The Future of The Flume

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
sku11dude123

If the flume does go there should be either a rollercoaster or flat ride taking its place. I don't trust alton making a Boat ride (we all know how charlie turned out.....)  :lol:
SpinballEdders

sku11dude123 wrote: If the flume does go there should be either a rollercoaster or flat ride taking its place. I don't trust alton making a Boat ride (we all know how charlie turned out.....)  :lol:
You do realised that Charlie was rethemed,NOT built from scratch, right? and I would trust Alton to make a damn good water ride, look at CCR, it's awesome! Also if you're saying that CATCF is crap because it's a water ride, then you're saying the 80 days and Toyland were also crap, because it's technically the same layout but with different themes. ;)
sku11dude123

Whoops... I trust them with the ride LAYOUT but when it comes to themeing.....Oh boy....  :lol:
Dom

Out of all the water water rides at AT its the only water ride that has history to it. I personally think its an ok ride, but its about time they got rid of the old thing and replace it with something like buzzsaw falls in America, but retheme it to go with Katanga canyon.

Or they could utilise the space by adding two rides; one facing Gloomy Wood and themed around the area and then one facing Mutiny Bay with a pirate theme.
Last edited by Dom on Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoasterCrazyChris

I think we can be pretty certain The Flume will be the site of the park's next major family water ride.

For the sake of reputation, it needs to be more than just a log flume with a loose pirate theme.

The park desperately needs to claw back its reputation for unique and innovative family rides. Just like the original log flume and Grand Canyon Rapids were in the 80s and the Haunted House and Runaway Mine Train in 1992. They were the benchmark in this country and set the standards for other parks to follow.

They need to get back to this tradition - instead of messing around with off-the-shelf family attractions such as Battle Galleons and Spinball Whizzer.

:)
Themeparksandy1981

I think it will be replaced with another water ride. Would love to see a indoor/outdoor water ride like the ride at Sea World.
Storm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Fuga_ ... daland.JPG

bring this to Alton Towers and its owned by Merlin parks too!

Loved Journey to Atlantis in Sea World
Adam

Exactly ^

That mixed with Journey to Atlantis & Valhalla would be perfect!
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Storm

.Adam wrote: Exactly ^

That mixed with Journey to Atlantis & Valhalla would be perfect!
^ WOW ^ couldnt get any better than that... could you?
Benjy Alton Towers Kid

There is loads of speculation and rumors that the Flume could close. The ride is old and grotty and the Imperial Leather 'sponser' has done nothing but get them money. It needs some serious re-theming. If the ride does close down (which I hope it doesn't!!!), I'd hope that Towers would replace it with a bigger, better and properly themed log flume.

Benjy Alton Towers Kid :D 
Theme Parks are my way of life.

Benjy Alton Towers Kid :)
Keep smiling!!! :)
spark

Well I can confirm that the flume boats are undergoing a refurb

A place round the corner from me have a few of these, so I wouldn't expect the flume to be going anywhere soon, boat number 9
BigAl

I'm glad to see they're getting a refurbishment. Is the rest of the ride receiving any real maintenance? The ride isn't actually that bad and is extremely popular with guests at Alton. It makes sense to keep it going as a newer ride wouldn't make them enough money at the moment. A replacement will be needed once numbers slump. I can't see that happening for a few years at the very least. And besides all of that, I like the Flume! :)
Dormiens-Dave

The park are doing a lot of cleaning and refreshing at the mo so it wouldn't surprise me if Flume isn't at least a little less drab in March.
Ritadz

Am a fan of the flume so am glad it's not going for at least a couple years. I'm going to predict that it goes in 2017, probably the year after SW8. :)
----reece----

It only has a large que line becuase it is the only flume and everyone enjoys a flume. It would draw even more people if it was a brand new bigger and better ~(and better themed)~ type of flume.

I agree with the cross between valhalla and journy to atlantis. That would be epic! I just hope it is sooner rather than later..
Benjy Alton Towers Kid

It's great that the Flume is getting a refurb. Instead of demolishing the whole ride, why don't Towers just retheme the ride and advertise it as a new ride (I.e. what they did with Sonic Spinball!)

JaykeAT

Benjy Alton Towers Kid wrote: It's great that the Flume is getting a refurb. Instead of demolishing the whole ride, why don't Towers just retheme the ride and advertise it as a new ride (I.e. what they did with Sonic Spinball!)

It went through heavy re-theme not to long ago and would really be stupid to re-theme it again so soon imo
----reece----

Retheme again ? It is maybe the worst flume i have ever been on to be honest... if i think of all MAJOR themeparks it is awul compared to others. Even when it first got rethemed...
Rip it down!!
Benjy Alton Towers Kid

I know it has been re-themed recently but that was mainly for the sponser to get money. The main things that need to be sorted are the track with is covered in green mould and moss and overall disgusting stuff. At least a re-theme would be better than it leaving.

Dom

Benjy Alton Towers Kid wrote: I know it has been re-themed recently but that was mainly for the sponser to get money. The main things that need to be sorted are the track with is covered in green mould and moss and overall disgusting stuff. At least a re-theme would be better than it leaving.
i think the moss and green mould on the tracks is kind of cool. it makes it look aged and kinda fits in with the trees etc