2012: Nemesis - What Lies Beneath - Part 1

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Blaze

[quote=""AstroDan""][quote=""Blaze""]Prety sure this Nemeis Omega One stuff is just because it sounds cool.

As exciting as all this is (i.e. very), let's not go down that route again...[/quote]

Whilst I agree with the idea of remaining on the ground with this, at the same time - let's not all just wallow in depression and negativity. Otherwise this will just be a horrid place to be!

:)[/quote]
I'm not being negative, far from it. I've come out fighting the negativity.

I'm just saying we shouldn't go reading into everything and fishing for clues and turning this into another Thirteen overly-anal anaylsing every little line on the poster style farce.

:)
AstroDan

I agree. It's only the likes of Sam doing that with his wretched comments about the "Omega etc etc etc".

I mean Sam, GET REAL.

:p
Tom G

I think this looks really great and I am (pleasantly) surprised they have gone with the Nemesis theme. I basically shot down the idea earlier in this topic. They really should spruce up Nemesis itself though, new station audio and maybe some TLC on the alien theming elements.
Dylan

I've not really had much interest in this project until I watched the video. It has upped the game a bit for me now, and that tiny bit of excitement is creeping in. :)
SIMR

[quote=""SIMR""]
Also, on the map, you can see posters on the boards surrounding the ride. I can make out black and yellow diagonal stripe things which to me suggests the pattern you get on mining machinery etc. and also there's some kind of yellow road sign type of thing, but it looks like a radioactive sign to me :?[/quote]

From a few pages back :wink:

Seriously though, I am uber excited for this now. Who cares if all we get as a ride experience is a small drop tower, Hex is just some cruddy Madhouse, but it's the theming and atmosphere that makes it. Please do this right Alton [-o<
.Will

I do think they will somehow tie the name Nemesis into the ride name. In a way it is an ode to the ride Nemesis, if a ride has other things linked into it then it makes it appear more special.

I do wonder if the All Time Greats campaign does tie in a little with this and was an attempt to see how popular Nemesis was/is and if it could support another ride taking the Nemesis brand and story. Hopefully this will work out, at the same time though it could have been to raise Nemesis awareness.

I have a feeling that there may be something more underlying with this, I do feel that this cements Nemesis position not only at Alton Towers but in the country as a fantastic ride, experience and story. I do think as Nemesis gets older it will be a case of one ride can't live without the other and by that I mean Nemesis: What Lies Beneath can't survive without Nemesis because there is no physical representation there (similar to the tree in Hex) and Nemesis won't be able to live without Nemesis: What Lies Beneath because that will heighten popularity of the ride.

One down side is that Forbidden Valley is now packed. There are rides in every nook and cranny all shoved towards the top and middle with Air alone isolated at the bottom. I'd love to see a general tidy up of the area with more theming added to heighten Nemesis presence in the area for example more tentacles, excavation equipment or even military equipment to show that this isn't a dormant fiber-glass shell but it is a living breathing monster that has conquered a small part of Staffordshire.

Roll on 2012, I really can't wait for this ride I do think that the rides at Alton Towers should be more cemented in their existence and have rides or attractions acknowledging their greatness and telling a story I'd love to see a similar thing done in X-Sector there could be a walk through ride talking about the lost shuttle it really does make the whole ride experience a whole lot better and more interactive.

Good job AT.

So far. Don't cock it up K!

;)
corkscru74

[quote=""DDF14""]Sure im looking into this too much

D0AV Alpha ? 06:50

lost contact 07:03

Maybe hints at - Dead On Arrival ?? also never seen team D0AV Alpha used before in the archive material..

Nemesis Omega One ??? Anyone seen this before .. or just the project name?[/quote]

It's actually DoAV (with the little 'o' depicting it is a small word like 'on' or 'of') my guess would be Descent on Alien Vault/Vehicle/Vessel or something else beginning with 'V'.

The Alpha part and Nemesis Omega One - just sounds cool I think. Alpha being the first letter in the greek, Omega being the last. God is sometimes refered to as "The Alpha and Omega" basically meaning everything. Interestingly Omega is the 24th letter in the greek alphabet - potentially pointing to the 24th March opening time?

Looking at the times we can see the contact is lost 13 minutes into the expedition. 13 of course being a mystical, unlucky number. I don't think it's anything more than that.

I've also had a look through the source code of the webpage but couldn't see anything hidden or of any interest, sadly.

Exciting times! :D
Corky
TTF\'s Unofficial Marketing Guru
Being way too fond of his own opinion since 1983
Blaze

None of it has anything to do with anything! Jesus, using Omega does not in any way hint at opening date, the time before 'contact lost' does not have anything to do with anything!

Guys, please, let's just enjoy the development as it happens, they are not going to give clues to everything in the first video, things will become clearer over time, for now, let's just enjoy the show!
Big Dave

Really do hope that Nemesis and the surrounding area will get a good spruce up. It really needs it! This is not a massive investment really on the scale of things, so hopefully they will have some cash for doing up the valley. Good cleaning, repainting, adding a bit more theming and chopping back some overgrown weeds etc. Also if Air can get a good tidy up as well, then Forbidden Valley will look amazing next year.

Nemesis audio though is a must and Im surprised its still in such a bad way now!