2009: Explorers Buffet Restaurant @ Katanga Canyon

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
NF2

[quote=""Ash""]Havent the Pizza Hut and KFC failed hygene inspections before?[/quote]

Yeah, I heard that aswell and it mentions it on Wikipedia also. It doesn't state which, but it was one of the KFC's.

[quote=""Wikipedia""]In October 2006, 15 out of 19 fast food outlets, and an independently run Kentucky Fried Chicken failed local council health inspections.[/quote]
Ash

There are food hygenie reports on the net, you just have to know where to look :)
PeteB

Im just wondering if these Pizza and Pasta outlets are run by AT themselves? If so it would be a step in the right direction, I mean imagine how much money KFC, Pizza Hut and BK rake in from the park. As they are all franchises I suppose it was a good way for the park to develope quickly in the early stages, but not so great for raking in the cash.

Food is big business so if Alton start doing it themselves they will make alot more money.
Johno

They will be run by At themselves.

I'm just wondering what will be happening with BK. Will it stay? Or will it be replaced with Burger bars?
Bolton Warrior

I like the sound of this change very much.

Not just from a veggie perspective but from an healthy options choice as well with the pasta and with 20% discount with our passes as well :D
KatangaCargo

[quote=""Johno""]They will be run by At themselves.

I'm just wondering what will be happening with BK. Will it stay? Or will it be replaced with Burger bars?[/quote]

Burger King have a 10 year contract. After this has run out you can garuntee they will be replaced with another AT food outlet. Making all food oulets run by AT on park.

Pizza and Pasta is deffinetly happening in Katanga and Ug Land. Im not sure on the products in Xcell. Although Id like to think it will be burgers?
NF2

[quote=""KatangaCargo""][quote=""Johno""]They will be run by At themselves.

I'm just wondering what will be happening with BK. Will it stay? Or will it be replaced with Burger bars?[/quote]

Burger King have a 10 year contract. After this has run out you can guarantee they will be replaced with another AT food outlet. Making all food outlets run by AT on park.

[/quote]

10 YEARS! :shock: :?

You're bloody joking! Ten more years of crap service, burnt burgers and staff that can't speak English! I love BK on the high Street, but the ones at Alton have really let me down. Especially due to every single time I visit, half the machines in the Cred St one are broken :x
KatangaCargo

Please dont quote me on that. Im sure its something like that though.

I must say the one next to Charlie has excellent service last time I was in there. Shame the burgers went through Mr Wonka's shrinking device.

KC
Johno

Burger King's contract is one year I think.

As McDonalds wanted 10 years, but AT didn't want to continue with having loads of fast food outlets.
kingcriplet

[quote=""Johno""]Burger King's contract is one year I think.

As McDonalds wanted 10 years, but AT didn't want to continue with having loads of fast food outlets.[/quote]

Pretty sure the above is correct - think its the reason AT went with BK for a year just to sort out arrangements so they could be running the food outlets as from the 2009 season.

Quite looking forward to pizza and pasta :)
aru

I thought the same, mostly due to the rather temporary looking signs and the generic feel of the outlet (not a patch on McDonalds). How the managers could stand and watch the amazing themeing being ripped out is beyond me, but that's another discussion.. :(
seanyboyuk

all i can hope is whatever they do is that its good food and the prices are right.
KatangaCargo

Im glad that, if correct, it is shorter than I was told at the start of season. You may even see BK leaving the park at the end of season then, to be replaced by more AT resturants!
KC
ShadowTD

I sincerely hope it's better than the pizza and pasta place at Legoland. Overpriced and burnt. Absolute tosh.
popTART

Im sooo welcoming this with open arms i think BK and PH still charge allot and last two times i went chips were cold from the Hut.
CoasterCrazyChris

All fast food outlets are dumps (mostly BK) - why anyone bothers eating in them is beyond me.
jonathan leake

I just take a packet lunch its more healthy and its cheaper. I think this is a good choice though as it means are in more control over what happens to the outlets. I guess this means that all the KFCs Pizza huts and Burger Knigs are going. Including the ones at Chessington and Thorpe
alex_4291

Yeh i know what they have been planning anyway..

Wimpy and Miss Millies Everywhere! Woooo! :P

annyywayyyyy...

I think the AT food outlets are quite reasonable considering theme parks and such are generally really high. The quality of the courtyard tavern and the mexican cantina are the best in the park in my opinion.
Khanage

I am glad (if true) that Burger King are leaving the park in the near future whether it be 09 or 10. I haven't actually been this year but I am definitely in favour of all the food at AT being owned and operated by AT themselves.

One thing that the lack of Maccy Ds has meant the the end of me and my brother's long standing tradition (about 3 visits on the trot) of a double cheeseburger every time we passed a McDs. I suppose healthwise that was probably for the best.

I will definitely be visiting AT next year so look forward to trying out the new cuisine on offer.
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

Bolton Warrior

It is looking like Alton is going back to the past a little with the sealife centre and what appears to be all the food places going to Alton.

I always preferred it when they did there own food tbh, seeing the likes of KFC, Pizza hut etc does not make you feel like you have totally escaped the world outside for the day. Plus you can eat at those places any time you want, it is always nice to have different food. Just as long as it is not Flamingoland different food :lol: