NO SPOILERS - 2012: Nemesis Sub-Terra... Part 2

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
DomB

Sam wrote: So presuming the lifts are fake, and the towers are top-loaded...

Are we to assume that one of the ideas of the ride is to trick riders into thinking it's a bottom-loaded drop tower, and then surprise them by dropping rather than rising?
I would love that, might certainly shock a few people!
Tom G

Nathan wrote:
Tom G wrote:
Nathan wrote: The lifts are fake. They're the same as CATCF, only smaller and without the screens.
The movement aspect will be a cool experience.

Nathan, is it still your understanding that the towers will be six-seaters?
I haven't heard anything since to suggest otherwise.
How disappointing. 24 riders per cycle makes for crazy-bad throughput or ridiculously quick loading/unloading and/or a ridiculously short cycle.

Also, why is everyone going on about the egg in such a concrete fashion? Is it just based on the small one in that promotional image?
smudge.

I think someone who has been proven to be reliable posted it a while back. I remember having to highlight some White text? Was it Nathan maybe? Or the guy that posted that 1st construction pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ripsaw Raver

i personly hope they have a fake track section above to tower to look like it goes to the surface then it lifts just a little( few inches maybe) screens come on in the room showing the a Phalanx security cam in the catacombs and the egg hatching, then the camera getting broken (fuzzyness)  then we here a roar or screech of what lurks below breaking metal and then lights go out and you drop.
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
adsyrah

It was Nathan who mentioned the egg.

He's been right about all of the ride so far, so I trust him on this one :)
Tom G

Are we to assume that one of the ideas of the ride is to trick riders into thinking it's a bottom-loaded drop tower, and then surprise them by dropping rather than rising?
That's a very interesting point! A dummy half tower could be bolted on top of the actual lifting half so when you enter the chamber you see what appears at first glance as  amini Extremis clone in its usual bottom-loading format.

One of the pictures posted seemed to indicate that the towers were taller than the single 5-6m structures posted layed down in the car park. This could have been the process of a dummy tower bing bolted on top of the actual lifting half.

..If you're with me :lol:
ATJoseph

^ I understand what you mean,and as a decoration they could place nemesis tentacles on the fake track.
:)
Longy

Is it possible that the ride could start half way up the drop, drop down as if it's a lift, and then shoot back up as the Nemesis egg is hatching, and then some tentacles pull you back down.
You then just manage to get out before the monster grabs you.
Wouldn't this be why they've built above ground also, apart from looking better and so people notice the ride.
Dylan

I wouldn't go hoping for anything too complicated!!
I'm basing my expectations on a single drop for now :)
Ripsaw Raver

I think looking at the what we saw of the tower in the 1st construc pic we wasnt looking at the full thing, if anything the bottom probobly, if the new track pic was a dummy surely they wouldnt go to so much effort to show a mechanism, i think were looking at slight lift as before drop(4d show)extremis style chain lift to top again with a possible final suprise drop to have some very close incounters face to face sorta thing with whats down there. then chain up to top again maybe,i dunno just a concept

Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Islander

Given what the ABC towers feel like whilst rising (slow and rather cumbersome), I can't really imagine them being capable of any kind of 'shooting up'...

Anyway, new pic:

Morgano

Guys I'm going out on a limb here but I've stated this multiple times now that I personally believe there won't be any initial drop. Firstly it's going to be hard to convince people they will be going up a drop tower when the loading point is the highest point of the tower.

The ride will work somewhat as follows: your going inside a construction site, you've gone down lifts (fake ones) and your going to be loaded on to a ride. It's going to be easy to have the ride operators as excavation/authorised personal to add to the experience. I expect your mission will be to go deeper underground to find out what lies beneath. You'll be briefed of your mission in the lift and ride personal will strap you in to the ride (for safety reasons). Think of it as a cave exploration and the staff are about to lower you down.

I imagine the pit will be dark and slightly smokey (not too much for Health and safety). The lights in the loading zone will dim / go off and you'll be lowered down. (I'm certain there will be no initial drop just a gentle exploration lowering to the pit).

With some special effects and lighting we'll be introduced to the nemesis egg, some clever animatronics will give the impression the egg is hatching and the effects will start to intensify (I bet the lighting will flicker before eventually turning off). There will be some panic, flashing lights some warning noises that the egg has hatched and the monster has escaped. You'll here announcements from the crew that there evacuating and they'll get you out of there, the ride moves upwards but there's a problem, the lights upstairs in the loading area flicker and a loud noise is heard, the ride suddenly drops...

There is more panic now, perhaps we'll see glimpses of the monster and some 4D effects giving us the impression that it's very near. The crew will try to evacuate again but the hoist will fail causing you to fall again. Something will happen and the creature will be subdued (perhaps a smoke effect giving the impression the creature has been gassed). The crew will take control upstairs and the ride will be hoisted to safety.

The staff will evacuate you and lead you to the exit lifts where riders will be debriefed regarding the situation.

(Based on the top loading, I imagine the ride will follow this quite closely...) btw when I talk about staff announcements these will probably be pre-recorded, the only actors will be the ride operators).
SIMR

This makes so much sense!!

The lifts are there to simulate descending underground, and then once you enter the ride chamber, you think that a) you have gone a long way down and b) the ride will take you up because you are walking on a floor so it seems you are as far down as possible, whereas in actual fact you are at the top of the tower. Thus, when the ride drops, it takes you (well, the GP) by complete surprise and shocks them more because they expect it to go up. This is actually quite cleverly thought out, so if this is what it is to be, well done Alton!
Ripsaw Raver

but will general public ie not us towers mad people expect it to go up, or down it think to the unknown general public they will be completly oblivios to the experience ahead tbh. as long as Towers dont do a give it all away advert. I personaly hope for an ad we have a Phalanx logo pop up on our tellys then people sat down then another phalanx logo then everyone in the seats looking very scared and the camera pans back away and creatures are seen scutteling across the floor and walls then the it fadeds to darkness with screams then a flash of the ridelogo.

Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Crumpet Muncher

Morgano wrote: Guys I'm going out on a limb here but I've stated this multiple times now that I personally believe there won't be any initial drop. Firstly it's going to be hard to convince people they will be going up a drop tower when the loading point is the highest point of the tower.

The ride will work somewhat as follows: your going inside a construction site, you've gone down lifts (fake ones) and your going to be loaded on to a ride. It's going to be easy to have the ride operators as excavation/authorised personal to add to the experience. I expect your mission will be to go deeper underground to find out what lies beneath. You'll be briefed of your mission in the lift and ride personal will strap you in to the ride (for safety reasons). Think of it as a cave exploration and the staff are about to lower you down.

I imagine the pit will be dark and slightly smokey (not too much for Health and safety). The lights in the loading zone will dim / go off and you'll be lowered down. (I'm certain there will be no initial drop just a gentle exploration lowering to the pit).

With some special effects and lighting we'll be introduced to the nemesis egg, some clever animatronics will give the impression the egg is hatching and the effects will start to intensify (I bet the lighting will flicker before eventually turning off). There will be some panic, flashing lights some warning noises that the egg has hatched and the monster has escaped. You'll here announcements from the crew that there evacuating and they'll get you out of there, the ride moves upwards but there's a problem, the lights upstairs in the loading area flicker and a loud noise is heard, the ride suddenly drops...

There is more panic now, perhaps we'll see glimpses of the monster and some 4D effects giving us the impression that it's very near. The crew will try to evacuate again but the hoist will fail causing you to fall again. Something will happen and the creature will be subdued (perhaps a smoke effect giving the impression the creature has been gassed). The crew will take control upstairs and the ride will be hoisted to safety.

The staff will evacuate you and lead you to the exit lifts where riders will be debriefed regarding the situation.

(Based on the top loading, I imagine the ride will follow this quite closely...) btw when I talk about staff announcements these will probably be pre-recorded, the only actors will be the ride operators).

Whilst that all sounds good, I highly doubt we'll see a sequence anywhere near as lengthy as that. I'd bank on a single drop, they've gotta get people through the ride as quick as they can.

Furthermore, lowering you into the pit  before dropping you would waste all of the effort of trying to trick people into thinking they enter the ride at the bottom to give that surprise when it drops.
Dexter Harry

Hi peeps been lurking in the background for quite a while now but hey ho,
This might have been covered already but what if there was to be a sequence similar to back to the future ride{when it was about} where the ride only moves ever so slightly but with the right angle of the ride ie leaning in & screens at the bottom to make it look like your falling a long way down to reveal the egg and the story.
SpinballEdders

Dexter Harry wrote: Hi peeps been lurking in the background for quite a while now but hey ho,
This might have been covered already but what if there was to be a sequence similar to back to the future ride{when it was about} where the ride only moves ever so slightly but with the right angle of the ride ie leaning in & screens at the bottom to make it look like your falling a long way down to reveal the egg and the story.
Hi there, welcome to Towers Times :)

Now you're saying that Sub Terra is going to be a motion simulator like Back To The Future? I highly doubt that as Motion Simulators aren't as popular as they were in the 90's, I would like to see one at Alton though. :)
Voke

SpinballEdders wrote:
Dexter Harry wrote: Hi peeps been lurking in the background for quite a while now but hey ho,

Now you're saying that Sub Terra is going to be a motion simulator like Back To The Future? I highly doubt that as Motion Simulators aren't as popular as they were in the 90's, I would like to see one at Alton though. :)
Isn't a 4D Cinema pretty much an up to date Motion Simulator? There's one opening this upcoming season! :)

But back on topic, the 'Phalanx Control' Twitter has just revealed this :-
'next photographic transmission is scheduled for 666 followers -ends-'

Better get retweeting guys!
Last edited by Voke on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dexter Harry

SpinballEdders wrote:

Hi not full moitionless but a smaller drop than 13,but wi the right video & audio it would give the feeling of a much larger drop, there could be constant breeze from under you as if you aint gonna stop
Tom G

I'm sorry but if anyone is expecting the tower sequence to be an elaborate up down in out shake it all about event they have another think coming with six-seater towers.