NO SPOILERS - 2012: Nemesis Sub-Terra... Part 2

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Poison Tom 96

they haven't updated all the banners........ some still say Nemesis: what lies beneath?
Dobba

Looks like they've had the paint out in Forbidden Valley.

Source: CoasterMadMatt on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/coastermadmatt/)
Tom G

Get some air in that bloody tyre!
Chris W

Some photos from TowersTimes:

Expect a few more tonight when people get home from the meet. I know there are some photos from over the fence which other people have not got yet. (There isn't much to see though!)
Jiminy Cricket

its not going to be left in that awful corrugated green is it?
Chris W

Jiminy Cricket wrote: its not going to be left in that awful corrugated green is it?
I'm not sure about the green, but it looks from the plans that there will be some detail added to the building.

Blaze

It does look ugly right now, but the signage and detail should make it look better.
DomB

I think it looks good actually, fits as some sort of temporary military-style base.
siralgenon

It the moment it looks too 'new', it needs some rust, mud and hazard signs splatting on it  :P
DanB

Not very exciting but here are three pics of the Sub-Terra building. Apologies for the quality, it was very difficult to get these and I couldn't set the camera up beforehand.

Last edited by DanB on Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldgitBEN

Alton do love that corrugated green metal dont they!

CCL theatre
Hex building
Magic HQ
Charlies Lift building
Duel
Sub Terra

anyone would think they got it cheap, maybe corrugated metal sheets come on a bogof with shipping containers.
Bunbury

They're generally all green as it helps them get passed easier in the planning phase. By which I mean, they blend in with the surrounding greenery.
Big Dave

Yes, they have to have it this colour as do most other large buildings in Staffordshire. JCB for example also use this grass green colour. (Bearing in mind this factory is fairly old and has sunbleached)

Last edited by Big Dave on Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ripsaw Raver

And then we have the Ropers Churchill Pottery "barn" which is infact a white building with a big blue stripe stuck on it....yeah really practise what you preach, awesome shots of the sub-terra contruction. =]
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Jiminy Cricket

i really do hope they make it look weathered and rusty its looking like a wear house at the moment they had so much potential to theme this amazingly i pictured a broken mine entrance it seems these days everything is done on the cheap, fingers crossed they have gone all out inside  :D
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

siralgenon wrote: It the moment it looks too 'new', it needs some rust, mud and hazard signs splatting on it  :P
I agree, with a speaker attached with a siren on it. And maybe the sound of creaking.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
Dormiens-Dave

If anyone followed thirteen construction the building had a similar corrugated structure, the theming was then clad over the top of this. I don't think the building we could see on saturday is the final look of what we will get in march.
Voke

I'm pretty sure that the building we see during February Half-Term will not be how the structure looks at the start of the 2012 Season. The plans suggest a grey'ish/green'ish kind of corrugated look, so expect that, but it doesn't appear to have any cladding or any facades. But I don't think the building itself needs anything fancy; It is supposed to be a military unit! :P

Great pictures though Dan! 
Bote

I have to say after seeing the building over the weekend I was very surprised at how small it is. It really doesn't have much of a footprint, and the building seems quite tucked away. Aside from when standing in front of it the only area I think you'll really see it is when stood near the entrance to the valley on the path from Gloomy Wood. Once you pass Blade its not very exposed at all.

As much as it'd be nice to see it get some rust and stuff slapped on it I wouldn't be too surprised if they just slapped the graphics on and left it at that. It wouldn't look amazing but at the same time it's so small that it wouldn't be a complete eyesore and spoil anything else.
Last edited by Bote on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.