Drinking fountains and Queuelines

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
thefatone

Correct, I believe this is only applicable to the communal toilets next to the games areas.
meames

I don't think anybody has to legally supply free tap water, unless they serve alcohol, which, if correct would mean that there is only three places (as far as I know of) that have to do this.
medji

[quote=""thefatone""][quote=""Themeparksandy1981""]The water in the sinks aint drinkable.[/quote]
They are drinking water actually.

All water on park, apart from hotel toilets, is drinkable - fun little useful fact there! :)[/quote]

So the water in the rapids and flume is drinkable?
Pennywise

[quote=""medji""]
So the water in the rapids and flume is drinkable?[/quote]

No. :roll:
Joe Koopa

[quote=""D4n""][quote=""medji""]

No. :roll:[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the water supply for these two rides are used from the lakes nearby, and not actual water you'd get from taps. :)
djtruefitt

Either way I certainly wouldnt suggest drinking the water from either ride! It has a nice brown shade to it.
PeteMadden

I agree witht the point you're making, although as much as people like you and I would use these items to our advantage, there are certain folk that will have vandelised and ruined these things not long after they open.
medji

[quote=""Joe Koopa""][quote=""D4n""][quote=""medji""]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the water supply for these two rides are used from the lakes nearby, and not actual water you'd get from taps. :)[/quote]

Lol I was just messing about :L I know it ain't drinkable.
Oh btw, i know this isn't the right topic but you know the nemesis 'blood' ? Has anybody from here(or anywhere) drunk some of it, or seen someone drink it? Weird I know but I was just wondering :)
medji

[quote=""Joe Koopa""][quote=""D4n""][quote=""medji""]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the water supply for these two rides are used from the lakes nearby, and not actual water you'd get from taps. :)[/quote]

Oh btw, i know this isn't the right topic but you know the nemesis 'blood' ? Has anybody from here(or anywhere) drunk some of it, or seen someone drink it? Weird I know but I was just wondering :)
.Will

Oh yeah it is just Ribena.

:P
djtruefitt

[quote=""medji""]
Oh btw, i know this isn't the right topic but you know the nemesis 'blood' ? Has anybody from here(or anywhere) drunk some of it, or seen someone drink it? Weird I know but I was just wondering :)[/quote]
Its funny because on Saturday while queuing for Nemesis someone in the group mentioned that someone from TTF once drank some of the water, just so they could say they drank Nemesis water. I think it might have been Sam who had drank some in the past :P
crofty2009

did they say what it tasted like?

and i like the idea of drinking fountains, just fitting them into the toilets would work as every toilet has an attendant, and they could prevent vandalism.
DiogoJ42

I suppose you could boil Nemy water and make tea with it.
fredward

ah that would be lovely! :D, I think nemi tea would have a slight cherry and iron taste to it! :P

On topic of drinking water, Sonisphere (which makes Alton Towers look like poundland! :P ) for H&S they have the security guards constantly handing out plastic cups of water to the crowd. I'm sure Alton Towers could easily provide the same service if it gets too bad.
.Will

Joking apart I am surprised there isn't a tap where you can fill bottles up for free.

I refill my bottles from the sinks in the toiltes you get a few funny looks but I really don't see too much of a problem with it to be honest.

:)
Themeparksandy1981

Bringing up the queue line topic again do you think Alton Towers will get more trade if guests knew that they be queueing undercover/shaded from the rain and the sun?
Like with the weather we had the past 4 weeks and the threat of going back into Recession again has the park been quiet?
The prices Merlin charge I can really see age groups of mainly 18 to 30 years old who got a job and still living at home using the park more during theses hard times even I'm happy that the sun still doing the free tickets as I wouldn't have been going this season.
Fatnorville

AT will only install water fountains in queues if they can somehow charge for the service and make it a profit stream. 
scw55

In school we had people stuffing cigarettes and chewing gum in drinking fountains... Only takes 1 person to ruin the drinking fountains for all.
tallicay2k

scw55 wrote: In school we had people stuffing cigarettes and chewing gum in drinking fountains... Only takes 1 person to ruin the drinking fountains for all.
I agree it's gonna be too much maintenance, pointless maintenance
Besides obviously the US have water fountains because the heat over there...it's a tad different
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
Marcus

No, will be expensive to maintain and will be broken, abused and vandalised quickly