2012: Nemesis - What Lies Beneath - Part 1

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
altongeek

Hey guys check out door number 10 on the Scarefest calender...have a look in Forbidden Valley :D
Jordan

On the map for Scarefest, a teaser of next year's attraction...

Last edited by Jordan on Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
.Will

Yes! Something Nemesis related.

Really hoping it would be.

:D
DDF14

nice spot guys well done!

Someone might be eating there hat !!!

And so the rabbit hole goes deeper.. getting my hopes up..
DDF14

[quote=""DiogoJ42""]This ride will have nothing to do with Nemesis. If it does, I'll eat my pirate hat :yohoho:[/quote]

Ketchup or mayonaise dude !!! :lol:

to be fair we will have to wait and see further
Jordan

I think it's fantastic that they've chosen to base the ride around Nemesis. For what I think will be a story-based ride, this is great for enthusiasts. After all, if they have a story, it will be a spin-off (or possibly a retelling) of the Nemesis backstory.

Not only that, but there will finally be a Nemesis shop! :-)
DiogoJ42

[quote=""DDF14""][quote=""DiogoJ42""]This ride will have nothing to do with Nemesis. If it does, I'll eat my pirate hat :yohoho:[/quote]

Ketchup or mayonaise dude !!! :lol:

to be fair we will have to wait and see further[/quote]

Pfff, in 2009 they said we were getting "the ultimate roller coaster" .... still waiting for that one. :lol:
Big Dave

Great name choice! (See I can be positive)

Nemesis shop? Yet to be seen, but its clear by the naming, that they understand that Nemesis still is the bigger and better ride so I dont see why they shouldn't have proper Nemesis merchandise in there.

If they use the Nemesis legend, then this will be a fantastic addition. I really hope they spend some cash sorting Nemesis out and improving Nemesis' ride audio. (please banish the pop!)
Moley

Well that's my excitement for this ride turned up to 11.
AdamJ

I was talking to Moley about this, and it led me to write how I'd personally see this attraction going, giving if it is a Drop Tower ride.
You enter the main ride area where you are led to board carriages, taking the roles of the archaeological's who're working on unearthing this beast laying below the foundations. As you are lowered down slowly you feel jolts in your carriage... The ride drops suddenly, you're met by the monster, crazed by the findings you're shot back to the top, presented by an in-ride video which appears from nowhere, most likely the towers rotating or a section is revealed from behind some dark covers to present this video. The video explains that head archaeologists have received vital information regarding the monster below the surface.

Suddenly the carriages drop again, without any warning not letting you see vital parts of the video where you're told to NOT go down there in fear of radiation and chemicals reacting to human life. The ride hitting the bottom with force as you're sprung back up slightly, the ride car moving around as you're blinded momentarily from lights which have been left down in the area from previous workers, the monster peering through at you. Then your cars are shot back up, you hear a cable snap and you drop down again, met this time by the monster even closer than before, almost as if it's about to consume you. Hearing screams of panic from around you*, you are lifted back up, where you are met by the in-ride video skipping through, as if a video cassette is jammed and its jumping around, giving a very eery feel.

You are then lifted back into stationary position, where you exit the ride.
* - This can be achieved by surround sound fixtures from side-on and behind the carriages.
AstroDan

Wonderful for a ride to be named in this way.

Looking forward!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
ReZourceman

hi guys, just had a phone call from my friend who works in a very senior position at the park. He confirmed the ride is a Nemesis ride and it is called something like "the Nemesis: defies belief" and it will be abc drop tower with dark ride elements too and will be in the building they are constructing in forbidden valley.

hope this helps.
Last edited by ReZourceman on Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigAl

New Nemesis merchandise? [-o<
Magrathea

Well that's a very exciting way to announce it, and with damn good-looking map, too! :D

Another extension of the Nemesis brand! Although does the name ring any bells with TOTT? ;).
Satch

Surely that's not the confirmed name? I would suggest its a tagline that will be used.
AstroDan

Possibly, although linking the name to a major ride brand would make sense.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Benzin

[quote=""AstroDan""]Possibly, although linking the name to a major ride brand would make sense.[/quote]

Didn't QUITE work for Inferno did it? ;)

But yeah, I like this... Though I personally hope that the actual name adds slightly more than just Nemesis, otherwise people will just get confused... Hell even adding something like Project or Ecavaction in front of Nemesis there would help make it really distinctive that it's new, AND has something to do with Nemesis' theme...

Also, PLEASE get Tom Baker doing the announcements/story as well... Then it would automatically be the best ride ever...
Islander

[quote=""Satch""]Surely that's not the confirmed name? I would suggest its a tagline that will be used.[/quote]
^This. Seems to me to be the same as how a lot of people assumed that SW6 would be named 'Surrender', just because that word was used in the marketing. I don't reckon 'Nemesis: What lies beneath' is anything more than a tagline.

Having said that, a name which builds on the story of Nemesis in this way would be cool.
QTXAdsy

Interesting name I must say.

Though it feels like the long postponed sequel to Nemesis (Not mentioning NI down at TP) but we all know that the sequel never manages to beat the original. Though I'm pretty open at the moment, interested to see what happens.
corkscru74

[quote=""Benzin""]

But yeah, I like this... Though I personally hope that the actual name adds slightly more than just Nemesis, otherwise people will just get confused... Hell even adding something like Project or Ecavaction in front of Nemesis there would help make it really distinctive that it's new, AND has something to do with Nemesis' theme...[/quote]
I don't see how anyone with an IQ higher than a bowl of custard would confuse the two rides. One is an iconic, world famous Rollercoaster that's been there for nearly 20 years - the other is a shed :lol:

Personally I like the name! It adds intrigue and poses the rider with a very interesting question: What DOES lie beneath Nemesis? I think I'll have to spend my lunch time trawling through the Nemesis Comic for clues. Maybe Nemesis is just the 'tip of the iceberg' and burrowing deeper will reveal something even more terrifying! Forbidden Valley has always been a favourite area of mine and although it's themed intelligently to let you know "There's a war going on here" it's never really been explained (well, in the park at least) so this ride should add some much-needed back-story and very likely improve the main Nemesis ride experience.
Corky
TTF\'s Unofficial Marketing Guru
Being way too fond of his own opinion since 1983