The future of Nemesis.....

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.

Has The Smiler Taken Nemesis's crown?

Yes
13%
No
45%
50/50
14%
They are different types of coasters
28%

Total votes: 149
arsenalfan-1

Pesonally, I think Nemesis will still be around in a very long time. Firstly, because when it does get old, old parts can be replaced with new ones with new technology and also before Corkscrew left the ride started to feel old and it seemed like time to go. That doesn't even seem to be on the horizon with Nemesis.    8)
Thanks Lewis97
Altontowersbarlow

i think it will be leaving in about twenty years mayby 19 because however good it is now new technology might be around then but if not probaly be their  forever  yeaaaaah !!!!!!!!!
Altontowersbarlow

really good point but yet again it was replaced with new technology you never know do you !!!!
DrReeve

wolfy wrote: when its time,

*Morgan freeman voice*
'nemisis' broke free from his aged restrains, that where forged long ago.
the creature wrecke havok on the surrounding area, twisting metal and moved earth,
once again the containment team will be called upon to pin the creature down once more,
A structure like the last one, with more reinforcement and more layout that will compliment the engineers masterpiece that held the monster down for so long.
this is nemisis *insert name*

:P nemisis is a foe that will break free of his old track and will need a new 1  ;) its going nowhere for the next century as long as the magic lives
... I tried to do a morgan freeman voice in the end it turned out like gandalf ... it still sounded great.

one ride which would be good is the middle stage of the nemesis.
We have witnessed the birth of these crab like creatures (N:ST)
We have witnessed the end of them (Nemesis)
all we need is the battle to hold it down.

The idea is that this time you are fighting the monster as it throws you around inversions. Trying to defeat the beast
Image credit to Lewis97
ManiaMuse

As long as it is financially viable to keep it running they will. It's still one of their flagship rides and is still popular enough to soak up some of the crowds on busy days.

I mean consider Corkscrew, they went and got it a new lift motor and gave it a repaint even when it never drew huge queues and was on its way out.

B&M seem pretty stable financially so there won't be any problem of getting spare parts. The only issue is potentially cracks in supports/track/footers given the location it is built in. But it has had some repair done to its footers previously and other B&Ms like Kumba have have support repairs so I doubt that would be too much an issue.

Also what would Alton Towers replace it with if they removed it? They would be left with a big custom made pit which would be a pain and costly to fit something else in.
Tom.B

I voted 2019 - 2025, because I think around then, it will begin to lose popularity, and can be replaced with another SW or something.
clayj

IMO, they will rebuild/retrack Nemesis before they would ever remove/replace
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
DeanGaryCox

it's inevitable nemesis is going to come to the end of its life at some point... would they ever build a similar layout in the nemesis pit, possibly from a different manufacturer, different trains etc.
Image 2014
RollercoasterGEEK100

clayj wrote: IMO, they will rebuild/retrack Nemesis before they would ever remove/replace
Tbh, i agree. With both Nemesis and Nemmy Inferno as they are both very popular in AT and Thorpe when they get even older they will just replace track, trains and add new technology!

Credit to NemesisRider
Alex.D

They should put it in a simpson movie style dome when it gets over 300 years old.Help preserve it you know! ;)
Nemesis is here to stay, forever! I'm also glad to see most people voted 2050+ in the poll!
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
DeanGaryCox

alee289 wrote: They should put it in a simpson movie style dome when it gets over 300 years old.Help preserve it you know! ;)
Nemesis is here to stay, forever! I'm also glad to see most people voted 2050+ in the poll!
There's always wishful thinking... but how many of these were actually being serious haha  :lol:
Image 2014
Pennywise

DeanGaryCox wrote: There's always wishful thinking... but how many of these were actually being serious haha  :lol:
All of them, I'd imagine. If Grand National can last as long as it has then why wouldn't Nemesis be around in 50-100 years time?
leeprice

D4n wrote: why wouldn't Nemesis be around in 50-100 years time?
I can't imagine AT keeping any ride for that long, even Nemesis. They'd want to use the space to invest in newer, more advanced coasters to draw in the crowds.

Bear in mind Merlin/AT have MUCH more money that BPB, they can afford to introduce new rides and attractions more frequently.
SamSimkin

It shouldn't and doesn't deserve to leave the park for at least the next 30 or 40 years. However when the inevitable day does come, I want to see the nemesis creature die at the hands of phalanx. With loads of pyrotechnics and fire effects, a proper dramatic final show down.
Once thought air was the best. Then Th13teen for some reason.

Now I have found the ultimate beast ... OBLIVION
PeteB

These topics about Nemesis seem to keep cropping up every year. Honestly there's little point even speculating when it will be removed.

Nemesis won't go anywhere. As other have said, you've got wooden coasters at Blackpool lasting 100+ years.

The types of coasters which usually get the chop are the ones that were "off the shelf" packages or designed to be traveling rides and don't have anything particularly special about them. Custom designed steel coasters (like Nemesis) will outlive the woodies of Blackpool, unless they are considered poor, but as Nemesis is Alton's flagship ride and is still voted to be one of the top 10 roller coasters in the world, it isn't going to be scrapped any time soon.

It will likely never lose it's appeal, providing it's maintained, and will become a classic in time. Anyone who dares call it "a classic" now needs to give their head a shake because it's still a baby.  :lol:

There's also an abundance of undeveloped land at Alton Towers to build new coasters. So renewing it is out of the window as well. If you've seen the 10 year development plan, there are plots in existing developed areas highlighted for new coasters and I think it's unlikely these will all be filled any time soon. So again, no problem.  8)
DrReeve

SamSimkin wrote: It shouldn't and doesn't deserve to leave the park for at least the next 30 or 40 years. However when the inevitable day does come, I want to see the nemesis creature die at the hands of phalanx. With loads of pyrotechnics and fire effects, a proper dramatic final show down.
a huge final battle or something with the creator waking up and phalax fighting with fireworks etc.
Image credit to Lewis97
Trumpet

Personally, I thinkit will stay. It is a timeless attraction, and it wuld never get old. It is also world famous, so I doubt it will be removed
"Science is not an exact Science"

Rick and Morty - 2014
RCD27

It's much harder to replace than BPB rides and Corkscrew because it's build into the ground and the area is designed around the ride. The other rides mentioned are just on top of the land and can be replaced easily. If you attempt to replace Nemesis you aren't going to get something massively different to what is currently there.

Unless you replace Air and Nemesis for one bigger ride.
Sonic Saw Stealth Smiler
DrReeve

ive always wondered about what nemesis would be like as a b&m flying coaster. It would work well with the dives into the pit etc
Image credit to Lewis97
aidan.rudge.92

Well I couldn't see that happening. Removing Air and Nemesis, no chance lol!

Nemesis will be around for a long long time, and when its time does come, im sure they will replace it with something just like nemmie as it was a big hit with everyone!

Long live King Nemesis!
:D