New on-park restaurant ideas?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
thefatone

AstroDan wrote: - Introducion of Chicken Shack in X Sector (happening for 2011)
Slight mistake here - They're getting chicken co, which is the KFC equivelant... not chicken shack, which is the nandos equiv.
CoasterCrazyChris

Why do people want high street brands on the park?! I thought the idea was 'escapism'?

Cheering at the news KFC is leaving, then suggest the likes of Greggs, Nando's, Krispy Kreme etc!
SpinballEdders

CoasterCrazyChris wrote: Why do people want high street brands on the park?! I thought the idea was 'escapism'?

Cheering at the news KFC is leaving, then suggest the likes of Greggs, Nando's, Krispy Kreme etc!
Because KFC is infested with Chavs while the likes Greggs, Nando's, Krispy Kreme are not
thefatone

What an utterly ridiculous comment.

I'd hate to see any brands really. Coffee outlets to fat old restuarants. No thanks.
CoasterCrazyChris

SpinballEdders wrote:
CoasterCrazyChris wrote: Why do people want high street brands on the park?! I thought the idea was 'escapism'?

Greggs, Nando's, Krispy Kreme are not
Um, no not if my local town is anything to go by.

I want something unique and out of the ordinary at a 'theme' park, not boring things I come across on a day to day basis.
Poison Tom 96

if the current AT coffee is no good, then speak up. if not don't complain.

i don't know as i don't like coffee tbh
AstroDan

They do, but only cheap end stuff out a vending machine.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Poison Tom 96

CoasterCrazyChris wrote:
SpinballEdders wrote:

Greggs, Nando's, Krispy Kreme are not
Um, no not if my local town is anything to go by.

I want something unique and out of the ordinary at a 'theme' park, not boring things I come across on a day to day basis.
the idea is all about escapism. if there was a demand strong enough i'm sure merlin would create something in house.
AstroDan wrote: They do, but only cheap end stuff out a vending machine.

it can't be that hard for merlin to start doing fresh ground coffee
Dcarts2412

With the new season coming closer and closer, I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the new X-Sector Restaurant (Where KFC Was), was it a good idea to remove KFC from the park?

Seeing a few pictures myself it is evident that they are doing more than just a few paint jobs to the building, when in-fact all new furniture, flooring e.t.c. is being added to the building. What are your thoughts on the topic? :)
CoasterCrazyChris

Dcarts2412 wrote: With the new season coming closer and closer, I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the new X-Sector Restaurant (Where KFC Was), was it a good idea to remove KFC from the park?

Seeing a few pictures myself it is evident that they are doing more than just a few paint jobs to the building, when in-fact all new furniture, flooring e.t.c. is being added to the building. What are your thoughts on the topic? :)
Any chance of seeing these pictures?

:)
Dcarts2412

I don't own these photo's myself, but I have saw some from some staff members:)
CoasterCrazyChris

Dcarts2412 wrote: I don't own these photo's myself, but I have saw some from some staff members:)
Ah ok.

Is it themed in keeping with X-Sector or just a generic chicken restaurant?

Dcarts2412

CoasterCrazyChris wrote:
Dcarts2412 wrote: I don't own these photo's myself, but I have saw some from some staff members:)
Ah ok.

Currently all that you can see is the furniture and flooring removed and the whole exterior the same for now, ready for painting soon I think. I would of thought they would keep with the theme of X-Sector or else it would just ruin the area; like the fanta sponsorship did!
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Dcarts2412 wrote:
CoasterCrazyChris wrote:
Ah ok.

Currently all that you can see is the furniture and flooring removed and the whole exterior the same for now, ready for painting soon I think. I would of thought they would keep with the theme of X-Sector or else it would just ruin the area; like the fanta sponsorship did!
I wouldn't say ruin, it's not the first thing you see in X-Sector, and isn't the general appeal of the area, but I see where your coming from.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
CoasterCrazyChris

Stelios7 wrote:
Dcarts2412 wrote:
CoasterCrazyChris wrote: Ah ok.

I wouldn't say ruin, it's not the first thing you see in X-Sector, and isn't the general appeal of the area, but I see where your coming from.
The Meltdown was once a heavily themed food outlet but sadly the theming was removed a few years ago. KFC ripped out the high-tech looking counters and replaced them with their standard high street ones.

JayNemesis00

AstroDan wrote: To be fair, vegetarian options in Europe will be few. They simply don't cater to that market. Merely our culture to theirs.

But Disney's food is poor.
When we went to DLP this christmas, the food was really nice. Granted it was just snacks but still good quality.
Themeparksandy1981

I would like to see the towers street restaurant get turned into a chinese/indian buffet restaurant. At the entrance you have the tills and behind lots of different Indian meals to choose from with a option of adding unlimited drinks to that option. £12 each or 2 for £20 and with unlimited drinks £15 each or or 2 for £25 with kids half price. I would go there after the rides have closed to let the monorail queue to go down. It Also save me eating late when we get home.
DomB

I'd personally like to see restaurants that actually fit in with that areas theme, or at least look like they're meant to be there. The pizza place in Katanga actually fits in with theme of the area, whereas the Fish & Chips outlet has no place in Forbidden Valley.

The food at Disney is pretty bad though, but at least it looks decent and doesn't just look plonked there. It'd also be nice to see Burger King gone whenever their contract runs out so they can move to fully in-house food; I don't go to Alton Towers to see these high street fast food outlets everywhere, it doesn't spread the right message, in my opinion.
Themeparksandy1981

I think having them fast food restaurants in the first place really showed how poor the food on offer was in the first place. We ate at the restaurant next to Charlie before it turned into Mcdonalds. The place was poor,the prices over the top and the food very poor. From that moment we just took our own good to Mcdonalds and KFC opened. But since Merlin taken over all the parks the food got better.
I think the food on offer in Epcot is the best I ever eaten in a theme park. We had a quick service dinning plan so most evening we ended up eating round world showcase or in the four seasons restaurant in the land.
AstroDan

I like your idea Andy, but I don't think there is a market for a £15 buffet experience on park - not when the Pizza Pasta is only £9.