The future of Nemesis.....

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.

Has The Smiler Taken Nemesis's crown?

Yes
13%
No
45%
50/50
14%
They are different types of coasters
28%

Total votes: 149
Benjy Alton Towers Kid

And a huge nuke it would be...
Theme Parks are my way of life.

Benjy Alton Towers Kid :)
Keep smiling!!! :)
Benjy Alton Towers Kid

BigAl wrote: This topic comes up time and time again but Wardley himself said that "your grandchildren will be able to ride it" at the Th13teen event last year so it will be with us for a while thank goodness! Obviously it's time will come like any ride and it will probably have the most magnificent send off that a ride could ever have. It would be appropriate to replace it with something at least as equally as menacing and as thrilling.
Well thank GOD! Because I'm only 13!

JaykeAT

just had a thought,even when they do demolish it ,what would the costs be to re-surface the land from what it is now back to normal,ground leval. so thinking about whatever goes there (my guess....SW23) will have a very big budget yet alot of it will go to ground work
BigHairJoe

either that or it's reused if they rip out a few of the bits where its built back up for the Q path its like a slightly rocky deep blank canvas
Blizzard

Am I the only one who thinks they might as well just replace the track & supports when it gets old? i mean surely no one could get bored of Nemesis!

Pluss, if the theming was getting tired, they could go for a new theme, but keeping the same layout?

If Nemesis goes, Alton goes.

Simple as!

:)

Credit To SIMR for the signature & Avatar.
Benjy Alton Towers Kid

Blizzard wrote: Am I the only one who thinks they might as well just replace the track & supports when it gets old? i mean surely no one could get bored of Nemesis!

Pluss, if the theming was getting tired, they could go for a new theme, but keeping the same layout?

If Nemesis goes, Alton goes.

Simple as!

:)
True. But Towers would still have to include the famous Nemesis monster so they couldn't tinker with the theme too much because it would defeat the purpose of the Nemesis legend and Sub-Terra's theme.

TB2

Benjy Alton Towers Kid wrote: With Nemesis almost 20 years old, some new and improved track might be a good idea. However, the old and rustic track fits in well with Nemesis' theming.

Benjy Alton Towers Kid
Going back to this, Mavericks track was replaced because before the ride even opened, the force the train went through the inline was damaging the train. It's not really the case with Nemesis and sections will only be replaced if they themselves are damaged

Surely though, Nemesis's future is safe from the parks Point of View. I don't know how much interest the park took in that best Alton coaster competition last year but Nemesis was the clear winner. It for 18 years has outshone all new additions and continues to be a major pull to the park. They will only remove it when costs over take popularity.
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

sku11dude123

It would be a big mistake if nemesis left in the year range of 2012-2017 But to be honest, by the year 2018 and so on nemesis will eventually get old. (Secret weapon being better, Nemesis going unpopular, Ride system is breaking frequently) The best idea alton should do is to firstly re-theme sub terra into something new that has something to do with a drop tower and with nemesis, De-construct it and put like a memorial site for it, What it basically is, is a site that gives you the story of nemesis with hundreds of photo's of the ride scattered across the memorial site, couple of themeing and to make it PERFECT put a shop in the memorial which sells nemesis magazines, hats, food etc.

My own question has got me thinking.... Shouldn't of Alton made a memorial site for Toyland INSTEAD of that lousy, near-to-no-themed ride called CATCF??? (Dont answer this question in this thread ask it in the dedicated Charlie thread instead) 
BigAl

:lol:

Look, John Wardley said to a little kid at the Th13teen event that even their grandchildren will be able to ride Nemesis. Unless Mr Wardley can tell the future and knows that that little child will have grandchildren by 2018 then I think this conversation needs to come to an end.
Poison Tom 96

People hang on here. The future does NOT always mean leaving. it can be train,track,electronics and/or hydraulics replacement.

Your welcome Sku11dude123
BigAl

Yes, the future doesn't mean it's leaving, but this part of the discussion is on about the imminent departure of the ride. It's not going anywhere so we could use our time more wisely by discussing the future of the ride in operation.
CoasterCrazyChris

I wish someone would lock this topic.

Such pointless discussion. Especially when you consider you'll all be dead before any of your ideas are even contemplated.
Bubbaride

how about a retheme? not any time soon obviously as sub-terra is opening but maybe in another 10 years? I know its unlikely but its just an idea....
for example it could be rethemed into and explorer essence ride (indiana jones inspired) cover up the lift hill, add a story in there, something goes wrong and BAM trying to escape a curse or something.... they could market it as a brand new ride, bringing people back to it...
Themeparksandy1981

I would love them for it's 20th birthday to redone the Nemesis monster again. It's looking in a bad state and just painting it ain't good enough anymore. For the coaster itself it doesn't need updating. Maybe theme the queueline better.
Vladimir Bobinski

As long as they don't change the layout or the basic train itself, I don't care.

I wouldn't be fussed it if had a refresh, even if it was to tidy up the queue line/station etc.

For a near 20 year old ride it's still impressive it's the only ride I know that doesn't loose any pace or excitement from the pre drop to the final brake run.  Front row, back row, it's fantastic every where.

The B&M's make Alton for me.  If someone said I could only ride one coaster on the visit because the queue's were that bad, it would have to be nemesis.  That's how strongly I feel about the ride as I'm sure a lot of you do.
DannyNewbro

I can't ever see Nemesis going in my lifetime, they'll only be updating it to keep it going and keep it a highly rated coaster.
JaykeAT

I hate to say it,but I think as soon as its ratings go down it will go straight away
TB2

the son on the hole wrote: I hate to say it,but I think as soon as its ratings go down it will go straight away
It's gone 18 years so far and has never lost its popularity. They won't just remove a custom built ride from its landscape just like that.
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

Benjy Alton Towers Kid

Look Nemesis is now 18 years old. So far this legend has:

Been called one of the world's most intense ride experiences from Day One to today.
Been voted the Alton Towers visitors favourite ride. (Remember KING Nemmy?)
Been a world known story and comic strip told by Doctor Who (I'm sorry, I meant Tom Baker!)
Has now spawned a sequel (Sub-Terra in 5 days)

So putting it that way I have one question,

WHY THE HELL WOULD ALTON TOWERS REMOVE THIS RIDE ANY TIME SOON!!!!

JaykeAT

that wan't what i was meant, What I was implying was that If it starts getting dodgy on a regular baisis aloton will either change alot of parts to rides or get rid of it IMO