NO SPOILERS - 2012: Nemesis Sub-Terra... Part 2

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
corkscru74

Johno wrote: Not too sure as to what degree this constitutes amazing marketing.

To me it appears to be 2 images of the thing being constructed, a load of random nonsense tweets and the fact that a lot of people are amazed that they've managed to find towers times on the internet?

To the general public, I can't help but wonder if any of this makes any significant impact on them at all?
Ah, well this is what the industry delightfully calls "Viral Marketing". Aiming at the hardcore fans who are more enthusiastic about spreading the information.

Yes, ATL (above the line) advertising will surely follow i.e. Print campaign, TV spots etc. but what they're doing now is VERY clever. You see, they're not just sending out tweets, they're actively referencing and following their own followers. If you know someone's paying attention you're much more likely to interact e.g. pass on the info. They're not trying to get us excited (we're more than capable of that on our own), they're trying to get us to disseminate the information we're being sent to as many people as possible.

Anyone in advertising will tell you that the best form of marketing is word of mouth.

Keep it up AT!
Corky
TTF\'s Unofficial Marketing Guru
Being way too fond of his own opinion since 1983
Blaze

Surely the small recess under the towers is just so the seats are lower for easy access for shorter/disabled guests, or simply for part of the ride system itself, nothing to do with special effects or anything? Surely either of those is more likely?
themealgang

I'm gathering from the "significant progress" tweet, maybe the first test run took place today?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Voke

themealgang wrote: I'm gathering from the "significant progress" tweet, maybe the first test run took place today?
I certainly hope so, it's nice to see that the main ride mechanics may have been tested 2 months before the opening. It gives the impression that they're ahead of schedule. Maybe we'll see a 'We managed to test the machinery ...' Tweet pretty soon. This is getting rather interesting! :) 
siralgenon

Earlier the Phalanx commented that - 'At this stage the catacomb hasn't fully been discovered - it's believe to stretch several hundred feet under Forbidden Valley'

This proves that the elevators will make it look like you are traveling a lot further than you are i.e 100% more.
Last edited by siralgenon on Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spark

siralgenon wrote: Earlier the Phalanx commented that - 'At this stage the catacomb hasn't fully been discovered - it's believe to stretch several hundred feet under Forbidden Valley'

This proves that the elevators will make it look like you are traveling a lot further than you i.e 100% more.
Or those caves that were mentioned my have something to do with it?
nemesismad

Been thinking for a few hours now, what proof do we have this is towers doing this ?. I have a mate on fb who tells me a few days back that he had construction images of sub terra but couldnt send them on as proof to me as he could get into trouble. Funny how a day after he made this claim a twitter account appears with teasing images and photos, coinsidence ? I asked him are the images phalanx control are uploading the onex he had but couldnt show me and he said yes. Just thought i would share this with everyone and i could be completley wrong but we really dont know for sure if its towers or a towers geek messing around.    Summert to think about i guess
mrbrightside

nemesismad wrote: Been thinking for a few hours now, what proof do we have this is towers doing this ?. I have a mate on fb who tells me a few days back that he had construction images of sub terra but couldnt send them on as proof to me as he could get into trouble. Funny how a day after he made this claim a twitter account appears with teasing images and photos, coinsidence ? I asked him are the images phalanx control are uploading the onex he had but couldnt show me and he said yes. Just thought i would share this with everyone and i could be completley wrong but we really dont know for sure if its towers or a towers geek messing around.    Summert to think about i guess
If it was 'just' a geek it wouldn't have this much effort put in, it wouldn't be so consistent and it would almost certainly have been shut down by Towers by now.

Besides, a couple of days ago someone saw the Alton Towers twitter tweet something clearly meant for Phalanx by accident - so they are linked.
ImageImage
JaykeAT

new tweet:

Any Civilians needing to utilise the Talisman Pin should communicate immediately
nemesismad

Ahhh well that puts that to bed, its been on my mind today and seemed one hell of a coincidence.
JaykeAT

just thought i'd share it as it could be part of the pre or after show
Islander

New video released. Doesn't show anything new at all, just shots from around the site at the end of last season. Cool nonetheless.
Voke

This video has just been shared by the Phalanx Control Twitter, and even thought it was uploaded in October 2011, this is the first time I've actually seen this. Interesting. Nothing we haven't already discussed though.

The Tweet is :- 'Forbidden Valley area of Alton Towers contained -06/10/11-'
themealgang

Its the first time too I have seen that video. I don't really like it; it seems cheaply made by a clever GCSE Media Student. At least that is in the past now, but I still find it interesting that us lot have let that clip go unnoticed.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
The gibon

as the followers on twitter have to be 666 (which is the devils number) i reckon the next update will be impresive
Voke

themealgang wrote: Its the first time too I have seen that video. I don't really like it; it seems cheaply made by a clever GCSE Media Student. At least that is in the past now, but I still find it interesting that us lot have let that clip go unnoticed.
I totally agree, as if you didn't watch this, you wouldn't lose anything. But as it was created for a separate Youtube Channel dedicated to Sub-Terra, and not the Alton Towers official one, I wasn't expecting anything spectacular.

It's the thought that counts I guess. :)
Adam

That video is awful! Extremely unprofessional. I hope that's not a towers creation otherwise this marketing is taking a turn for the worst...!
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Voke

I'm pretty sure this was created by the Towers, as the Phalanx Control Twitter linked to it. So I guess we can assume that it's official.
pluk

Oh come on. It's a cheap little addition to the marketing to keep us amused.

It is clearly supposed to be along the lines of Phalanx explorers recording what they are finding as they go, which if it were happening would probably look like that. They are unlikely to be taking Spielberg with them on their little expedition are they?
Total Unique Ridecount
Voke

Just checked out the Twitter account, only 54 followers needed until we hit 666 and a new piece of information is to be revealed! Any guesses to what it might be? :)