What does AT need?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.

What does Alton Towers need?

Poll runs till Sun Sep 10, 2051 2:00 pm

More flat rides
32%
More coasters
15%
More family rides
5%
More cafes
2%
More facilities
No votes
More events
8%
More characters/ live entertainment
9%
More theming
22%
Other
8%

Total votes: 65
HarveyButterfield

Flats? Coasters? Cafes? What does Alton Towers need? Pick two, and please comment.
Rita is my mum!
Pricey ;)

i would like to see some new events, maybe make easter more interesting? this year was good with the p!nk concert and 30th birthday celebration, i hope they do more stuff next year. DEFFO MORE FLATS TOO!
NickT04

Nemesis 2.
Ritadz

A cross valley woodie.
Danny

A large statue of [s:9nbczi28]John Wardley[/s:9nbczi28] God on Towers Street
moog666

No building restrictions!

If you must make jokes about Steve Jobs, Try to keep them PC.
Blaze

1) more, better flats.

2) A woodie

3) Airtime machine (preferably the woodie)

4) More indoor/dark attractions (BH tent!)

And that's pretty much it, they've got pretty much everything else covered.

Oh, and a statue of John on Towers Street :P
moog666

[quote=""Blaze""]
Oh, and a statue of John on Towers Street :P[/quote]

The inscription should read 'He made the forums smile'

If you must make jokes about Steve Jobs, Try to keep them PC.
Jollylee11

A water ride and Another Hotel :D
Don't_Look_Down

More flat rides! With the exception of Ripsaw, the other flats at AT just can't cut it (pardon the pun)

...oh, and a statue of John Wardley of course ;)
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
Danny

A chav scanner at the entrance of the park. Any chavs that arrive at the park are then immediatly beamed to Thorpe.
fredward

[quote=""Danny""]A large statue of [s:1i0byhq4]John Wardley[/s:1i0byhq4] God on Towers Street[/quote]

In an almighty Freddy Mercury pose?

I think the towers need a really nice Dark ride, but since that wasn't on the list...

Cross Valley Woody F.T.W

:lol:
Slappy McGuire

Thorpe kinda proves that a good theme park shouldn't b all fur and no knickers; if everything is done for the thrill, the park loses something of its soul. The park does need more flats and family rides, but I would also add that they need to be more carefully thought out; Forbidden valley needs more family faire, Dark forest need more flats, as does the gloomy wood. All too often, Alton presents 'kiddie' areas, or 'thrill-junkie' areas, where the reality should always be a careful mix. A drop tower to me is also a must.
Slappy McGuire

[quote=""?V?""]Dark Rides?!
Water Rides?![/quote]Valhalla at Alton! Now THAT would be an SW7...
El Patricko

A chav scanner at the entrance of the park. Any chavs that arrive at the park are then immediatly beamed to Thorpe.

Hope it doesn't judge on appearences, thorpe had no single rider queues the last time i was teleported there :D

Makes me laugh how we always want more coasters, ill bet they get this in cedar point forums too! I voted for more flats and Theming, i have never heard of a ride being overthemed, well maybe this one.
[url=http://www.rcdb.com/1195.htm?p=7247" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.rcdb.com/1195.htm?p=7247[/url]
"If Alton Towers get a shrek 4d attraction next year i, El Patricko will eat a steak garnished with pond weed"

Officially, "the first man out on the town in shorts 2011"
The its man

Bring the brass band back from many years ago. Bring them back I say!
ImageImage
Screw the entrance fee, I have an annual pass!
Blaze

Having spent more time in the gardens, I really, really am strongly against a cross-valley woodie.

A top class water ride (think Valhalla without the unreliabilty and themeing gaps, and classier) is something they should look into between SW7 and 8.
BSwiss

[quote=""The its man""]Bring the brass band back from many years ago. Bring them back I say![/quote]

I agree there should be more things like this. I especially think there should be an African drum band in Katanga, things like these really make themeing all involving.
Trixz

[quote=""Danny""]A chav scanner at the entrance of the park. Any chavs that arrive at the park are then immediatly beamed to Thorpe.[/quote]

I vote for this
WE ARE ALL WITNESSESS
dan219

I think Alton Towers really needs to keep in mind what a resort is and not mess around trying to be one...

A) Needs to have alternative accommodation to the hotels - maybe log cabins and/or camping facilities to make it a true year round place to stay...these suggestions have crept up time and time again.

B) The uniforms on park are VILE and make the staff look like a cheap KFC employee and that's saying something...It would be nice to go back to the days when they looked like resort staff, we Towers Street staff wore blazers and the rest of the site had different uniforms depending where you worked. Now OK the staff get moved from site to site if one particular area is short staffed but the uniform could be better than now...I mean does nobody else feel that 13 for example is reduced in its look slightly by a KFC employee loading you on?

C) Events - Alton Towers has one of the most unique event locations in the country and the P!nk concert was totally on the money with how suited a show like that is. More big acts should definitely be targeted, even if one or two a year would be amazing!

D) It would also be good to have more thinks for 'Non thrill-seekers'. The use of other Merlin names such as building in the aquarium was really good but maybe now they could bring in something like an interactive museum for the towers. Nothing huge, but something that Madame Tussauds magic people could work on with a 'cast' and story...

hmmmmm I shall go now lol