NO SPOILERS - 2012: Nemesis Sub-Terra... Part 2

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Don't_Look_Down

[quote=""AstroDan""]Live Actors, music and smoke effects are now in place around the Nemesis: WLB construction site.

:)[/quote]

Taken yesterday:

There's also a recorded message stating that the area is unstable and for everyone to evacuate.

:)
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
corkscru74

Took a few shots yesterday:

This is my Girlfriend being told she's Infected! The biohazard guys said she's need to be quarantined for two weeks. Are we looking at an outbreak scenario? Will the ride feature "zombified" locals? Would fit with the original Nemesis advert from the 90s.

This is a shot of the gates and tent (which had excavation sounds being pumped out of a sound system inside)

And this is a barrel of pink liquid next to the tent. Are they harvesting something from Nemesis?

Let the speculation begin :D
Corky
TTF\'s Unofficial Marketing Guru
Being way too fond of his own opinion since 1983
Satch

Experiment 10 anyone?
Dylan

[quote=""Satch""]Experiment 10 anyone?[/quote]

That was my first thought when the mini site went live with the biohazard signs etc! More so now. It's good to see them starting on marketing though.
Nightfall

hmm... Why are there so many radioactive signs? I'm getting a bit worried that the story is going to involve radiation (which is lame and way to over used). Nemesis is an alien from another world, what's radiation got to do with it? However If that barrel really is hinting at harvesting its fluids or something similar that could be a more interesting concept.

Also how come the gate has completely different posters in both Don't_Look_Down and corkscru74s pictures :? I hope Don't_Look_Downs picture was taken later in the day as it looks a mess on the others.
[align=center]Image[/align]
.Will

It won't. They are used for everything to provoke a feeling of fear and danger.

Oh and by the way the symbol on that barrel is corrosive.

;)
dominoes

It could be an experiment to see whether they can make realistic zombie animatronics to use in Duel...
The Crab of Nemesis

This is fantastic, I have to say. Before th13teen, we hadn't seen actors promoting a ride since oblivion and now we have a whole mini zone with theming and smoke just to promote a medium investment. Great stuff.

My excitement for this ride keeps rocketing, brilliant marketing from the park, but I am of course keeping an open mind after the th13teen overhype of 2009/10
ImageSince 2008
Nightfall

[quote="".Will""]It won't. They are used for everything to provoke a feeling of fear and danger. [/quote] That's what I mean, radiation is far too overused. There are plenty of other danger symbols to choose from, corrosive being one of them which makes more sense in the context of an alien being.

A personal favourite of mine is poison

Or is it beware of pirates :P

Why stick to boring old radiation.

Sorry I’ve gone slightly off topic :oops: :P
Last edited by Nightfall on Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]Image[/align]
CoasterCrazyChris

It's nothing particularly original, but at least they are making the effort guys!
MattH

I love the lengths they are going to, as said, besides Thirteen, which was shite, we have seen marketing such as this since Oblivion, that sense of urgency to keep people away always catchs my attention more, Merlin, please don't let us down now!
Bote

Images of the new actors and posters :D

Images by Dormiens-Dave
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

The be warned announcements remind me of Oblivion.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
siralgenon

Im surprised that Merlin hasn't took over Diggerland with the amount of excavations they have at that park! :wink: On a serious note it's nice to see they are advertising the attraction other than just placing posters on the fence! :)
cookiee_munster

the more and more i look at this, the more i think its a responce for enthusiasts. why would they go to so much trouble for as someone said a medium investment?

i think what with the high praise for everything that happened around the creation of oblivion by the fansm i think the park are trying to re-create that same nostalgia.

either way, its fantastic.
CogWork

This is all getting very interesting. Its a pity they only send out actors when rides are under construction, I hope these guys stick around a bit even after the ride has opened as having actors around really does improve the atmosphere of themed areas.
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

The nostalgia creation gives the ride a good theme, and makes us enthusiasts happy.

It's a win-win really.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
.Will

[quote=""Nightfall""]Why stick to boring old radiation.[/quote]

Radiation > Mutation.

I presume it is because when people think radiation they instantly think of mutant freaks which can sort of tie in with the alien in a way.

I agree it is far too overused.

Dead fish sign for the win.

;)
Don't_Look_Down

I suppose a newish story might go well, especially seeing as most people won't be too familiar with the old theme behind Nemesis and Forbidden Valley. I do agree though, the whole radiation thing is boring and overdone.

A blast from the past, here's an actor guarding the Oblivion hole during construction of the ride:

Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
Jonny.F

I think it's safe to say that this ride will have nothing to do with radiation. Why? Because Raptor had almost exactly the same sort of promotion:

The ride had nothing to do with Radiation, so therefore this ride probably won't either. It's just Merlin recycling the same old promotional material on other rides. I wouldn't take the marketing material seriously anyway, we always spend ages looking at these tiny details where they are probably just simply a theme that broadly fits the theme and won't at all play any part in the story.