The future of Nemesis.....

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.

Has The Smiler Taken Nemesis's crown?

Yes
13%
No
45%
50/50
14%
They are different types of coasters
28%

Total votes: 149
Morgan

Nemmy wih those restraints...
No. Just.... no.
Capt.Barnacles

At best, Nemesis will get a fresh lick of paint for the entire ride, station and area, maybe some of the plants will be cut back so it looks more like it did the year it opened. No full refurbs or new trains. They'll want to remember Nemmy for how she still is, not make anything new from it. Something that MIGHT happen (I have no source or any proof that gives me the idea, I just think the idea would be good) is that they may restore the original logo to the area since they still have the signs.
Morgan

As long as you leave the track, it compliments the theme.
stealthsmiler

I have heard many times on here and on site that Nemmy is getting a full refurb and paint. And for the restraints, I really like them, I think those kind of restraints are much more comfortable and make you feel more exposed which makes the ride feel so much better which is why I wouldn't be against them being installed on Nemmy, however I do understand why people are against them for Nemmy with the whole feeling trapped thing and the TV advert, however people don't ride her for her restraints. Plus even though they are new couldn't Merlin keep them in storage for Nemmy Inferno (after lick of paint) or do like a part exchange kinda thing with B&M for new trains and then B&M can sell them on to another park for their coaster.

The restraints I would most like to see replaced is Blivys with something like Shambhalas or Rush's. That would be amazing.
Themeparksandy1981

As I said on here it really needs to be updated to go with the story of Sub terra now. After 21 years of been trapped the monster trying to free itself to save his babies. The babies have left the under ground bunker and has made there way to the nemesis site. You can see them around the whole area of the coaster as you ride it. Also some of the staff now are wearing the same uniform as the sub terra staff and are trying once again to tame the monster.
TheOutpatient

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:As I said on here it really needs to be updated to go with the story of Sub terra now. After 21 years of been trapped the monster trying to free itself to save his babies. The babies have left the under ground bunker and has made there way to the nemesis site. You can see them around the whole area of the coaster as you ride it. Also some of the staff now are wearing the same uniform as the sub terra staff and are trying once again to tame the monster.
So you think the Nemesis monster is male? :-k I've always thought it was female, I could be wrong though!

About the Neme-babies - If we are to see them around Nemesis, it kind of takes away from the whole idea that Sub Terra is based on;- The idea that what you can't see, you imagine to be worse than anything you can see.
Ryan.B

Female. Believe as the Sub Terra videos point towards she had the babies
JustWill

The monster must be female, she laid eggs which are seen in SubTerra ;)

BTW: when do you imagine the removal of Nemmy. I'd say 2020 onwards, but I'd hope that she wouldn't be removed before 2030

BTWA: I'd assume they would just refurb her until the point of extreme danger. :lol
TheOutpatient

TMIwill wrote:The monster must be female, she laid eggs which are seen in SubTerra ;)
Thats correct
And also... Where do you think all that blood is coming from?
Exactly :yes:
Themeparksandy1981

I wasn't really calling the Nemesis male or female was just half awake when I wrote that yesterday morning. It's time maybe Sub terra was updated as well as most guests now know that the babies are free maybe some of them broke free and ended up looking for there mum. With the others trapped still in the building.
nemefan08

I hope there will not be babies, that means a redesigned version of n:st which means less money on the beast. I don't see a problem with new trains, it will stop the tide getting a b and m rattle and make the ride more enjoyable for everyone. What is the problem with that.
Danny

Considering Nemesis had brand new restraints on its trains for the 2014 season I can't imagine they would now invest in brand new trains, just revamp the old ones.
Altonboy001

fredward wrote:Nemesis is going to go soon, it's pretty much definite. I mean no one ever rides it. It's consistently voted one of the worst coasters in the world and it just lost hands down to Th13teen in the king of the coaster poll.

no its no 6 in the word best, and nemesis won king of the coasters so thats a lie
nemefan08

fredward wrote:Nemesis is going to go soon, it's pretty much definite. I mean no one ever rides it. It's consistently voted one of the worst coasters in the world and it just lost hands down to Th13teen in the king of the coaster poll.

Please can we check the facts before posting. Nemesis was voted the best ride in the park 2"in 2011. And of you look at coaster polls like the golden ticket awards nemesis was the only uk coaster so technically it's the best in the country.