acorn, to a large military vehicle and a teacup! Alton rarely dispose of things. I had a habit of nosing while working there, you come across all sorts of gems in these 'backstage' areas. Despite selling most off, Alton still own a swanboat. There's also a large pile of Ug Land theming behind the basketball game in dark forest and a shipping container full of scarefest theming much of which is no longer used in the same area.
I always find it amazing how much Towers hoard, they don't throw much away. I remember when I worked there, the Nemesis cleaning cupboard is full of old-style Nemesis signs and Ripsaw theming they no longer use. It's a shame they keep it all hidden away really - maybe they plan to do something with it all one day... or perhaps they're just very lazy!
ImageSince 2008
King Nemesis

There like any good man...

Keeping everything just in case there comes a time when it would be needed.
Adz
Admin
Admin

Dynamo is totally gone. It's currently operating on the european traveling fair circuit following a total refurbishment and repaint.

Last edited by Adz on Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
siralgenon

Does anyone know if SUB-TERRA will take your photo?
Adam

I have a feeling it will have a photo opportunity, but I can see it being during the pre-show.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
roary01

im sure there was a photo booth on the plans, and working there last season, im sure i can remember plans for photos been arranged on Sub-Terra...
barmy_scotty

Adz wrote: Dynamo is totally gone. It's currently operating on the european traveling fair circuit following a total refurbishment and repaint.

Sorry Adz but as AWTSW90 has said dynamo is In bits in storage......
When i say bits i mean the cars.....
Last edited by barmy_scotty on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J01N U5.... Y0U W1LL 5M173.....

Y0U B370NG T0 TH3 5M1L3R

5M1L3!!!

ALWAY5
AstroDan

Dynamo is NOT in storage. As Adz said it IS categorically touring the European fair circuit.

The ride was entirely removed from Alton Towers a number of years ago.

There may be some old bits of theming or something lying about in the depths of Alton's hoards of old stuff, but in terms of the ride - there is nothing.
CJH

I think you find the ride cars are actually in a storage container at the back of Merlin Studios north. Unless that was other ride cars like Dynamo sitting there back in 2010.
Chris 21 Manchester