2009: Sharkbait Reef by SEA LIFE

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Johno

[url=http://img146.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sealifeso4.jpg" target="_blank]http://img146.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sealifeso4.jpg[/url]

I'm sorry, but is it just me who thinks WOAHHHHH!!!!

If this is meant to be a filler year raring to go for 2010, then what's SW6 going to be like?!

It fits in so well, and if the inside is as good, then it's going to be a fantastic addition!
rightbackgranty

I felt positive about this attraction before, and feel even more so now. The ideas look great, and I really hope that permission is granted. If they got permission for Battle Galleons I cant see this getting rejected.
Sir John Talbot

Ooh, so the tents actually being taken down.

Good riddance I say. This looks terrific, really quite impressive for what is a down-year before a substantial project.

See, now this is what minimal years should be like. No Haunted Hollow or Dung Heap crap, this is exactly what they should be aiming for!
Christo Dawson

(Starts to dribble uncontrollably, fingers start to twitch, eyes opening and closing rapidly, full on erection, makes smile before falling on floor.)
Damn, wish there was a smiley for that, but wow :D
Excellent themeing on the outside, wonder about interior :?:
Sent on some sort of phone using a gimmick called Tapatalk

Nͬ͋̓ͣ̐ͭ̚͟͏̣̱̠̺͍͍͍̮̞Ḛ̷̤̘̯̪͑͠ͅM̒҉͉̯̦͍̰̠̀E̯̲̓̃̃̐̿̿̓͞S̷̞̹̠͎̻̯̽̐I̶̢̟̥͕̺͍̘̻̠̐̏ͯ͗͋̿ͣS̰͔̺ͯ̅̆̐
Kaz

Guy's you are ultimately masturbating over what appears to be some aged breeze blocks and wooden polls. I don't think we can make any judgment on this attraction until you walk through those doors.
rightbackgranty

I'd imagine that the themeing inside will be a continuation of the outside. Shipwreck effect anyone?

Bit like Angelsea Sea zoo if anyones visited.
Sir John Talbot

[quote=""Kaz""]Guy's you are ultimately masturbating over what appears to be some aged breeze blocks and wooden polls. I don't think we can make any judgment on this attraction until you walk through those doors.[/quote]

Yes, we can. We now have a feel of what the attraction will look like, and it looks good. Hence, we know the intention and general idea behind the attraction, whereas before we did not. What it's made from is quite irrelevant, really.
Chris J

Notice the name on the theming plans, C. Holland. The same woman named in the press release for being behind the design of Thorpe Park's SAW and Oblivion.

Should be good :D
Sir John Talbot

[quote=""Matt""]Ok.
Read this.
[url=http://www.uttoxeteradvertiser.co.uk/ut ... ?ID=360059" target="_blank]http://www.uttoxeteradvertiser.co.uk/ut ... ?ID=360059[/url]

:s

Matt
:)x[/quote]

Misconstrued information. Plans confirm this is in Mutiny Bay... obviously.

Common sense is FUN.
Matt

[quote=""Sir John Talbot""][quote=""Matt""]Ok.
Read this.
[url=http://www.uttoxeteradvertiser.co.uk/ut ... ?ID=360059" target="_blank]http://www.uttoxeteradvertiser.co.uk/ut ... ?ID=360059[/url]

:s

Matt
:)x[/quote]

Misconstrued information. Plans confirm this is in Mutiny Bay... obviously.

Common sense is FUN.[/quote]

I know the plans say it's in MB, I do read this forum in my spare time :roll:

I was posting it because the newspaper seem to be mixing things up a little.
It's not that I didn't know what was going on.... :roll:

Matt
:)x
Wes

There is so much wrong with that article. That reporter is obviously and idiot.
ihavenoknees

Jim didn't fix that.
see above[/i]
Thom

Aye, the scouts did Revolution at BPB. I remember arguing that with my mum last week :lol:

Reading the plan documents, it does mention that the Aquarium is a replacement for the removal of the "Ug Bugs" ride in terms of visitors, so that's confirmation of something we pretty much guessed then.

Also on one of the plans, there seem's to be a queueline marked inside the building, and also one half of the entrance bypassing the queue as such. We wont be having Fastrack Sealife for £4 next year will we? :shock: How does Chessie's work in terms of capacity and queues?

Thom...
Corkscrewed

[quote=""Matt""]Ok.
Read this.
[url=http://www.uttoxeteradvertiser.co.uk/ut ... ?ID=360059" target="_blank]http://www.uttoxeteradvertiser.co.uk/ut ... ?ID=360059[/url][/quote]

Ok, this guy is either young, an idiot, or mentally impaired. either that or just out to stir up trouble. Knowing these Journalistic types these days, it could be one or many of the above.

Jeesh...
jonathan leake

[quote=""Thom""]Aye, the scouts did Revolution at BPB. I remember arguing that with my mum last week :lol:

Reading the plan documents, it does mention that the Aquarium is a replacement for the removal of the "Ug Bugs" ride in terms of visitors, so that's confirmation of something we pretty much guessed then.

Also on one of the plans, there seem's to be a queueline marked inside the building, and also one half of the entrance bypassing the queue as such. We wont be having Fastrack Sealife for £4 next year will we? :shock: How does Chessie's work in terms of capacity and queues?

Thom...[/quote]

Most of the time you can walk straight into the one at Chessington. If not theirs a member of staff at the entrance latting people go in. Quite bad really cause all the people stood outside block up the path as their isnt a que.
Nathan

I must say the attention to detail on the attraction’s entrance looks fantastic and we can only assume that the interior theming will follow suit.

On the note of the planning application stating that it's a boat ride, perhaps this is what Russell Barnes meant when he was referring to Alton’s magic touch to the SEA LIFE brand?

Again, it could simply be a mistake as AstroDan pointed out, but we can hope!
Dr Pop Rocket

Fantastic! Not only do I love the entrance theming, but I think this will be a nice addition to Alton Towers. Very much enjoyed the Sealife at Chessington, was nice to get away from it all and enjoy the experience for 20 minutes or so. No doubt it will be a hit just like Chessingtons, I just hope the entrance theming continues throughout the entire attraction. :)
Johno

I actually like the idea of a short boat ride through tunnels of sharks, perhaps with a quick preshow and then an interactive exhibit right at the end.

Doubt it's happen, but I like the idea of AT creating a new Sea Life styled attraction. With a 'tagline', something like 'SeaLife ATTACK!' or 'ENCOUNTER' etc.
rightbackgranty

I've been thinking about that boat ride thing as well. This is the planning application for a new attraction. Surely they wouldnt make such a massive mistake.

Theres a huge difference between building an indoor boat ride, and an indoor walk through aquarium.

Cant see Alton Towers making such a mistake on an important planning document.