An extra hour of daylight at Alton Towers?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
DiogoJ42

But we are not "gaining" any daylight at all. The sun will still be in the sky for exactly the same amount of time.

The park's opening hours will not change.
Badgy

At first I thought an extra hour of opening in daylight might be welcome, but from a purely selfish point of view my reasoning as to why I like the 9-5.

As previously stated, parks are unlikely to open extra hours, just different ones, so say 11-6 rather then 10-5, with ERT being 1 hour before full opening. Currently for me being 90 minutes away that means I leave home at 7am to be parked up waiting for monorail at 8:30 with a small crowd of others. People with further to go may also leave at 7am (a reasonable time) , but not arrive till later.

If the park opened later, then more people would have chance to arrive for opening and therefore more early queing. Purely selfish I know, but how many people actually queue for sonic? I probably wouldnt ride it at all if it wasnt for ERT.

Badgy
WANTED - Schroedingers Cat - Dead or Alive!
henry96

So this would basically mean being on CET? In that case, wouldn't GMT become redundant? I don't see any benefits, either to Alton Towers or society in general. Either stick to how it is or change to GMT all year; although the proposed bill would mean not having to change the time zone when travelling to Europe. :)
warren90

yer i can see were there are coming from, but for that 1 more hour in the park. hmm i cant thing of any thing better then that. but we have been doing it for yeas and then to change it. i think its a bit wrong. but i am up for it so we can stay and ride Nemesis a few more times.
[/b]"Where the Magic Comes Alive"
James

They wouldn't leave the park open longer though, yeah in the summer they might. But during Scarefest the park will still close at 9pm, they won't stay open till 10 because it gets darker later. So in theory you wouldn't have an extra hour on a ride, as the park will still operate around the same hours, regardless of when the sun rises and sets.