2009: Sharkbait Reef by SEA LIFE

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Sanbrooke Productions

I have being informed of a new Sea Life attracttion to open in Mutiny Bay in the 2009 season. Little is known at the momen't but as always i will post as i get it. Personally i like the sound of this and will fit in nicley with the bay with sharks ect. :D
Leon

Sounds interesting! Where would it go though?

Leon
DomB

really, this is exciting news.

Nice one shawn!
Johno

This is just the type of thing I hoped they'd do with Mutiny Bay.

Just add another attraction a year on, and then a few years on to keep everything fresh.
Sanbrooke Productions

[quote=""Leon""]Sounds interesting! Where would it go though?[/quote]

In the 3D cinema tent :)
Leon

Woops! :lol: lol

The flume is a misfit though
:roll:

Leon
AstroDan

I also have reason to believe this, although have refrained from posting anything before now because I always believe that people can end up getting in trouble if stuff like this is leaked.

However, now that someone else has said it, it doesn't matter. The forthcoming Monorail train should reflect this.

This is not in any way confirmed by the park however, and I would imagine would be in addition to the Skyride and Area Re-Theme taking place for the 2009 season.

:)
DomB

This is what comes of boredom!
AstroDan

Well, actually - a piratey themed Aquarium could look REALLY good at Alton Towers.

I think a lot of my previous concerns about a Sea Life attraction were that it would look generic. Luckily at Alton Towers, a Sea Life attraction would be as part of a wider investment - unlike Chessington, where they've had only a Sea Life Centre in the past however many years.

Alton used to have an aquarium, so something like this should be welcomed. It would certainly boost the "resort" and could fit in very nicely to Mutiny Bay. I would not, however, want the Sea Life branding slapped everywhere as the logo wouldn't fit with Mutiny Bay.
DomB

yeah, as I think what I just made proves that, the colours don't really go.
Nick

If they can make it look like the Sea Life at Blackpool, it will fit in perfectly
DomB

If they make the exterior piratey, it could look pretty good.

Adding a sealife makes sense anyway.
They wan't to broaden their new family friendly image, what with Mutiny Bay, and their new kiddy land. Having another family friendly attraction, before 2010 is a good idea. If, as we strongly believe 2010 is Thrill Seeker aimed.
Last edited by DomB on Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ollie

Based on exsisting SeaLife Attractions, I couldn't see an attraction like fitting in the the Mutiny Bay Theme.

I'd prefer too see it themed, consistent with the current Mutiny Bay theme, so SeaLife tanks and cases themed around an old Shipwreck or something similar.

Will look foward to an attraction like this, if it does decide to make an appearance at Alton Towers. T'would be very different and a nice break from the Coasters :D
seanyboyuk

oooh great another cinema attraction..........boring..........
Wes

I think you have the wrong end of the stick?
BULBOUS

Isn't that a rather small area to host a sea life - sorry, SEA LIFE centre? I'm not really sure how far back that area expands, unless they're gonna go onto a carpark or staff area?

I think this would go well as either a separate attraction or incorporated into the park - after all, it'd be something else to do in Winter. :D
Adjective: Fat, round, or bulging.
Crofty

[quote=""Yoshi-Dom""]Image

This is what comes of boredom![/quote]

You mean your banner or the actual boredom of visiting this proposed new attraction?
How about sticking a mini Alton towers in a real sealife centre to make those also worth visiting. :P

:D :D
DomB

The banner
Kaycee

This makes me cry big, big tears. :(:(

I HATE SeaLife centres. Once you've been to one and walked infuriatingly slowly round the tiny, cramped corridors teeming with other people, seen a fish... then another fish... oh, and look, there's another fish, then you have seen all of them.

I spent all of five minutes in the Chessie one before getting so annoyed/bored, I had to go stand on a little platform on the side and wait for the others to finish looking at all the swimming fish with people constantly barging past - or stationing themselves bang in front of a particular little fish tank and staying there ageees watching the little fish swimming around, so you can't see the little fish swimming around. :x

And also, to me, all it basically is is Merlin putting a huge fat 'Merlin' stamp all over the park. A SeaLife centre has no place at Alton Towers, IMO. I'll go in to see it when it opens and just be like 'oh look, another SeaLife centre. Another reason not to go to one in Birmingham or Newquay or wherever and take my paying family/friends'.

Grrrrrrr.

The only good thing about it is that at least the 3D cinema won't sit there unused anymore, but by Jove, this is not what I'd hoped would go in it. :( :( I'm sure 'families in general' will love all the fish, and will be thankful that I have no say what goes in the park. :(:(
Last edited by Kaycee on Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leon

How about a decent flat?

Oh no, it's a cinema. Oh well let's wait until 2012 before anything decent comes along.

Although families will appreciate this.

Leon