2012: Nemesis - What Lies Beneath - Part 1

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
crofty2009

i think they should fit a laser quest style ride, into the black hole tent, could even be a pay per ride it would suit the theme in the X sector and wouldn't be too costly to develop.

i would like to see the flume replaced with a more modern water ride, i wouldn't mind a new log flume even as the flume is looking old and very out of place in mutiny bay, it's replacement could be made great though, just look at pirate falls is it? at legoland windsor.

there's a clear need for flat rides so i would expect a few of them to arrive, maybe a flying carpet to suit mutiny bay.

and of course i would like to see several water gut stations added to the rapids, similar to those used in universal studios islands of adventure. and something really simple, when the runaway mine train comes through the tunnel why not have a sensor that activates water jets to add a little extra random get wet (but not drenched) moment.
addy2503

Maybe they could replace the blade with a disk'o coaster, or something similar?
Adam

[quote=""crofty2009""]i think they should fit a laser quest style ride, into the black hole tent, could even be a pay per ride it would suit the theme in the X sector and wouldn't be too costly to develop.

i would like to see the flume replaced with a more modern water ride, i wouldn't mind a new log flume even as the flume is looking old and very out of place in mutiny bay, it's replacement could be made great though, just look at pirate falls is it? at legoland windsor.

there's a clear need for flat rides so i would expect a few of them to arrive, maybe a flying carpet to suit mutiny bay.

and of course i would like to see several water gut stations added to the rapids, similar to those used in universal studios islands of adventure. and something really simple, when the runaway mine train comes through the tunnel why not have a sensor that activates water jets to add a little extra random get wet (but not drenched) moment.[/quote]

Some good suggestions there actually. I'd be happy with any or all of them!

I just hope they really pull out the stops over the next few years!
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
oldgitBEN

let me just have a babble whats in my mind at the moment...

LAST year, we heard that shrek was coming to the ice tent, and the farm would be re-themed to far far away land. Sadly this didnt come to fruition.

We have now been told that there will be a significant spend for the 2012 season, to which to look forward to.

2013 is going to be the next SW.

Winters at Alton normally revolve around the farm, so far nothing official has been released. With rumours of Cloud Cuckoo opening this year.

--

So the farm missed out on a retheme, may not open this year, we are expecting another family ride not an SW and more than likely a full area retheme.

So the farm and Spinball to be joined in a new area, new indoor attraction with a few additional kids rides to support this.

Dont think it seems too stretched from current details.
djtruefitt

I think the farm/storybook land/adventure land could well be rethemed or feature something new, espeically with the Beast being closed, and im pretty sure they will remove that during the closed season (to be fair im surprised its still there), and hopefully replace it.

Im hoping if they retheme the farm or adventure land they dont completely change it as the area does look well themed and works well, im not too sure what they could theme it too.
JB1985

Is anyone else concerned that not a lot seems to be happening? no plans, no clearing, nothing...
Blaze

Um, no. :?

Just because we haven't seen the plans doesn't mean there aren't any. And it's only July.

It won't take long to remove the tent if that's the direction they take, and it will be fairly easy to get permission by Alton's standards.
JB1985

That's true but i can hardly see the medium investment family ride being built on that site. I guess I am just hoping the black hole tent is finally used for something amazing. A not a coaster, we are getting one in 2013 lets get something different in!
Blaze

Why not a coaster? There used to be one there, and the park are lacking in family thrill coasters. They have Nemesis, Oblivion, Air and Rita for the thrill market, but only Sonic and Thirteen for the all inclusive market.
JB1985

two coasters in two years is possible i suppose but i would really like to see some sort of interactive dark ride...
Maelstrom

If they do add a coaster next year and sw7 in 2013 that's 3 coasters over 4 seasons, we have had this happen before with air (2002), spin ball (2004) & Rita (2005).

However I have doubts over a new family/thrill coaster in 2012 and think more likely to see a new kids coaster, new flat ride (something like maelstrom at dmp) and possibly the 4d cinema as well.
Pennywise

[quote=""Blaze""] but only Sonic and Thirteen for the all inclusive market.[/quote]

Slightly off-topic, but I would definitely consider RMT to be an all inclusive coaster. :) That said, I certainly wouldn't say no to a new coaster in the Black Hole tent, can't see it happening next year though.
Chris1

I don't see why we couldn't expect a Black Hole replacement and something in the old ice show tent seeing as both would be relatively inexpensive...

I would probably prioritise a Black Hole replacement and X-Sector clean up over anything atm though...
Dormiens-Dave

[quote=""JB1985""]Is anyone else concerned that not a lot seems to be happening? no plans, no clearing, nothing...[/quote]

Large areas of the park come under something called a "General Development Order (GDO)" in these areas so long as towers stay within the declared restrictions related to the GDO they do not need planning permission to build in these areas.

Interestingly if Thirteen hadn't gone into the woods then it wouldn't have needed planning as the Corkscrew site was within the GDO.

This is the reason we never saw plans for Rita or Spinball
ry1996

In the 10 Year plan was anything "flat ride wise" in the plan ?
Blaze

Nothing specific. Three big coasters is the only specific details they gave.
jack030894

I think next year they shud retheme x sector and possibly retheme the flume to fit in mutiny bay or demolish the flume for 2013 for a new water flume or water rollercoaster. Also possibly a new flat for the dark forest x x :D xx
mrbrightside

X Sector should definitely not be re-themed. It just needs investment to bring it back up to standard. It's the most solid theme in the park, and with investment to the Black Hole tent, it can become a much loved area of the park again...

As for The Flume, if they got rid of it next year it would suggest SW7 being some kind of water ride, but I don't really see that myself.
ImageImage
Blaze

X Sector needs work, but the theme is the best on the park, and Oblivion is the best themed coaster in the country by a long shot. Or at least was. All it would take is a million or two to get the place looking great again, and the medium invesment net year will completely revitalise the area, if indeed the ride goes there.

The Flume won't be making way for SW7. The location is all wrong. It's in a family area close to the entrance, and the space includes trees and a lake. Having a thrill ride there would be totally out of place, produce huge queues and will require draining of the lake and tree removal.
mrbrightside

When referring to SW7 I meant were it some kind of Water-Coaster it would fit there, but as I doubt that too - nothing is gonna happen to the Flume for a good few years - other than it possibly becoming SBNO.
ImageImage