NO SPOILERS - 2012: Nemesis Sub-Terra... Part 2

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
AstroDan

I got checked for radiation yesterday. And then ushered away from the area!!

:D

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
thefatone

I like the little cards they're giving out - however the way they did it "it's for a new ride next year" was bit poo.

However, seeing them later checking for radiation was brilliant. Join that and giving them a card once being checked together, and we've got a perfect team!
mrbrightside

This topic is so full of lol...

I'm just excited its a new ride, and am happy at that - no matter what it is tbh.
ImageImage
PeteMadden

How did I not even know about this until today?! This had made my day though I'll tell you that! This was so out of the blue...my last visit to Alton Towers was August and there was absolutely no sign of a new ride!
However I'm not sure on something, is this a completely new ride or is this almost a kind of extension on the original Nemesis just to help add the affect?
Adam James

[quote=""PeteMadden""]How did I not even know about this until today?! This had made my day though I'll tell you that! This was so out of the blue...my last visit to Alton Towers was August and there was absolutely no sign of a new ride!
However I'm not sure on something, is this a completely new ride or is this almost a kind of extension on the original Nemesis just to help add the affect?[/quote]
It's a completely new ride Pete, on the former location of Dynamo in Forbidden Valley.
The micro site can be found here.. http://www.altontowers.com/2012/

On another note, I can't find any evidence that confirms it is whether four ABC drop towers or one ABC dark ride tower - this is where Harvard Referencing should be enforced for rumours and gossip methinks.. :P
Last edited by Adam James on Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeteMadden

[quote=""Adam James""][quote=""PeteMadden""]How did I not even know about this until today?! This had made my day though I'll tell you that! This was so out of the blue...my last visit to Alton Towers was August and there was absolutely no sign of a new ride!
However I'm not sure on something, is this a completely new ride or is this almost a kind of extension on the original Nemesis just to help add the affect?[/quote]
It's a completely new ride Pete, on the former location of Dynamo in Forbidden Valley.

On another note, I can't find any evidence that confirms it is weither four ABC drop towers or one ABC dark ride tower - this is where Harvard Referencing should be enforced for rumours and gossip methinks.. :P[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up, great to see that AT are getting the most that they can out of Nemesis! Hmmm, I'd much prefer a dark ride tower, but I guess it is lacking a good drop tower, either way I know I'll get on this ride and enjoy every second of it!
So this opens as soon as the main season begins again in 2012? Or will it be later on?
lozzyhickers

[quote=""PeteMadden""][quote=""Adam James""][quote=""PeteMadden""]How did I not even know about this until today?! This had made my day though I'll tell you that! This was so out of the blue...my last visit to Alton Towers was August and there was absolutely no sign of a new ride!

On another note, I can't find any evidence that confirms it is weither four ABC drop towers or one ABC dark ride tower - this is where Harvard Referencing should be enforced for rumours and gossip methinks.. :P[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up, great to see that AT are getting the most that they can out of Nemesis! Hmmm, I'd much prefer a dark ride tower, but I guess it is lacking a good drop tower, either way I know I'll get on this ride and enjoy every second of it!
So this opens as soon as the main season begins again in 2012? Or will it be later on?[/quote]

The beginning of the season as usual i'd expect :)
BSwiss

[quote=""lozzyhickers""][quote=""PeteMadden""][quote=""Adam James""][quote=""PeteMadden""]How did I not even know about this until today?! This had made my day though I'll tell you that! This was so out of the blue...my last visit to Alton Towers was August and there was absolutely no sign of a new ride!

So this opens as soon as the main season begins again in 2012? Or will it be later on?[/quote]

I know its not the most reliable of sources but I was talking to the girl in the annual pass booth when I renewed mine last week and she seemed to be under the impression that it was going to be a summer opening.

The beginning of the season as usual i'd expect :)[/quote]
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

It would had to open at the start of the season as we can expect some heavy marketing.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
adsyrah

Just caught up with this thread after being away from the weekend.

I'm inclined to believe Nathan for one reason alone - he has been bang on the money with everything he's said about this ride over the past few months. Down to the type, manufacturer and even the theme (he's mentioned lifts and 'Catacombs' waaay before we knew about the Nemesis tie-in).

Now, if what he has said is true I'm VERY excited about this ride. I'm like a broken record about this, but if this ride is anything like ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter then we are indeed in for a big treat. Actually, an even bigger treat considering there will be a drop to enjoy too.
Nathan

Just to add a bit of fuel to the fire...

October edition of Park World Magazine.
Wizzy

Found this on my travels, a nice view of the site from the monorail as of Saturday. Thanks to Morgan from Towers Nerd. :)

- Wizzy :D
Jollylee11

Nathan i hate how right you are ;)
I guess ill have to hope with the drop towers now i guess :/ Upsetting but oh well
Who's your source, we need to know!
Jordan

[quote=""Wizzy""]Found this on my travels, a nice view of the site from the monorail as of Saturday. Thanks to Morgan from Towers Nerd. :)[/quote]

Nice pic, but it's not from the monorail ;-) It's been taken over the fence from the path to Gloomy Wood, now that the trees have been felled. You can see the monorail track to the right :-)
Tommy

Where does the derelict part of the Nemesis queue run in relation to the new ride?
Wizzy

[quote=""Jordan""][quote=""Wizzy""]Found this on my travels, a nice view of the site from the monorail as of Saturday. Thanks to Morgan from Towers Nerd. :)[/quote]

Nice pic, but it's not from the monorail ;-) It's been taken over the fence from the path to Gloomy Wood, now that the trees have been felled. You can see the monorail track to the right :-)[/quote]
Ah - my bad. I hadn't properly looked at the photo! Thanks. :)

- Wizzy :D
SAM93

[quote=""Nathan""]Just to add a bit of fuel to the fire...

October edition of Park World Magazine.
Image[/quote]

I know you keep posting this, and say that it is just 4 Extremis Towers, but could it not just be slightly lost in translation?

As in, could it not be in relation to the fact that there are 4 ride cars around the one tower of the Vertical Dark Ride concept? Thus sort of making is 4 simultaneously running drop towers yet it is only one ride? After all, it does say 'similar' to those found at the dungeons attractions, that will form park of a wider 'Dark Ride' concept.

Just a possible different view on the wording of the article, which fits in more with what most of the rumors seemed to suggest!
Tommy

I think that you can definitely look at what it means in a few different ways. It does also say 4 freefall "towers" which can be read to mean 4 different tower structures. The majority is guesswork at the moment though and I implore anyone to understand what is truly going to happen.
Nathan

[quote=""SAM93""]As in, could it not be in relation to the fact that there are 4 ride cars around the one tower of the Vertical Dark Ride concept?[/quote]

[spoiler:107rwnce]That would be a little difficult considering the room is split diagonally, with two towers either side.

And yes, the towers are similar. The ones at Alton will have 4D elements, and only seat six.[/spoiler:107rwnce]
Tommy

Implying that something will be in the middle? Either some sort of screen or an animatronic or scene.

On second thoughts, wouldn't it mean having at least one that was facing the wall? As I assume it would be one car facing one way and the other the opposite direction.