Drinking fountains and Queuelines

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Katherine

scw55 wrote: In school we had people stuffing cigarettes and chewing gum in drinking fountains... Only takes 1 person to ruin the drinking fountains for all.
Yeah same with mine, It's disgusting. There'd often be crisp packets and when the plug got clogged the water would often turn a nasty colour.
Vladimir Bobinski

CoasterCrazyChris wrote: I think after Oblivion they learnt the lesson never to build indoor/undercover queue lines again - due to the level of graffiti they have to remove, plus the cleaning and maintenance of them.

They have with Thirteen for the first time in a while, but they have cleverly designed it so you're in metal cages so people can't deface the walls.

Rita is dire though - a cattle pen completely exposed to the elements with no trees or foliage to shelter you.

They ought to install misters in the queues for use in the summer to keep the line cool.

<!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
I'm often amused by the numbers engraved into the fence queue line in rita/thirteen every year, every year they get cleaned up. :D
MJNemesis

This topic reminded me of Primary school. We had two fountains that everybody used without vandalising but it wasn't until I left Primary school that I realised those fountains were on the other side of the wall that contained the Urinals in the boys toilets  :? lmao.

As for fountains in queue lines. People have said it already - they'll get vandalised straight away. A lot of people carry hand sanitisers and use them everytime they so much as touch a door handle so I doubt many would even use them for fear of every disease under the sun.

Would be a spot on idea though. I'd happily top up a water bottle using one. TP have those extortionate sweet stalls in queue lines now don't they, which is obviously their way of making money out of people being forced to queue out in the elements. Its a fair enough idea until people start holding up the queues as they fumble around with change.
Jammydodger

Don't a lot of rides have fountains on their dismounts?
I know for a fact Oblivion and Rita have them. I'd assume they're functional too?
Themeparksandy1981

How about if they have the fountains outside every toilet block and they be easy to install as there water resources already there.
I would like to take my 9 month old with us in June and she will be drinking squash so as the water in the toilets isn't drinkable I have to ask 1 of the restaurants or bars to fill it up for us.
scw55

On a positive note, in Rome you have public drinking fountains everywhere.

They are probably kept in good shape due to the pride which the people have for them.

(free running water in the past indicated wealth and prosperity)
andy86

Lack of maintenance and respect from some of AT's less desirable clientele make water fountains void from queues. I think a stall throughout the queue is a good idea but on the other hand it holds up the queue and may cause a mess with wrappers and bottles etc. Bit of a headache situation, just have bins throughout the queue and buy refreshments before you enter the line. Definitely should have more covering though in some areas.