NO SPOILERS - 2012: Nemesis Sub-Terra... Part 2

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Sazzle

Phalanx Control  @PhalanxControl
3h
Apologies for the interruption in communication- there is no need to be concerned. RT this to confirm message transmission successful.

Hmm. Interesting...

I've saved this Twitter feed to my bookmarks as "Terry :: Twitter"  :lol:. Yeah, I make me laugh, too!
The Crab of Nemesis

What I love about this whole campaign is how well it harks back to the original Nemmy story. 'A security silence over all Phalanx control' echoes perfectly the 'security silence falling over Alton Towers' in the original Nemesis story audio.

It's a fantastic nostalgiafest for us and a great campaign for the public - I just hope we're not all overhyping the ride in our minds... like last time...
ImageSince 2008
seanyboyuk

It could be a good ride or it could be bad i think. What im expecting now is a room with 4 drop towers and in the middle some type of anitronics and projection effects. The pre show area may have some kind of live actors and possibly some in the main ride area and on the exit area a final jump scare moment.
Bubbaride

I don't think we will be getting live actors, they'll just have recordings or something
seanyboyuk

Oh ok, well lets hope they do during scarefest.
JoshC

I'm sure I've heard that there will be actors, and ride staff theming :D
Bear

JoshC wrote: I'm sure I've heard that there will be actors, and ride staff theming :D
Yeah, at least for a week or so!  :D
Islander

Actors would be great, but I'd imagine very difficult with drop towers - they'd obviously have to keep well, well clear of the drop zones, and given that the ride will presumably be in darkness that won't be easy, so I can't see it even being considered. Although no reason they couldn't have a couple in the fake lifts I guess.

Themed ride staff, however... well, we can but hope...
Adam

I think it's fairly likely that actors will be used. Probably during the pre and post shows as I'm sure someone said the "lifts" don't contain screens, so I can only assume actors will be used during the "lift" scenes to build the story.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Nora

Islander wrote: Actors would be great, but I'd imagine very difficult with drop towers - they'd obviously have to keep well, well clear of the drop zones, and given that the ride will presumably be in darkness that won't be easy, so I can't see it even being considered.
Well, Towers is no Phannyland! :)

Welcome to the Alton Towers Resort - Where the magic never ends! has ended.
JoshC

I dont think actors would be allowed in the drop zone, I was more thinking that they would be in the pre-show to set up the scene.
Bote

If we are seeing actors then personally I'd expect nothing more than a few staff on walkabout around the ride, like we saw with the Wraiths. As for staff theming, probably nothing more than a few jackets/labcoats or something like the hi-vis jackets worn on Hex.
SAM93

The thing about costumed staff is you have to think about their comfort in day to day working life, so as nice as it would be to have the ride hosts wearing the full body radiation suits and gas masks that we saw during Scarefest/Fireworks, it won't happen. Firstly they would be far far to hot wearing that inside the ride building, and secondly, the mask etc would restrict their vision and communication, which is a vital aspect in providing safety to all guests on the ride.

So in my opinion, it will be nothing more than a high-vis vest Ala Hex, or as Bote said possibly a Lab-coat. It is however far more likely that the people batching into the preshow will be the ones with the costumes etc. But, we shall just have to wait and see.
Poison Tom 96

if they can have themed staff in a preshow (Ala Dungeons is like a massive preshow)  it would be epic
Longy

New Tweet:

Civilians requested to give evidence on strange occurrences 18 years ago.

I think they know something...
Voke

Longy wrote: New Tweet:

I'm intrigued, what do they 'know'? Has something major happened that I'm not aware of?  :?
Longy

Voke wrote:
Longy wrote: New Tweet:

I'm intrigued, what do they 'know'? Has something major happened that I'm not aware of?  :?
Very funny.
For the people that have been asleep for 18 years, it's when Nemesis opened...
Of course we all knew that! :P
Adam

Guys, is this new:

http://www.altontowers.com/nemesis-sub- ... rs-wanted/

Asking for people who rode Nemesis in 1994 to apply to preview Sub Terra.
Last edited by Adam on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boz

yes it is
damnit i first rode in 1997

well annoyed :x
Adam

Thing is, how can they prove if you rode in 1994 or not... It has a place on the form to upload a photo but it dosen't specify if this has to be an ORP or anything. I just don't see how they would know.