What's The Best Flat Ride For Alton In The Future?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
seanyboyuk

a drop tower could make use of oblivions tunnel when its days are long gone.
we could have a superman ride clone and it would work well i think
edjc

I would love to see a drop tower mostly underground, to suit planning restrictions.
They could have some crazy X-Sector theming, give it a story and then have projections all over the tunnel walls telling a story.

Would be good if you entered at ground level, not knowing what you were about to do, then sat in the seats. The floor would then fall away, showing a huge lit hole (special effects could make it look even deeper), lean forward (like Apocalypse) then you drop down, tugged faster than gravity. Could then either bounce back up quickly, or rise slowly with special effects all around.

That would be awesome!
Gloomy Dude

Tell you what I'd like to see. A Huss Topple Tower, like 'Timber Tower' at Dollywood. Looks a right laugh. Although, the wet shoes wouldn't be such a laugh.

(Photo pinched from Theme Park Review)

Youtube Vid

I imagine it could fit in into the Dark Forest theme quite well, as some kind of haunted tree type thing, maybe where Boneshaker used to sit? It would certainly have an all round appeal, and if put in the right place height wouldn't be an issue.
For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride
Ritadz

I would love to see a ride like slammer at thorpe park it is my favorite flat ride there and i would to see one in the dark forest maybe theme it as a torture machine that the wraiths use?
oran9087

If they scraped Blade, And bought a newer better and bigger experience (Pirate ship) that would be good, as The Blade is a little small and doesnt give thrills like it used to, if they got a new one and put it in munity bay they could then put a ride like Gravitation Back, I do beleive that pleasure island are selling it so maybe Alton Towers could buy the ride back from the people they sold it to. :lol:
Something Special @ Alton Towers - coming 2013
WILL IT BE WHAT WARDLEY WANTED?
Nemesis=16 Air=16 Rita=10 Oblivion=8 TH13TEEN=13
As of March April 2010 March 2011
Sam-urai

I would like to see a new spinning pendulum ride for Forbidden Valley.
Please visit Merlin Mania - http://www.merlinmania.com/
Big C

The topple tower is an evil peice of equipment: can be very nautious and quite wet if you are very small.

Every area needs a flat for Alton to be the U.K's best theme park:
FV: Yes (Although a bit old)
X - Sector: Yes (Although QUITE painful)
UL/DF: No, not even one. (Topple tower and Maelstrom and/or Sky Swinger)
AL: No. (Demolish The Beastie and place a Huss breakdance and/or top swing)
KC: No, but no space.
GW: No, but no idea...
Secret submission lover.
Who doesn't love that comfy piece of chance?

I am a brass band nerd, deal with it!
Rush

As already mentioned in other places, I would love to see a Screamin' Swing. It's just sucha suitable family thrill ride and is so rare in Europe.

Other flat rides that really stand out to me are; S&S Sky Swatter (Slammer); Fabbri air diver; Mondial Supernova (Boneshaker); Ride Trade Gyro Swing (Maelstrom).

The Air Diver (as seen below) really is one exceptional flat ride, it boast's not only incredible zero-G floats but also an acceleration rate of 0-60 in 2.5 seconds (yes, the same as Rita) and a stand-up floorless seating position. That said with a height of 125ft and throughput of 100pph, it would be useless to Alton.

A Sky Swatter is too thrill orientated and too large for Alton, peaking at over 105ft the park would have quite a job finding somewhere suitable for one.

A Mondial Supernova has been done before, and simply for that reason cannot see them bringing one back in, but who knows, the ride type pretty much fits the bill as a family thrill.

A gyro-swing is certainly possible, personally I could see one in forbidden valley (the footprint of smaller models being the same as that of Ripsaw). Another suitable site would be on that of the Blackhole.

All that said, I cannot see Alton installing many new thrill-flat rides at all, they have never been too successful for the park, probably because the park use (and market) them as support rides, not centrepiece rides. A good flat ride (for example Rush, Detonator, Vortex) can be marketed as a centrepiece ride, and, have proven themselves as the 9 year old Detonator and Vortex still draw 45 minute + crowds. The same cannot be said (except for occasional peak days when throughput is slow)and has never been the case for the likes of Ripsaw and Submission.
AltonThorpe

Sorry to be off topic but is that Air Diver is in the middle of a street (well it looks like it) :shock:
England 38-21 New Zealand - 1st December 2012

Twickenham Stadium
alvpel

I would put a Huss Fly Away, where enterprise is, It is the same thing but one is flying!
James6

^ Nooooo :P

They look so painful, like being swung around in a cage. Leave strange positions on rides to companies like B&M where they can make anything smooth/comfortable. :)

Edit: Breakdance anyone :D ?
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P
Coaster Crazy Alex

^ Dragon Khan has been quite rough lately! :D

I would love to see a Maelstrom (DP) and a Boneshaker in Dark Forest. Both great rides and COULD be themed thoroughly and correctly.
Massive thanks to adzy for the signature and avatar!
Xbox Live - Blanddak1ller LFD2,FIFA10 and MW2 expert; feel free to add me!
TheWraithWithNoFace

Drop Tower please, but with the height restrictions, it would have to be a pretty big hole.

OR they could build the biggest most realistic trees, and put the drop tower inside.
Top 5 Nemesis|The Flume...Obviously.|Oblivion|Duel|Rita
Terra

I think a ride like this in the dark forest would be awesome - [url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;] ... re=channel[/url] or, alternatively, something like this - [url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;] ... re=related[/url]

Of course, if it was themed totally different (The spinning bits could be themed as trees?) it would fit in so perfectly, IMO.

I like the idea of a breakdance, but haven't they already had one there before? I doubt they'd add another one in.. didn't work first time, they wont risk it again. If they will bring a ride in, it'll be one that they haven't had before.

It would be hard replacing Enterprise, because the space is incredibly small. If they were to replace enterprise, they would also have to get rid of Submission if they wanted to have the room to build a good flat. I think, if they replaced Submission and Enterprise with a good flat, things would turn out better.

Replace enterprise with something like this - [url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url] (better themed, obviously). or, something like this - [url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]

A Move it 32 would fit in the X Sector area so well. I wonder if they'd be able to supply a park version? To my knowledge, they've only made 1 fair version of it?
seanyboyuk

What about a drop tower that is built next to the towers building as an aditional tower? Failing that use one of the existing towers and dig underground, They would only have to get permission to use the building that way as it would all be enclosed. The entrance of the ride could be near hex or on the oposite side near x sector?
Kevi8587

2011 i think they should add 2 new flats not just one i'm sure alton towers can afford 2 new rides ,maybe that vortex ride like terra said in the dark forest and maybe the sledgehammer ride something like this would be cool

[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;] ... re=related[/url]
Lilypad

A well themed drop tower would be good like this:
One thing I would like a "drop" tower to be able to do is shoot back up as well as down.
elmerfudd

Or, how about something simple to replace submission over in x-sector.

[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]

As for Forbidden Valley, Completly remove Ripsaw, Move The Blade over to Mutiny Bay, and in its place have an extreme, brand new thrill ride, maybe something like this, but on a smaller scale:

[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]

For those who cant see properly, the seats move forwards when you are at the top so you are pretty much leaning face down.
I believe that would be a first in Europe?
D-Man

The thing is that the spinning drop tower just looks really plain and boring to me and Ripsaw still gives out a good and very fun experience. I don't think they should replace Ripsaw at all maybe give it a spruce up and add the themeing again and you will have a completely new ride. I love Ripsaw especially on a very hot day when those jets get u right in the face and cool you off. Ripsaw just suits FV and the general area. :lol:
Alba gu brath! Scotland Forever!
elmerfudd

^Do not get me wrong D-man, its probably the best flat they have, but its no way near in the same league as Rameses down at Chessington, and they are the same ride!
I just think Alton need that something in terms of flats. They have the rollercoasters, lets see if they can deliver in the flat department. If Thorpe can do it, why cant Alton?! :D