NO SPOILERS - 2012: Nemesis Sub-Terra... Part 2

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Rocket

Is it 4 separate towers facing in? Or one towers with 4 side all facing out?
Sorry, I was a bit confused on that matter.
themealgang

siralgenon wrote: As iv'e noticed from the Extremis attractions and the ride parts for SUB-TERRA - the ride pieces are all painted plain black, does anyone think or know if the ride vehicles will be themed and rustic or will they just be black too?
I hope the ride seats are themed in some way or another! On Extremis, they appear to have a "rustic" look to them. I can see something developing along those lines, but considering that Sub Terra is supposed to be a larger attraction that Extremis, we might see a few more elements of theming on the cars.... so I hope.  [-o<

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Voke

SamJ wrote: Is it 4 separate towers facing in? Or one towers with 4 side all facing out?
It's 4 separate Towers facing in to what's believed an 'Animatronic Nemesis Egg'. Although non of us are aware of the ride sequence, so we're unable to confirm how it does this. :)
siralgenon

SamJ wrote: Is it 4 separate towers facing in? Or one towers with 4 side all facing out?
It's 4 towers facing into the centre  :)
ATJoseph

For some wierd reason i want this to have over the shoulder restratints?  :)
DomB

How are people meant to go about boarding the ride, if it is top-boarding?

Or am I missing something really obvious..
Last edited by DomB on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ATJoseph

there is floor in the lower section of the (Shed Warehouse thing) and there you will board the ride
after wards you will go up an elevator in to the post show room from the Bottom of the pit!  :O
Last edited by ATJoseph on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dormiens-Dave

Actually its believed the rides board at the top level.
djtruefitt

Im guessing it would make more sense to load at the top, espeically if you board a "lift" that takes you deep underground. It would make no sense to then get on the ride and go back up again, only to drop. Then there is the exit "lift", it would make much more sense to go back to ground level after dropping.

However I wonder if after the drop you will go back up on the ride, or if the 2nd lift will be a real lift to take you up again?
AT TeeJay

For anyone asking what the setup will look like it will be very similar to Mystery Castle it will differ in operating. Haven't looked at topic in a while so don't know if this has already been mentioned but the promotional pictures indicate the egg will be the center piece to the ride like the fallen branch is to Hex. So lifted to the peak off the tower where the egg is lit up maybe some wind effects etc and your then dropped? Just an idea.
Last edited by AT TeeJay on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---- You\'d Better Not Go Alone ---
Vladimir Bobinski

djtruefitt wrote: Im guessing it would make more sense to load at the top, espeically if you board a "lift" that takes you deep underground. It would make no sense to then get on the ride and go back up again, only to drop. Then there is the exit "lift", it would make much more sense to go back to ground level after dropping.

However I wonder if after the drop you will go back up on the ride, or if the 2nd lift will be a real lift to take you up again?
There are exit lifts.  They are specifically labelled that on the published plans..  There are 4 lift shafts on the plans, 2 at far sides of the building.
Morgano

Yikes some of you need to look at the plans. You enter the fake lift at ground level. You leave the lift at ground level (it's fake). You get on the ride at ground level and get lowered to the pit. I'm assuming you have a struggle with the monster and you'll go up and down before eventually making it to safety at ground level. Here you board another fake lift which exits also on ground level.
Vladimir Bobinski

Morgano wrote: Yikes some of you need to look at the plans. You enter the fake lift at ground level. You leave the lift at ground level (it's fake). You get on the ride at ground level and get lowered to the pit. I'm assuming you have a struggle with the monster and you'll go up and down before eventually making it to safety at ground level. Here you board another fake lift which exits also on ground level.
Wait, then what on earth is the point of the lifts other than needless showmanship?  Fake lift simulators seem like an investment of their own and just an over complication.  What you describe you are getting on the ride half way up the tower, or even the top?  :|

Clearly you need to go down to get to the ride itself anyway, even if it is part of the experience.

The plans clearly show the lifts have double sided doors, which it makes that clearly possible, but that would only be true if you were getting on towers at the equivalent of ground level entering the attraction.

Clearly I would have thought the give away that is not a fake lift is the mandatory fire escape stairwell.

Last edited by Vladimir Bobinski on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ATJoseph

Morgano the second lifts are not fake, they take you to the post show room after you have dropped into the pit
after the pre show i beleve you will ride a lift (simulated as the stag) that takes you one storey high to ride the drop tower
Vladimir Bobinski

Having given my previous most more thought, I could only the imagine the scenario of "fake" lifts under the story pretence of dropping down underground, further than the mind would imagine with the dimensions of the construct of the building itself.  But they will lower you for the purpose of accessing the attraction.

Almost as if you were involved in journey to the centre of the earth.

I'm to work out what story/setting would work and wouldn't be daft, which could be quite easy.

I find the idea of fake lifts to not actually physically go down at all completely to load on the ride, ground height, daft and could be achieved some other way.
Dylan

Vladimir Bobinski wrote: Having given my previous most more thought, I could only the imagine the scenario of "fake" lifts under the story pretence of dropping down underground, further than the mind would imagine with the dimensions of the construct of the building itself.  But they will lower you for the purpose of accessing the attraction.

Almost as if you were involved in journey to the centre of the earth.

I'm to work out what story/setting would work and wouldn't be daft, which could be quite easy.

I find the idea of fake lifts to not actually physically go down at all completely to load on the ride, ground height, daft and could be achieved some other way.
Have you been on Men in Black at Universal Studios? They have a similar lift scenario between pre show and the ride.
The lifts will be part of story, to add an extra dimension to guests who do not know every detail of the experience before riding!
Bubbaride

As for the "fake" lifts, they can't take you to the lower level as in pervious construction pictures the concrete was already being filled in. I believe these lifts are too add to the atmosphere, expelling the story swell as making the loading and unloading of the ride more smooth...... so each fake lift lasts along as the towers do. Once exciting the lifts you simply walk straight onto the ride...
I hope I make sense
Vladimir Bobinski

ATJoseph wrote: There are four towers all connected to walls if you cant see them there here:
see i cant wait but wheres this nemesis egg going to go if there at the bottom of the pit
Well that blows the idea of the ABC Prototype tower out of the water.
Vladimir Bobinski

Bubbaride wrote: As for the "fake" lifts, they can't take you to the lower level as in pervious construction pictures the concrete was already being filled in. I believe these lifts are too add to the atmosphere, expelling the story swell as making the loading and unloading of the ride more smooth...... so each fake lift lasts along as the towers do. Once exciting the lifts you simply walk straight onto the ride...
I hope I make sense
You do, it's the same conclusion I am coming to, otherwise you might as well have a rampway down.
Cheese

Let's not forget that the lifts aren't just there to build the story and perhaps some tension; they're more than likely there to improve throughput as well. After all, if I understand or imagine it correctly, they'll allow an extra group of riders to be within the building prior to boarding the towers. Some slick operation will be needed though if Hex's 'group in front exiting' issue from last season is to be avoided here.