New Flats Ideas?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Blaze

[quote=""electricBlll""]I think that is a pretty Alton Towers-biased point of view. For example, Hex? Really the best in the UK? That is debatable actually. [/quote]
No it isn't.

Hex deffecates over pretty much everything else in the country. Few dark rides in the entire world can compare to it.
Pennywise

[quote=""electricBlll""]I think that is a pretty Alton Towers-biased point of view. For example, Hex? Really the best in the UK? That is debatable actually.
[/quote]

I'm sorry, but if you can name another dark ride in the UK that even comes close to Hex... I haven't ridden it.

Also, I think Chris was talking about the worldwide situation. The UK is rubbish for strong theme parks, so Alton Towers beats all of the other fairly easily. But Alton Towers wants to be a world-class attraction right? In which case, it needs to improve a lot. Especially the flat rides. :)
leammiles

When it comes to flat rides, I've always wanted the theming to be the main priority.

Growing up in Nottingham, i get to go to Goose Fair every year which always has some fantastic flat rides, but they are always standard with no theming.

A place like Alton Towers really could turn any one of the basic flat rides available out there into something fantastic.

My favourite flat ride really is basic and takes up very little space, Rotor, a high speed round room that spins round so fast that you stick to the wall, before the floor drops away, leaving you stuck.

I always believed this world work as part of Hex, or in a similar way to Hex anyway. A spell is cast on the rider to become paralysed and stuck to the walls, similar to a statue or something. Then there is a battle of good and evil before you get released from the ride. (although with rotor, you would need multiple flat rides in order to keep the throughput high enough to make it viable)
Pricey ;)

I have a good idea for either the X-Sector, submission replacement. Or in the Blades ditch... [url=http://www.zamperla.com/en/product/149/ ... egory_id=4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.zamperla.com/en/product/149/ ... egory_id=4[/url]