The Future of The Flume

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Themeparksandy1981

They won't replace the flume to it costs to much to maintain or H&S close it down or make them do extra work to it which won't be worth the costs. Good examples of H&S is at the American Adventure when they were forced to close there flume and the flume at Thorpe park having it's first life hill and drop roof removed. When I went on the flume last year it was still in a very good shape.
Stan.H

If it was up to me, I would scrap it... Get a mack water coaster and a small log flume for cbeebies land.
Adam.W

I believe that according to the long term development plan, the flume will be removed within the next 5 years.
TH14TEEN

What do people see in the closure of the flume for the remainder of this season? A sign or redevelopment or removal, perhaps?
Aidan Lowe

It won't be removed, they say its re-opening when the park re-opens on March 19th.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
MakoMania

The ride's temporary closure is more than likely just for cost cutting reasons.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Dom

I reckon no changes will be made for next season except for one

Credit to Scruffy Dog Facebook page
Ryan.B

New giant duck!
JonDoesTT

Another image from Scruffy Dog. If this is for the flume, there'll be more than 1 new duck :lol

Credit to NemesisRider
Liam.W

Nice to see it's getting some TLC, if you class (at least) 2 new theming pieces as TLC that is. Personally I don't think it's worth it, don't call me boring but I don't find it fun. I would much rather spend my time on another ride unless it's extremely hot like it was earlier this year.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

JonDoesTT

smileradvocate1 wrote:I don't find it fun. I would much rather spend my time on another ride unless it's extremely hot like it was earlier this year.
I think the flume is great, I much prefer it to the rapids :D

Credit to NemesisRider
CJH

Could this not be for extraordinary golf? A re theme of the teacups hole? Something which everyone has said needed a spruce up.
JonDoesTT

CJH wrote:Could this not be for extraordinary golf? A re theme of the teacups hole? Something which everyone has said needed a spruce up.
Possibly, but looking at other photos they are massive - a bit too big for extraordinary golf.

Credit to NemesisRider
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Scruffy Dog have confirmed that the ducks are for Soap & Glory, rather than Merlin.

Liam.W

lewis97 wrote:Scruffy Dog have confirmed that the ducks are for Soap & Glory, rather than Merlin.

I saw those ducks on Twitter a few weeks back and wondered if they were the ducks we thought were going to Alton towers, didn't say anything though until we had conformation
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

RedStar98

The Flume is an important part of Alton Towers for me (it was my favourite ride when I was younger and too small for the bigger rides) and it would be a shame to see it go, but I recognise that it is getting quite old these days and it doesn't have too many years left. Hopefully over next season they'll be tidying it up a bit, cleaning it and maybe adding some new theming. Its still a popular ride and always attracts huge queues in summer.
Master_feedback

Sad to say I think The Flume has had its last run already... but it would be nice if they opened it for a week in the summer holidays to give people a cance of a last ride.