NO SPOILERS - 2012: Nemesis Sub-Terra... Part 2

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
pluk

c'mon - 1 more follow required....
Total Unique Ridecount
Rollercoasters4Life

I looked at the number of followers and it went from 148 just straight down to 128 within a reload of a few seconds! Come on people, follow them. Even if you haven't got a twitter account, make one just so we can find out more! :D

EDIT: We have hit 150 exactly!
Boz

i think i have worked out why there is such an amount of additional space at the back of the right hand tower.
the access stairs are shown in the plans as sticking out the side of the pit how ever i think that this, additional depth has been excavated all the way along 8)

edit:added pic- you can see the difference in wall length between my version (which is accurate to 0.5m) and the wall in the construction pic

ATR2012 V2-10 by boz2014, on Flickr
Last edited by Boz on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johno

Whilst it shows the exact concrete build on the plans, I believe the 'footwell' at the bottom will be covered by some kind of metal studding, to allow guests to disembark if required.

Dobba

And, right on cue, Twitter dies on its arse.
Boz

my point was that the space at the REAR of the tower marked in your pic in turquoise, is not in the plans, as excavated space which is why the recess there looks like it goes further back than the rest 8)
DomB

More!

Boz

oh come on!
that doesn't give me much to work on god damnit! :help:

cool though 8)
Dobba

Good luck finding any hidden clues in that photo :P
Nightfall

I’ve found one!!! There’s a shipping container!
[align=center]Image[/align]
DomB

I'm sure they'll be more!

They seem pretty active at the moment...

:)
Boz

really? i'm not seeing it  :P
i wouldn't dream of disputing the claim though, i though we would have seen loads by now

edit: i see it now the green thingy in front of it put me off
Last edited by Boz on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smudge.

Suddenly become more interested in twitter... Might actually use it now  :oops:

Someone mentioned a big crane being on park (i think someone copied it from CF if my memory serves me well), that was AGES ago which leaves me to believe this was taken ages ago.

Hopefully we will be drip fed photos of the construction until the general marketing begins.

Again, I think this is a great way for AT to promote the ride. Getting us excited, probably by the end of the week 2,000 people will have heard about/seen the pictures. I know I for one have already told about 20 people in the last hour or so.
Granted, probably 2 of them were actually listening, but now it is in their head and when/if they see an advert or hear someone talking they will know what it is about. Word-of-mouth is a very powerful tool, especially on the internet.

Every aspect of the ride/marketing so far has been dealt with brilliantly and I just hope it doesn't get too OTT nearer the time.
pluk

It's taken from an angle to make it look really tall, but as we know, it's not. The ladder and flori jacket give it some scale.
Total Unique Ridecount
sixstringhotshot88

interesting
demz_4

hows the model coming along Boz?? can't wait to see it
demz_4

new on twitter:

alton_towers Alton Towers Resort

Unauthorised personnel discovered accessing data and attempting to infiltrate plans - sites are being monitored #sub_terra
Voke

After looking at both images, I really am starting to feel even more excited for Sub-Terra, as the marketing/construction pictures really do bring back the good old memories of the TH13TEEN Flikr page that was once active with all the updates, so hopefully the Twitter account will follow suite! :)

I'm also pretty sure that these pictures were taken quite a while ago, as the Drop-Towers were spotted in the car-park just over three weeks ago, and the Closed Season pictures that were uploaded a few days ago, but then taken down, show that the building for Sub-Terra has been constructed. So theses pictures must be over a week or two old, at least! Nevertheless, any construction pictures are welcome, and I can't wait to see how this all turns out!
demz_4

whaaaaat :( i never saw any photos of the building it self :( where were they posted?
Boz

demz_4 wrote: hows the model coming along Boz?? can't wait to see it
have now finished the blade entrance features, and i've aligned most of the fencing textures so they display properly only 4 more buildings, as well as the nemesis junk at the top of FV to go, and then the musical graves and statues in haunted hollow to do. then its just the unknown aspects of the new ride but i will re release it with those after i have ridden the ride and seen it in all it's glory

ATR2012 V2-11 by boz2014, on Flickr

also i have had a reply from Squiggles (who incidentally spelt my name wrong on the ST page "Bowell" its actually Boswell) that TT will host the completed file. so you can all look forward to that 8)
Last edited by Boz on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.