Thirteen Live?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
spike1911

Sorry to start a new thread instead of putting it in the Scarefest thread but i think this deserves one of its own.

Do you think we will see a Thirteen Live, just like Saw live at Thorpe? If so what features could it have? Personally id love to see the whole queue basically turned into a horror walk through as a big build up to the ride. Would be great.
Islander

[quote=""spike1911""]Personally id love to see the whole queue basically turned into a horror walk through as a big build up to the ride. Would be great.[/quote]
Thirteen's a family ride, though (whatever marketing try and make the GP believe) - a horror walk-through really wouldn't fit it with that...
spike1911

[quote=""Islander""][quote=""spike1911""]Personally id love to see the whole queue basically turned into a horror walk through as a big build up to the ride. Would be great.[/quote]
Thirteen's a family ride, though (whatever marketing try and make the GP believe) - a horror walk-through really wouldn't fit it with that...[/quote]

Depends how you do it. You could easily do something thats family friendly with a few jumps etc. Just like Duel Live.
Nightfall

[quote=""Islander""]a horror walk-through really wouldn't fit it with that...[/quote]
Maybe not but if they aimed for more of a light hearted mood then it could still work.

At the very least it would be great if they got extra staff in so the wraiths could be in the queue at the exit and outside the entrance. From reports so far this year it seems like allot of people have spent a long time in the Dark Forest and not even seen them once.
[align=center]Image[/align]
themealgang

Somehow, I think something will happen to Thirteen during the Scarefest this year. It's the main new addition to the park this year, and the fact they used actors in the rides opening month strongly suggests that something will happen during Halloween. Like Duel, over this period the ride comes into its own...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
PeteB

Isn't Th13teen already live? Wraiths and Bush Demons :?
Khalichanan

[quote=""PeteB""]Isn't Th13teen already live? Wraiths and Bush Demons :?[/quote]

I think they've kind of disappeared, or at least are not as frequent as they used to be.

What would really scare me is the sight of one of the wraiths in the forest. And in the crypt also. The lights flash green and suddenly you have a load of wraith statues who have changed positions.

I'm not holding up a great deal of hope though :/
Mankey

SAW: The ride - live! was quite possibly the most "not alive" thing ever... #-o No actors in there, nothing different!

I fail to see how you could make th13teen alive though... add actors? Basically it'll be like opening if they do.

All a scam to make people ride it more tbh...
Back from hibernation!
Mattia

I think instead of them concentrating on Thirteen live, they should perfect Duel:Live further. It still has a long way to go and ghosts welcoming me to their "home" and going "boo!" really didn't quite do it for me. Where is the dark, twisted yet magical family Duel:Live which the resort craves? It certainly wasn't there last season, the only things that were right was one of the actresses and the music.

I also feel they need to bring in a more intense " - :Live!" too and obviously Hex would be perfect. I really feel that Hex should be more intense in terms of scare rating than Duel but less than TOTT. They need to make this official and get it running for the entire event by proper actors and really give it this interactive element that would work so well. I can imagine it would be a great experience and hex is one of THE most perfect settings for something to go live. :)
joshc807

Thirteen's a family ride, though (whatever marketing try and make the GP believe) - a horror walk-through really wouldn't fit it with that...
Duels a family attraction they still have people popping out scaring people...
riderita

I think the best thing they can do with Thirteen is to get actors dressed as Wraiths inside the building.

They pose like statues until they're about to drop and then HISSSSSSSSSSSSSS! They lurch at the train just before it drops!

There's PLENTY of space for actors inside the building (i was just thinking this idea when I was there yesterday!).

Apart from this idea i only see there being more actors around the area.
alvpel

[quote=""riderita""]I think the best thing they can do with Thirteen is to get actors dressed as Wraiths inside the building.

They pose like statues until they're about to drop and then HISSSSSSSSSSSSSS! They lurch at the train just before it drops!

There's PLENTY of space for actors inside the building (i was just thinking this idea when I was there yesterday!).

Apart from this idea i only see there being more actors around the area.[/quote]
It is not safe to add actors to the building, basically because the actors might fall, and that is not good for Alton Towers [-X :yikes:
For a funny thing to do in scarefest, or in oblivion's b-day, just before dropping add: Don't Look Down LOL
PETER MOWBRAY

I think it would be brilliant for a live special event.. 8) 8)

good posting Spike.. 8)
For the latest news and quality updates from Blackpool & The Pleasure Beach look here..
Click on the Domain..! [url=http://www.liveinblackpool.co.uk\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.liveinblackpool.co.uk[/url]
Benedique

Actors inside the crypt would be brilliant, but we all got told on the th13teen evening that nobody is allowed inside the crypt whilst it's in use due to health and safety. :(

There is so much potential for th13teen during scarefest, I remember going to a halloween event at a farm a couple of years ago and they had a tractor ride that was fully interactive, actors dressed as ghosts swung from the trees above the ride as the tractors approached, it was family friendly but still provided that element of surprise for the adults. They could make use of the tree's around the ride with actors just as the farm did.

Another idea I would love to see, would be for Alton Towers to get their hands on a projector for the scarefest period. They could place it within the crypt and run a second long clip of the girl from the adverts, it would still have the same effect of having a live actor in there whilst maintaining health and safety rules.

They could also have certain times i.e. say after 6pm were th13teen becomes unsuitable for children under a certain age. That way the kids have the ride all day but by night the adults get extra scares :)
riderita

John Wardley was in the crypt in the first few days of thirteen...

How can they make exceptions to health and safety?
Joelio

[quote=""riderita""]John Wardley was in the crypt in the first few days of thirteen...

How can they make exceptions to health and safety?[/quote]

Not when the ride was operating though which is the crux sadly.
riderita

:D He was, he said he was inside of the crypt when in operation...

He made a comment similar to "I wish you could have seen the terrified faces of the people inside the crypt on the first opening days" when he was giving us a tour of it...
Joelio

[quote=""riderita""]
:D He was, he said he was inside of the crypt when in operation...

He made a comment similar to "I wish you could have seen the terrified faces of the people inside the crypt on the first opening days" when he was giving us a tour of it...[/quote]

He might've meant on a camera from the op's booth? if he was in the Crypt though i'll happily concede :)
DiogoJ42

He was probably on the upper level. No one is allowed on the lower floor because they will get squished, but the top floor is ok.
Dormiens-Dave

Yup no-one is allowed in the lower drop zone during operation, its probably to do with getting squished by the platform as well as the risk of high pressure hydrolic fluid potentially leaking as in the up position you are along side the ram in the lower drop zone (just like you cant be inside rita's hydrolic room during operation).

I think he meant seing the faces of people on the CCTV, as it would have spoiled the mood of the ride somewhat for people if a gaggle of towers staff where stood in the corner of the crypt whilst riding