NO SPOILERS - 2012: Nemesis Sub-Terra... Part 2

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Blaze

But it is new. The whole point of the ride is it's just been built.
siralgenon

I understand what you mean, but I just think all the shiny metal makes it look too new, and whats with the massive open space between the exit and the baggage claim? It just needs filling with something?
djtruefitt

Shipping container anyone?

I have just had a look at the photos and it does look nice, but its hard to tell what it looks like overall from the photos. Im trying to avoid all spoilers for this now, I dont want another TH13TEEN :P
thefatone

As mentioned in the other topic - it's not meant to look new. There are faded bits on it.
barmy_scotty

Age limit has been slapped on terry by film chiefs... 12A marketing stunt?
J01N U5.... Y0U W1LL 5M173.....

Y0U B370NG T0 TH3 5M1L3R

5M1L3!!!

ALWAY5
muttlee

barmy_scotty wrote: Age limit has been slapped on terry by film chiefs... 12A marketing stunt?
Almost certainly! For one the BBFC were invited in by AT. They have never been involved in this kind of experience - they are a media classification organisation...

"The BBFC is an independent, self-financing and not-for-profit media content regulator. We operate transparent, consistent and trusted co-regulatory and self-regulatory classification and labelling systems in the UK."

It would be nice if this indicated a filmatic quality to Terry though!

EDIT: If people haven't seen where this has come from, there is a newspaper article from the Sun that is posted in the spoilers topic as it contains an artists impression of inside Terry...

Selected quotes from the article...

"The British Board of Film Classification moved after examining the Nemesis Sub-Terra at Alton Towers.

Until now the BBFC has only dealt with films or games, but were called in by the park before the ride went live.

Bosses at Alton Towers decided to take advice after seeing testing panel results before the opening on March 24.

Now the film board has slapped it with a 12A certificate, meaning under 12s need an adult with them to go on it.

Murray Perkins, Senior Examiner at the BBFC said: "We are seeing a real blur of the old boundaries of visual content and physical experience in both 3D and 4D cinema, and at theme parks."...

...""After experiencing the attraction first-hand, based on 100 years of experience and line with British public opinion, we would recommend that Alton Towers Resort classify the new Nemesis Sub-Terra a 12A."...

..."It is based on the back story of the original Nemesis ride, which opened in 1994.

Spokesperson Katherine Duckworth said: "The classification is important for the resort to ensure the wellbeing of our guests.

"We are aware the enforcements that will now be implemented will mean that many of our younger visitors are unable to experience Nemesis Sub-Terra, which we are obviously concerned about.

"However, the Alton Towers Resort prides itself on offering a variety of rides for all ages and we hope that those under the age of 12 will continue to enjoy our other attractions.""
Last edited by muttlee on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't_Look_Down

Where have we heard this marketing nonsense before?

I take it Jack Osbourne, AKA Director Of Fear, won't be putting in an appearance on opening day?
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
Benzin

To be fair, it's not the worst marketing the park have ever done, and it actually links into the ride a lot better than just using "ULTIMATE" and the like...
Burgess Appleton

The advert for Sub-Terra has been shown on Channel 4 this morning. I have posted a description of the advert in the Spoiler topic if anyone is interested.
Anthony

The BBFC?! What do they know?!

Included in this "100 years of experience" is a period of ridiculously strict censorship of films and they're still doing it today with films and games!

Who are these people that know what is best for grown adults? Do they think we're idiots who are going to copy everything we see on screen?

BBFC, my arse!
meames

A new picture in The Sun (well, I havn't seen this photo before), not sure if its a spoiler or not, so just a link for anybody who doesn't want to see - it sounds like a shot from the advert:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... r-12s.html
Islander

Anthony wrote:Who are these people that know what is best for grown adults?
Given their strictest ratings of 18/R18 only prohibit those under 18, they quite clearly don't profess to knowing what's best for 'grown adults' at all, only kids ;)

I... actually quite like this stunt, and really can't believe I'm saying that. I think it's because unlike previous age restriction rubbish, this isn't just 'self-certified', but has been certified by an external, non-biased organisation, who's ratings seem generally sound.
Pennywise

Islander wrote: Given their strictest ratings of 18/R18 only prohibit those under 18, they quite clearly don't profess to knowing what's best for 'grown adults' at all, only kids ;)
They banned The Human Centipede 2, or at least tried to (and it was only passed WITH cuts, meaning that select scenes have indeed been banned). A Serbian Film, also forcibly cut... I'm going off-topic here, but there are occasions whereby the BBFC have attempted to restrict the viewing of grown adults through outright bans.

:)

Oh, and the advert isn't really a spoiler, is it? -
Last edited by Pennywise on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fredward

That advert is incredible! This and the swarm advert! Looking like a fantastic year for marketing!! :)
Benjy Alton Towers Kid

The advert is a bit.. strange!! The age rating has definetely boosted the fear and intensity of the attraction and being comfirmed by the BBFC, at least we aren't going to get another hyped-up attracteion like 13 FAIL"

The article below is about the age rating, Enjoy!:
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/ride-too-scary ... 47917.html
Theme Parks are my way of life.

Benjy Alton Towers Kid :)
Keep smiling!!! :)
John

The BBC have picked up on the story - there's currently a picture of Nemesis on the front page of their news website (albeit the wrong way up) - here's a link to the full article
Poison Tom 96

Lovin' the advert. a brilliant thing as it gets interest but doesn't reveal all
BigAl

I love the new advert. Besides the fact that the above part which is supposed to be Alton Towers actually looks nothing like Alton Towers, or even a theme park for that matter, I like it. They need to stop using creepy little girls in their marketing though! :lol:
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Am I too guilliable to believe this strict rating. For TH13TEEN, I took it too seriously!

Advert is looking a bit odd to start with, but it seems to fit well and emphasizes on the scariest ride ever theme. Not too keen on the whispering... again. Many will associate it with TH13TEEN glad the rides first advert has it's name mentioned than rather just a teaser!
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
ponder

I think the advert is quite disappointing, after the standard set by The Swarm's ad. Presumably there were quite big budget differences between Thorpe and Alton's advertising though, especially as Alton have produced two adverts this year.

Loop - Roller coaster and Theme Park inspired T-shirts
http://looptees.com / https://www.facebook.com/looptps