NO SPOILERS - 2012: Nemesis Sub-Terra... Part 2

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
.Will

Like I said before everybody uses radiation it prevokes a feeling of fear.

It's used all of the time and is overused in my opinion you'd expect them to recycle a little bit to be honest I think people are reading into it a bit too much.

;)
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

The 'radiation' is probably found underground.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
Don't_Look_Down

[quote=""Stelios7""]The 'radiation' is probably found underground.[/quote]

There might be a new twist to the Nemesis story, maybe something along the lines of Government officials unsuccessfully nuking the monster. Well, it's a theory :wink:
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
themealgang

Nice to see that marketing is really stepping up a gear now; they are really hyping these drop towers up. The ride experience better be good... the public will really think with this type of marketing this is a major (dare I say it) thrill attraction.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Big Dave

Its great and is driving up the hype. It also does look like they are doing this not only for the wider audience, but also for regulars to the park. Bearing in mind that we are getting very close to the end of season, just under half way through scarefest, they have left this a bit late to promote. Seems like they are hoping the remaining scarefest event and fireworks will be enough to get people interested, but more importantly, I sure they will use the internet during closed season to really hype this up!
Lotte

[quote=""Don't_Look_Down""]I suppose a newish story might go well, especially seeing as most people won't be too familiar with the old theme behind Nemesis and Forbidden Valley. I do agree though, the whole radiation thing is boring and overdone.

A blast from the past, here's an actor guarding the Oblivion hole during construction of the ride:

Image[/quote]

I took a vid of the site with those blokes during construction.I will dig it out and show you
Don't_Look_Down

[quote=""Lotte""]
I took a vid of the site with those blokes during construction.I will dig it out and show you[/quote]

I wouldn't mind seeing that, thanks :)
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
CoasterCrazyChris

If you wouldn't mind taking the time to upload, that would be great to see!

Nothing will ever top Oblivion's construction hype.

It's nice to see they are making the effort to do it again with likes of Th13teen, The Swarm and N:WLB (I hope to god that's not the finished name)....but it still feels a bit copycat of where it all began with Oblivion in 1997.
Satch

Why Radiation? Because Nemesis is extra-terrestrial, and a common thing with extra-terrestrial objects is the carry radioactive material. I wouldn't say it is an overused theme at all, at least not at Towers
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

That's a very valid point, some rides in Merlin attractions have similar themes.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
aru

Jordan

Just an update on the planning application, the application status has now changed from 'Pending Consideration' to 'Pending Decision', so I guess we will see a decision very soon.
riderita

Haven't posted in quite a while, not exactly a lot of action this season.

Good effort on behalf of AT, am I right in thinking Thirteen received less in the way of hype so far? The visual impact of the huge fence and signage truly makes it feel like a quarantine zone!

Purely speculation but I would be impressed with a prototype ABC drop tower with 4D effects to create an Alien Encounter experience with the added thrill of a drop. Leg ticklers to make it feel the tentacles are touching or something like this would be the level they should aspire to. I imagine 4 towers each backed against a wall, everyone faces each other with the Nemesis alien / hole in the middle.

Has anyone played around with capacity calculations in relation to a ABC drop tower? I see a slight bottle neck with the fake elevators, maybe they're quite large?
corkscru74

[quote=""Nightfall""]Why stick to boring old radiation.[/quote]
I think it's probably used a lot because it's a very affective way of getting attention and creating intrigue without giving too much away.

By sending out scientist guys in biohazard suits we're being told:

1) Something dangerous is happening, potentially life-threatening and infectious
2) The government is involved so it must be serious
3) The Scientists aren't giving much away so there's some sort of cover-up going on

I'm not saying this will or won't be part of the final story but by doing this the marketing people are playing with some of our baser fears (Death, the unknown, not being told the full story).

That and coveralls and a gas mask costs about a tenner :lol:
Corky
TTF\'s Unofficial Marketing Guru
Being way too fond of his own opinion since 1983
Dormiens-Dave

Having spent most of my adult life working with radiation... how dare you say its boring!!! :p

Seriously though its not exactly an overused theme compared to say "pirates" and fits in with the FV theme, especially Ripsaw. And really its not all that important its just an easy way to demonstrate a threat.
seanyboyuk

Well done on AT putting effort in at such an early stage!
Nerdsticks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSaOO7fhO9A
Skip to 4:57 to see the oblivion actors and the voice announcements back then during its construction, quite similar! Also skip to 6:40 to see more of the actors if you aren't interested in the construction of Oblivion (Not likely! ;) )
Scarefest lunatic!
djtruefitt

Its very exciting that they are doing this for the last few weeks of the season. When I was there yesterday evening there wasnt any actors but the sound was still playing. Apparently the actors are there till about 5pm. And looking at this photo I can see where the actors then go at 5pm, as im pretty sure the guy on the left is in the zombie zone!

[quote=""corkscru74""]Image
[/quote]
.Will

They are both in the Zombie Scarezone the other is the police man.

:)
corkscru74

Ah, I recognise him now! As he was the first actor in the maze I thought he was a non-zombie policeman who would give us a bit of backstory - boy did I get a shock!

Has anyone been able to read the little orange badges on their suits? My pics aren't hi-res enough.

Also, forgot to mention, there was a little digger in behind the N:WLB fences on Tuesday. Didn't get an in-focus pic of it but don't think they'd started digging.
Corky
TTF\'s Unofficial Marketing Guru
Being way too fond of his own opinion since 1983